It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor in Kim Foxx's office speaks out on Jussie Smollett...A Good 5 Min Read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subsonic

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Subsonic

Some in Prison.

Some just don't care.

Some have died.

Some are there with their family.

Some got divorced.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the country.

Actually it's not pretty much the same as the rest of the country. The single parent household rate for Asians is 15%, for Whites it's 24%. But for Blacks, it's a whopping 65%. This is hugely important and a large part of the cultural problems within the African-American community.

Data here: Single Parent Families by Race

I beg to differ. The reasons are the same. The percentage is just higher.

edit on 9-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

So um, you are very wrong.

Can you show me which one of the reason's I pointed out as to why the father is not around is wrong?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Politicians doing crazy things should be no surprise in the Trump era. He has unleashed a kind of so what I've got the power mentality among politicians.

Live with it

Aaaaaand, it's Trump's fault. We knew we could count on you Will!

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So um, you are very wrong.

Can you show me which one of the reason's I pointed out as to why the father is not around is wrong?

Some in Prison. ------ the incarceration rate for black males is quite a bit higher than other races

Some just don't care. ---- that is true, seems to be more true with black males but that is more opinion than fact.

Some have died. ---- black males die at a higher rate than other races

Some are there with their family. ---- percentages are bizarrely lower than other races

Some got divorced. ----- but most just never get married and abandon the child and mother

Pretty much the same as the rest of the country. ---- by percentages alone, this is just a bizarre belief you have.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So then all the reasons I gave are true.

Percentage wise the African American culture have a high percentage of Fathers not in the home.

My reasons still stand.

I don't think it is my reasons that you disagree with.

You are trying to figure out why the percentages are higher.

The answer is culture.

The reasons are the same for all. It is just the percentages that vary.
edit on 9-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So then all the reasons I gave are true.

Percentage wise the African American culture have a high percentage of Fathers not in the home.

My reasons still stand.

I don't think it is my reasons that you disagree with.

You are trying to figure out why the percentages are higher.

The answer is culture.

The reasons are the same for all. It is just the percentages that vary.

Well now that you put it that way, we agree. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wait a minute. You don’t detect a general malady of Trumpism among politicians in general? A certain coarseness…How he skirts the law, doesn’t respect traditions. Trump does that because of his bad nature, mental illness and general vindictive nastiness, and the fact that he is use to being amongst the rich and elite; and since FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTEMPT he is contemptable of the ruling class ipso facto.

Human beings copy each other, even though on one level they might not agree with someone they will consciously or unconsciously copy others.

That’s why Trump is a dangerous example for the general populace.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Wait a minute. You don’t detect a general malady of Trumpism among politicians in general? A certain coarseness…How he skirts the law, doesn’t respect traditions. Trump does that because of his bad nature, mental illness and general vindictive nastiness, and the fact that he is use to being amongst the rich and elite; and since FAMILIARITY BREEDS CONTEMPT he is contemptable of the ruling class ipso facto.

Human beings copy each other, even though on one level they might not agree with someone they will consciously or unconsciously copy others.

That’s why Trump is a dangerous example for the general populace.

Career politicians hate him no doubt - their "traditions" of graft, greed and bribery have brought this country to its knees.

Of course I detect a "general malady" among his detractors like you - a sort of derangement. A syndrome if you will..

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BrahmanBob

April 16, 2019

Kim Foxx didn't think highly of Jussie Smollett, but she dropped all charges. hmmmm.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx described “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett as a “washed up celeb who lied to cops” in texts messages released Tuesday by her office in response to a public-records request by the Chicago Tribune.

Foxx compared Smollett’s case to her office’s pending indictments against R&B singer R. Kelly in text messages to Joseph Magats, her top assistant, on March 8, the paper reported.

“Pedophile with 4 victims 10 counts. Washed up celeb who lied to cops, 16 (counts),” she wrote. “… Just because we can charge something doesn’t mean we should.”
Source: www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join