It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor in Kim Foxx's office speaks out on Jussie Smollett...A Good 5 Min Read

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
With everything that's been going on with this case & Chicago in general, I thought people might be interested in reading this...It's an open letter written by someone in Foxx's office & their feelings on her performance as the Cook County States Attorney...It's been verified as legit...the source for the article is one of the more respected sites around Chicago for reporting everything that the media & the city try to keep out of the public eye.

www.cwbchicago.com...

Also, if anyone's interested, here's another site that's updated daily with crime stats in Chicago...It was put together by John Cusack after a confrontation with Rahm Emanuel about the violence in the city & his offices response that it's not as bad as it seems.

heyjackass.com...

Both of these sites along with secondcitycop.blogspot.com... are great resources for info on what's really going on in Chicago & how law enforcement is being handcuffed in their ability to do anything about it due to Kim Foxx's office refusing to bring charges against alleged suspects, even when there is video, audio & witness statements & I don't mean only the Smollett case, she's refused to bring charges on multiple cases that were considered airtight by detectives in cook county & prosecutors under her command.

It's going to be an interesting summer in Chicago & should make for some good headlines all year

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Good read.

I like how she lays out that the police are like a ground zero for emotional trauma, and suffer all the illnesses that go with it (obesity, depression, PTSD, alcoholism, etc). We don't always consider that the person behind the badge has seen and dealt with more in the last week than many of us will in a lifetime.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrahmanBob

Interesting that the new mayor is also calling into question this decision. I wonder if this will be a ploy used to make Chicago 100% communist.

It is horrifying and yet almost hilarious to see how the Chicago crones thought they could bring the commies into the fold and control them. Looks like maybe a little local political civil war in Chitown is brewing.

Sadly all of Illinois will still suffer the consequences.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

From your source.

No prosecutors or police officers, and I mean none, thought that the just result would be for Jussie Smollett to go to prison. He was charged with a Class 4 felony. The anticipated outcome was a reduced sentence, a misdemeanor with some community service or restitution. This would have been done on the record, on a regularly scheduled court date, with the Chicago Police being notified, since they are the “victim” in a disorderly conduct of this nature. This case was handled markedly different from any other case at 26th Street. No one knows why, and more importantly, no one can explain why our boss, the head prosecutor of all of Cook County, has decided to so demean and debase both our hard work, and our already tenuous relationship with the Chicago Police Department.

Well it looks like the Feds should get involved. This reeks of political corruption within Chicago's legal system.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I wonder how he responded to Cusack's blog?
edit on 8-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

All of the personal/emotional stuff that was brought up is one of the reasons I believe it's not just hype or legal wrangling when there's statements made about how LEO's never know what's going to happen when they're dealing with any incident...Chicago Cops are not like Andy & Barney in Mayberry...They legit have to consider every stop or interaction with the public as a possible situation that could end up going south really fast. I don't know how anyone deals with the idea that every time they go to work getting shot at or having to shoot another person is a real possibility...I know there's cops out there looking for that & there's cops looking for that "Rush" but I've known enough LEO's in my time to believe those guys are in the minority & not the majority...Chicago Cops get a bad rap because nobody ever brings up how bad Chicago really is in the worst areas & it's starting to spread out over the entire city...even the "Really Good" neighborhoods in Chicago are starting to see increases in shootings, car jackings & other violent offenses because the more "Petty Offences" Kim Foxx's office refuses to prosecute, the bolder the criminals are getting
edit on 8-4-2019 by BrahmanBob because: Spellcheck

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

well...it certainly gave me a pause. I tend to operate under the "be kinder than necessary, you don't know what battles someone may be facing" mantra...but police have been unfairly omitted. Im going to change that going forward.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

He hasn't really responded at all...other than not running for another term. Who knows if that site was one of the reasons, but it is something that didn't start till I believe 2017 & even though it doesn't get much attention in the media, it is a site that a lot of people in Chicago know about. Personally, I believe Rahm will be running for Senate next...blaming the "Chicago Machine" & the "Blue Code of Silence" for his inability to reign in the violence in the city even though his office was the one that pushed "reforms" on the police dept. like removing training that deals with hostile situations & replaced them with training new officers on how to be "friends" with the community & how not to upset the community by enforcing "minor offences"...which Kim Foxx's office has chosen to mean just about anything that isn't a video & audio captured murder on a LEO's body cam...because even video & audio from local businesses are no longer acceptable to prosecute with
edit on 8-4-2019 by BrahmanBob because: Spellcheck

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think the answer is that it’s bigger than Chicago. Eff the culprits.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am all about being kind & putting out what you want to receive from the world personally, however, when it comes to certain situations...like being an LEO in Chicago or any other area that has an ever increasing violent crime rate...I believe they can't be blamed for looking at everyone they meet as someone that might try to kill them when they're on duty...because even if it only happens once or twice out of every 1000 stops...that's still one or two more times than the average person has to think about ever & that has to take a toll mentally on any normal sane human...even if they've been trained to expect it.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thanks

That was a good read and the breadcrumbs led to an interesting trail to follow and read.

One of the things I found most interesting was the event by The Rainbow Push Coalition.

MEDIA ADVISORY

Friday, April 5, 2019

State’s Atty Foxx to join Rev. Jackson and Multiracial Coalition Saturday at PUSH to Call for an End to Politically Motivated Attacks

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx will join Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr., south suburban African American police chiefs and a multiracial coalition of clergy, lawyers, elected officials and community activists for a press conference to support her and to condemn the politically motivated and racially charged Fraternal Order of Police orchestrated attacks on the progressive prosecutor and her office:

CWB Chicago

Chicago media gathered at Rainbow PUSH headquarters in Kenwood on Saturday morning for what was supposed to be a rally for Kim Foxx featuring “south suburban African American police chiefs.”...

...Despite promises made to the media, no police chiefs showed up to support Foxx. Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. organized the event but offered no explanation for the African American police chiefs' absences.

Foxx’s comments, preceded by activist Jamal Green’s declaration of police to be the “Blue Klux Klan,” were brief. Foxx did not object to the Klan reference, and she repeatedly ignored inquiries from reporter Matt Finn about her support for the comment.

I think the picture is clear here that's she is trying to change the narrative to one of race, when clearly nothing about this whole thing has anything to do with race. She is letting criminals walk on purpose, even those as we now know, have committed crimes directed at law enforcement officers making their jobs much harder. This is about much more than Smollett.

Green of course claims after the fact that he only meant the FOP is the "Blue Klux Klan". Which speaks not at all to why not a single member of the south suburban African American police chiefs showed up as promised. Not showing makes a real statement that this is not about race at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I really don't want to hear a single word that swamp creature has to say unless it is "guilty, your Honor".

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Changing the narrative is exactly what they are trying to do...as of today, when speaking about the event, there's no comment on the lack of south suburban African American police chiefs at the event..it has now turned to how the "South Suburban Black Mayors Caucus" express support for Kim Foxx because 13 of 17 of the members of that caucus showed up. I think it's very telling, especially in the Chicago area that none of the chiefs showed up when, in most of those cities, the Mayor has the power to hire & fire them. Those Chiefs put their duty to justice over placating the Mayors they serve...I hope they all have long & fruitful careers.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good read. Very sad to hear of all the hours he/she spent comforting mothers and grandmothers over the deaths of their children in the violence ridden neighborhoods of Chicago. However, there is one word that is noticeably absent from that article, doesn't appear even once in their descriptions of the gun violence and crime in Chicago.

Fathers.

Where are the fathers? Why are you only comforting mothers and grandmothers over the deaths of their children? Where are the fathers protecting their children from this violence? Where are the fathers teaching their sons how to be a proper man and not to resort to violence to settle disputes? Where are the fathers walking their kids to and from school to keep them safe?

The breakdown of the black family is THE key to solving the problems in these neighborhoods. Too many single mothers, and no male role models. Graduate high school, find and keep a full time job, and don't have children out of wedlock, and you're nearly guaranteed in this country to not live in poverty. Too bad the black community has rejected this simple path to success.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

Where are the fathers?

Some in Prison.

Some just don't care.

Some have died.

Some are there with their family.

Some got divorced.

Pretty much the same as the rest of the country.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Subsonic

Some in Prison.

Some just don't care.

Some have died.

Some are there with their family.

Some got divorced.

Actually it's not pretty much the same as the rest of the country. The single parent household rate for Asians is 15%, for Whites it's 24%. But for Blacks, it's a whopping 65%. This is hugely important and a large part of the cultural problems within the African-American community.

Data here: Single Parent Families by Race
edit on 8-4-2019 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

A Prosecutor being anti-police is very telling. Foxx is basing her actions on politics, her hatred of police and race. I think that is crystal clear.

Jessie is just being Jessie and going for the publicity to get more money flowing in.

The dollar sign in the logo is there for a reason and Jackson is all but forgotten these days. It's a shame the African American community there has people like him around, when they honestly need credible people pleading their cause and representing them.

I don't see any sign of Chicago changing, just a lot more of the same. 481 shot this year and 97 dead. The killing fields continue and the answer is not a prosecutor siding with the criminals for political reasons.

edit on 4/8/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You obviously to not understand the crisis that black families in the USA face.

In its annual “America’s Families and Living Arrangements” data collection, the Bureau examined marriage and family, the living arrangements of older adults and other household characteristics.

It found that a majority of the 73.7 million American children under age 18 live in families with two parents (69 percent)—a decrease from 88 percent in 1960. Of those 50.7 million children living in families with two parents, 47.7 million live with two married parents and 3 million live with two unmarried parents.

Broken down by race, however, the statistics show stark differences. The percentage of White children under 18 who live with both parents almost doubles that of Black children, according to the data. While 74.3 percent of all White children below the age of 18 live with both parents, only 38.7 percent of African-American minors can say the same.

taken from:

www.afro.com...

So um, you are very wrong.
edit on Mon Apr 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote and made PARAGRAPHS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Is it any surprise that immoral criminal KIM FOX is playing the "I'm being attacked because of my race!", card today?

If I wasn't Black - twitter.com...
edit on 4/8/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Politicians doing crazy things should be no surprise in the Trump era. He has unleashed a kind of so what I've got the power mentality among politicians.

Live with it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join