It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting old sux

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So, 2 years ago I started running 5ks for work. I am now 45... I hurt my back last week training, I will miss our 1st 5k this Saturday. I am going to miss it.

Why does getting old suck? As an old school punk rocker, I am finally getting healthy.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

There is one thing worse than getting old,,
Not getting old.

Perspective buddy...

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Youth...
Wasted on the young.

Yeah, getting old does suck. Your body doesn't seem to get that your mind says you can still do it!
But I like that I can act crazy, and blame it on my age.
That can be a lot of fun!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Look into training for bodies over 40.

My husband learned the hard way, you cannot train at 40+ the way you did at 25+.
Your body changes over time, and you need to take that into consideration, or run the risk of hurting yourself to the point you have to take off more time than you would like.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

i don't know some mornings i wake up aching and think # i'm still here

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
45 old hahahahaha!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That's what naps are for. You can dream of Daring-do and heroic romances n' such. There's always Tylenol

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am 35. Wait.. 37. Christ. Anyways, I like getting "older" because bit by bit life starts to make at least some sort of sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yep, getting old does suck!

5 years ago I was also running 5Ks with my adult kids. 2 years ago 5 mile hikes in the woods with my husband were an every week thing. A little over 1 month ago I had a string of heart attacks and now I'm not only on 2 different cholesterol meds, 1 stomach med, 2 blood thinners and 1 platelet something or another- and I start cardiac rehab next week. Even before the heart attack a hike in the woods in the past year meant aspirin and Tylenol, a hot pad and not moving for a day or two- don't even think about running any more. I'm only 52 years old and nobody warned me it was going to start hitting me this fast, but even if they had I still don't think I would have been prepared!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Getting old rox!

The variety of excuses to get-out of doing stuff, just keeps growing and expanding!

After that phase: we enter the phase of wild creativity, just inventing all manner of boundary-expanding excuses.

Am now in the 'No thanks. Not interested' phase.
'Sorry. don't like going out. Anywhere', also works.

No lies or BS required.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I got old before my time, heh.

It does suck, but there are some perks. Just gotta go with the flow with a lot of it, since there is sweet f-all we can do about it (for now).

Dunno though.. immortality might just be a different curse.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dunno..

I'm 45 also.

Having the most fun I have had in life.

Tons of Hockey injuries some of which were full reconstructions, tons of injuries from stage diving at sXe shows or headbanging at metal shows.

Working out every day and practicing Extreme Ownership.

Get After It!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wish you hadn't started this thread. It has made me feel ancient now. 68 but feel 78.
edit on 4-4-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I know right? I'll be 61 on the 18th.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm so old, I just watched the movie The Dirt about Motley Crue and during Kick Start My Heart I tried to headbang, then flash my b00bs at my old man, ended up throwing my back and am in traction.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I here you, getting older is an up hil battle which in the end we lose. Will be 80 in one month, may 1. Used to run now walk, but can still do 4 miles per day. Trying to get my son in law on my nutritional pac I devised, he is 62 and I can keep up ok with him. Do some research, stop drinking. I reversed many of my problems in the last few years. Things like nicocinimide and ribose. And then include some TMG. Next include some carnitine with Q 10 but don’t forget the ribose to work at the cellular level. Ribose is a five sided sugar made from glucose and is often depleted, taking some time to manufactur and is needed with the adenosine triphosphate cycle which allows the mitochondria to rebuild the cells along with supplying NAD. Just research and grow younger, I did.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I'm so old, I just watched the movie The Dirt about Motley Crue and during Kick Start My Heart I tried to headbang, then flash my b00bs at my old man, ended up throwing my back and am in traction.

Lmao. Eventhough you might not think it I bet your husband felt it was worth it,LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
He didn't look up from his reading.....

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: interupt42
He didn't look up from his reading.....

That makes it even funnier but wasteful of the freed puppies

This is something i could see my wife do, hence it cracked me up.
edit on 47430America/ChicagoThu, 04 Apr 2019 22:47:17 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Getting old doesn't sux... getting wiser with age

top topics

<<   2 >>

join