It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting old sux

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
So, 2 years ago I started running 5ks for work. I am now 45... I hurt my back last week training, I will miss our 1st 5k this Saturday. I am going to miss it.

Why does getting old suck? As an old school punk rocker, I am finally getting healthy.

After 50 it's a downward skid

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
At 60, I can still do everything I could do at 40, just often MUCH slower. I am continually stumbling (sometimes literally) onto new and creative ways to injure myself. Working out, I am in super slow motion, very controlled, and pass on the heavy lifts of my youth. I am forever motivated by the desire to not have moobs.

I can't complain though. Sometimes you might think that growing old sucks, but it is just a continuation of your growth and learning experiences; you might not be the physical bear you once were, however you might discover something else in your creativity that gives you as much pleasure.

There are two pieces of advice I want to pass on; these things aren't age specific, although they become much more important the older you get.

1) Stretch........ slow, no bobbing, gently for a long time and often. If your back has to take the strain when you bend down, you run the risk of back problems. Stretch everything. 'nuff said.

2) Sleep is vital. Your body doesn't really heal effectively without quality sleep, and this is also true with building muscle and workout recovery.

I am sore somewhere all the time every day. It's okay. It's better than the alternative. Most of the time I feel good. When I was in my 20's, I never thought I would live so long.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

When I was in my 20's, I never thought I would live so long.

When I was in my 20's, I thought 30 sounded old. LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: Bluntone22

i don't know some mornings i wake up aching and think # i'm still here

Me too, but I fight to be strong again. Is it a state of mind, then?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

yep you have to keep on trekking down life's weary highway till you get to the end
and smile through the tears

edit on 9-4-2019 by Steveogold because: needed to add a bit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join