It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody keep rabbits for food ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

originally posted by: toolgal462

Why is this life/world so cruel to the cutest and most innocent creatures? Makes me hate it.

Why are animals made of food if we're not supposed to eat them?

Still I don't have to like it. I love animals. This dichotomy has always bothered me a lot

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

What cat??

I didn't see any cat! Was there a cat there?

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wait till a rabbit gets inside the engine of your wife's Audi A8 and chews up $7,000 in wiring...you won't have any problem killing rabbits at all then! (that actually happened, along with about $2000 in damage to the wiring on our skid loader). All due to rabbits. They can be pests.

On the subject of raising them for food...raising rabbits is really easy. Just don't make them pets. And, a good way to start not making them pets is to never name any of them (that, or put one in your engine compartment!). I know several people around here who raise them. The hardest part I've seen is actually keeping them from multiplying! Seriously. If you put a male rabbit around a female rabbit for even 5 seconds they WILL do the deed! I've got this one friend who raises some kinda' competition rabbits (some purebred something or other). I was at his place one day and he asked me to hold onto this rabbit (they're all tame). The rabbit wiggled out of my hands and hopped on the ground. There was this male rabbit in a cage my friend was messing with, and it escaped...and like a lightning bolt, these two rabbits were goin' at it! My friend was all bent out of shape because they were two different breeds, and I felt bad. Then he says..."Don't worry about it. Rabbits are like Doritos; don't worry, they'll make more!"

It took me a minute to get it (and remember the old Doritos commercial). LOL!

ETA - Oh (the irony), and I asked him what he was going to do with the halfbreed baby rabbits. He just shrugged and said..."feed 'em to the cat."
edit on 4/4/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Why is this life/world so cruel to the cutest and most innocent creatures? Makes me hate it.

To be fair, it can be pretty brutal to be a predator too. Getting kicked in the face, stomped and counter-attacked. Often they get killed too.

Imagine having to take down prey larger than you with your teeth and claws to earn a living. That can be tough too.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

To be fair, it can be pretty brutal to be a predator too. Getting kicked in the face, stomped and counter-attacked. Often they get killed too.

Imagine having to take down prey larger than you with your teeth and claws to earn a living. That can be tough too.

Life can be brutal for every living creature. I fully accept that. This is one of the philosophical questions of the ages....It seems many people don't think about it much. Others, like myself, think about it all the time. There is no answer to make it better but I find myself cursing my existence a lot.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Wait till a rabbit gets inside the engine of your wife's Audi A8 and chews up $7,000 in wiring...you won't have any problem killing rabbits at all then! (that actually happened, along with about $2000 in damage to the wiring on our skid loader). All due to rabbits. They can be pests.

On the subject of raising them for food...raising rabbits is really easy. Just don't make them pets. And, a good way to start not making them pets is to never name any of them (that, or put one in your engine compartment!). I know several people around here who raise them. The hardest part I've seen is actually keeping them from multiplying! Seriously. If you put a male rabbit around a female rabbit for even 5 seconds they WILL do the deed! I've got this one friend who raises some kinda' competition rabbits (some purebred something or other). I was at his place one day and he asked me to hold onto this rabbit (they're all tame). The rabbit wiggled out of my hands and hopped on the ground. There was this male rabbit in a cage my friend was messing with, and it escaped...and like a lightning bolt, these two rabbits were goin' at it! My friend was all bent out of shape because they were two different breeds, and I felt bad. Then he says..."Don't worry about it. Rabbits are like Doritos; don't worry, they'll make more!"

It took me a minute to get it (and remember the old Doritos commercial). LOL!

ETA - Oh (the irony), and I asked him what he was going to do with the halfbreed baby rabbits. He just shrugged and said..."feed 'em to the cat."

Meh....I have rescued so many animals in my lifetime. And they have cost me a lot of money and they have damaged my home, etc....I don't begrudge them for it. I just do my best to fix things.

One of the only things in life that gets me up in the morning is having my animals to care for. Because they need me. Otherwise, I see no point some days.

I have no lack of human friends but I prefer animals to keep me company most days.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Your right. Life can be brutal for every living creature.

Its funny when people say life is beautiful when most of life is actually billions/trillions of creatures devouring each other alive, each and every day.
edit on 5-4-2019 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It seems many people don't think about it much..

Its actually the central focus of Buddhism. (The original writings anyway..)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join