It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TONIGHTS VOTE - Brace yourself. The Brexit you voted for is about to be ignored

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sir Oliver said: "One thing is abundantly clear. If the majority of MPs want to avoid a no-deal exit, then they either need to back the PM's deal or back an alternative solution. The time has come for decisions." However, some of Mrs May's allies were worried that any system of indicative votes would give too much influence to Speaker John Bercow, with whom ministers have clashed. "We know what the objective of the Speaker is and it is not to facilitate a sensible debate that would lead to the best outcome, but it is to thwart Brexit," said a Brexiteer in government. Speaking to reporters as she left her house this morning, Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd said: "I just want to urge Iain Duncan Smith and others to help us make sure we get the withdrawal agreement through this week so that we can end the chaos and try and get back to a stable situation and leave the European Union." The Cabinet assembled at 9.20am. Mrs May faced the growing calls to announce she would quit as Prime Minister if her departure means her Brexit deal gets Commons backing.

Source

Just a quick one - Remainers, yes we did know what we voted for and I am sick to the back teeth of being told we didn’t.

The Brexit we voted for is not going to happen, when will the government realise that we DID NOT VOTE for a deal, to stay in the single market or anything that keeps us even slightly aligned with the EU... WE VOTED TO LEAVE.

For goodness sake just give us no deal, they know it’s what we want but they refuse to do it.

Tonight they will hold a vote which will effectively give the house control of Brexit so fellow voters you better get used to a soft Brexit because it is coming whether we voted for it or not.

I sincerely hope this country does not ‘keep calm and carry on’ because this is a disgrace
edit on 25/3/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/3/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

*Polishing pitchfork*

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The Globalists want what they want. This is a scary and sad time, and we think we live in a modern era. Sickening.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Power rules. Votes do not matter.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That statement that she will back down if they vote her deal is enough to know shr was a plant all al9ng to have a remainers brexit or remain. Thats her job, keep us in the EU then you are not needed thereafter .
Take her nice backhand payment and enjoy her retirement.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Retirement?! You mean 6 figure desk job in Brussles...

This here is ironical....Cameron suggested burning EU red tape when he was 22.

home.bt.com...
edit on 25-3-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is how democracy dies in the UK

I don't think the leave crowd has enough "toxic" masculinity/femininity to stand up for themselves

its almost like removing the the fight from the people was the goail

RIP UK

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
by the apathy in this thread seems the Brits are going out with a whimper, hale my brethren from across the pond you post more about American politics mostly bad orange man, than getting out of that soured co-dependent relationship with the P.U LOL I mean EU.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So no deal has been ruled out? No alternative then but to pursue a soft Brexit.

... Guess I better continue polishing this pitchfork then until the end comes and we end up with what we did not vote for

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So The house has seized control from Theresa May after the vote.

And so it begins...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

I don't think the leave crowd has enough "toxic" masculinity/femininity to stand up for themselves

RIP UK

Not dead yet......
It's time for the people to rebel against our foreign occupation.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Its amazing how can a country vote on something according to its long-established rules and win and yet it be ignored but a large segment of government trying to nullify the decision. Why that could never happen in America ..Oh wait??? nevermind.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: osoespacialpoco

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

RIP UK

Not dead yet......
It's time for the people to rebel against our foreign occupation.

My concern is people will just lay back and take it. I would like to think people will rebel but at most we will likely have a few people with some placards/holding signs marching.

There needs to be a full scale riot. I never condone violence nor encourage it but it is the only way.

Do you really believe the politicians do not laugh at ‘peaceful’ protests, I know I would

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Exactly right JP, the establishment need to learn that the sovereignty of the country, and its people is paramount. My grandfather fought for England in WW2 , he would be turning in his grave to see us cowtow to an EU superstate ran by Germany and France. Germany got what they wanted without a shot being fired, without a tank rolling down the British countryside, and convicted our MP’S to accept a treaty as if we’d lost the war. Just the ridiculous clauses in TREASON MAYS deal she got from the EU are enough to make any Brit shudder. Why oh why does it need a clause giving EU officials immunity to prosecution in the UK? Isn’t that enough to say helllll no?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DARKJEDIG
Exactly right JP, the establishment need to learn that the sovereignty of the country, and its people is paramount. My grandfather fought for England in WW2 , he would be turning in his grave to see us cowtow to an EU superstate ran by Germany and France. Germany got what they wanted without a shot being fired, without a tank rolling down the British countryside, and convicted our MP’S to accept a treaty as if we’d lost the war. Just the ridiculous clauses in TREASON MAYS deal she got from the EU are enough to make any Brit shudder. Why oh why does it need a clause giving EU officials immunity to prosecution in the UK? Isn’t that enough to say helllll no?

100% this ^

new topics

top topics

join