It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Readies Criminal Referrals For Clinton Operatives Who "Perpetuated This Hoax"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Gothmog

Well, it is the South after all.

Yes , I do find it hilarious when folks use "old sayings" yet do not know the "history" "behind" them.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yes , I do find it hilarious when folks use "old sayings" yet do not know the "history" "behind" them.

Is that so? I actually do, more recent deviant southern cooption not withstanding:

What's the origin of the phrase 'Stick in the mud'?

The figurative phrase 'stick in the mud' derives from the imagery of someone whose feet are stuck in wet clay and is unable to progress. It was preceded in the language by earlier versions, for example 'stick in the briers, clay, mire' etc. These were usually applied to people who remained in a difficult situation, either by choice or because they were stuck.
Thomas Cooper's Thesaurus, 1565, included an example:

They beyng accused of extortion and pillage were in muche trouble, or stacke in the bryars. Family-friendly Source

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oh goodie more till I torches! Are we gonna have more paralyzed men and women killed by terrorist drivers?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

uh

Oh goodie more till I torches!

not really sure what you mean?

Are we gonna have more paralyzed men and women killed by terrorist drivers?

i dont know
i do not think that is anything anyone wants

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah . That is the "Family Friendly" modern version
But I am going off-topic
I leave this now

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

1,565 isn't 'modern'.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It was referring to charlottesville. I am on my cell an it has a tendency of changes the words I write into gibberish so it won't let me spell out what kind of torches they were. But overall that post was just my overly dry sarcastic humor rising up.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nothing will happen to the Clintons or their people. Maybe a few low ranking types will get in trouble - those who put forward the dossier as actual intelligence. The Clintons are too powerful and people don’t want to end up as #48 of those who mysteriously died in connection with them.

The real effect of all this will be Trump getting re-elected.
edit on 3252019 by oriondc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

They were powerful people.

They had Obama to cover their back and their crimes.

Now they're getting exposed and nothing will stop the avalanche, unless they kill Trump.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It was referring to charlottesville. I am on my cell an it has a tendency of changes the words I write into gibberish so it won't let me spell out what kind of torches they were. But overall that post was just my overly dry sarcastic humor rising up.

thanks

are there more confederate statues to tear down?
is that still a thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You were the one who brought up the torches and pitchforks, probably a tad bit sacastically yourself. Reading through some of the posts today I kind of get the impression that they won't need the statues as an excuse.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

yes I did, as they are out for those who appear to have started the whole bs special council investigation to begin with.
the right is looking to get those who they say broke the law and started an illegal investigation.

conflating the issue with the problems in virgina is funny I suppose?
was the statue an excuse? I guess it could have been as it stood for 93 years without significant opposition.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Maybe... but if that were going to happen, why hasn't it happened already? There was nothing stopping Team Mueller; in fact, the scope of the investigation allowed for pretty much exactly that:

According to its authorizing document which was signed by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein on May 17, 2017, the investigation's scope included the allegation that there were links or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government[2][3] as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation". The scope of the investigation also included potential obstruction of justice by Trump and others.

Special Counsel investigation (2017–2019)
If anyone were serious about bringing charges for this fraudulent investigation, then it would have happened before the midterm elections. It would have been all wrapped up and tied with a pretty bow long before Dems had the chance the win back the House and thwart any further investigation/prosecution.

Trump already said it: He could bring down Dems AND Pubs if he declassified information... but he won't. He wants the leverage. Trump is going to use whatever he has for his own political and personal benefit. I tend to believe people when they tell us who they really are.

Of course Trump has the power to prove me wrong... does he have the will to do so???

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I would respectfully suggest that you, nor anyone else, aside from top DOJ officials, know what the scope was.

I've never seen any documentation, just speculation.

Not only that, Rosenstien redefined the scope midway through.

I could be wrong. I would certainly like to see a copy of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did they find Russian meddling in the election? Yes
Are you saying it shouldn't have been investigated? That they should have ignored the hacking of the dem computers and mass dumping of the info online even though there are probably people still trying to repair their credit after all their info was dumped. That we didn't need to to know the extent of it or the technicalities of how it was pulled off so we might prevent it from happening again?
Was there trump associate's who had questionable backgrounds or questionable behavior? Again yes
And for some, the intelligence agencies were well aware of the questionable cheap long before trump was a candidate. To have so many shady characters flocking to trump should have been reason enough to look into what was going on. I mean what if this panned out the other way and led to a disaster that could have been avoided? We would all be screaming for blood because they didn't look into it.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Did they find Russian meddling in the election? Yes
Are you saying it shouldn't have been investigated? That they should have ignored the hacking of the dem computers and mass dumping of the info online even though there are probably people still trying to repair their credit after all their info was dumped. That we didn't need to to know the extent of it or the technicalities of how it was pulled off so we might prevent it from happening again?
Was there trump associate's who had questionable backgrounds or questionable behavior? Again yes
And for some, the intelligence agencies were well aware of the questionable cheap long before trump was a candidate. To have so many shady characters flocking to trump should have been reason enough to look into what was going on. I mean what if this panned out the other way and led to a disaster that could have been avoided? We would all be screaming for blood because they didn't look into it.

This was never about Russian meddling though. If it were, it would have been handled in a totally different manner.

This was about laying the blame at Trump's feet, through the use of false allegations, fake dossiers, and abuse of FISA regulations.

If you can't see the difference, it is because you don't want to.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: Boadicea

I would respectfully suggest that you, nor anyone else, aside from top DOJ officials, know what the scope was.

And I would respectfully suggest that you -- and anyone else so inclined -- check out the link I provided, which not only refers to/describes the scope of the investigation, but also in fact links to a copy of the order (dated 5/17/17 and signed by Rod Rosenstein):

Order No. 3915-2017

APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. [Sections] 509, 510 and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:
(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice.
(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. [Section] 600.4(a).
(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is [B][U]authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters. (d) Sections 600.4 through 600.10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel.

File:Appointment of Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Interference with the 2016 Presidential Election and Related Matters.pdf

I've never seen any documentation, just speculation.

You're welcome.

Not only that, Rosenstien redefined the scope midway through.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are referring to the 4/2/18 memo The Scope of Investigation and Definition of Authority from Rosenstein to Mueller, which didn't re-define the scope, but clarified the scope and authority:

The May 17, 2017 order was worded categorically in order to permit its public release without confirming specific investigations involving specific individuals. This memorandum provides a more specific description of your authority. The following allegations were within the scope of the Investigation at the time of your appointment, and are within the scope of the Order: [redacted]

The memo then refers to issues regarding the investigation/prosecution of Manafort specifically.

You therefore have authority to continue and complete the investigation of those matters, and additional matters described in 28 C.F.R. [Section] 600.4(a)

And this would be that section of the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) providing authority:

(a)Original jurisdiction.
The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall be established by the Attorney General. The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated. The jurisdiction of a Special Counsel shall also include the authority to investigate and prosecute federal crimes committed in the course of, and with intent to interfere with, the Special Counsel's investigation, such as perjury, obstruction of justice, destruction of evidence, and intimidation of witnesses; and to conduct appeals arising out of the matter being investigated and/or prosecuted.

28 CFR § 600.4 - Jurisdiction.
So all this to say that yes, Team Mueller had the power and authority to investigate any/all potential crimes that arose during the investigation. And that would include any/all criminal acts pertaining to the origination and execution of --

...the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey...

-- against Trump.

The investigation was never limited to Team Trump.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I want to know the status of the Comey-Clinton-Lynch CRIMINAL REFERRALS sent to Jeff Sessions by Congress in April 2018.

Here: www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I want to know the status of the Comey-Clinton-Lynch CRIMINAL REFERRALS sent to Jeff Sessions by Congress in April 2018.

Here: www.politico.com...

I think we do know...

Yet another opportunity squandered.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Handled by whom?? Silent Bob Mueller who only spoke thru legal documents which are still pretty much black out in many cases. Or the talking heads on tv both left and right who were twisting everything to suit their needs? Or the politics in washington again on both sides who were stretching and twisting?
It seems like none of them really have the country's interests in mind. They only care about their political inteterests.
So ya, while the dems in the house investigate hoping to find what the intelligence community couldn't find let's have the Senate republicans investigate the investigatos and of course they need to investigate Hillary some more because they just can't accept the results of all those previous investigations. And of course them and the talking heads on Fox will be doing Just as much twisting stretching and just downright lying while they are complaining about the dems and their talking heads not accepting the Mueller findings at gave value and are twisting stretching and lying!
Both parties need to be replaced!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join