It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Russian planes carrying troops arrive in Venezuela

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

All the time, depending on equipment. If that 35 tons of equipment is air defense equipment, you send an air defense unit with it to show it off and train local operators. Special Forces is usually sent, but regular troops can be as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Its a long way to the top if you want to Rock & Roll

All the way to SAC? Cheyenne?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No problem, Mexico will defend our southern border from those pesky Russians.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Willtell

100 troops probably would mean military advisors mainly.

Since when do regular troops act in advisory capacity to heads of state? Aren't they usually pretty high up in rank?

And it takes 35 tons of equipment to advise?
they better pack their lunch. What does a Russian have MRE tast like?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

100 troops probably would mean military advisors mainly.

It looks more like cold war tactics. They are testing us. Those poor 100 Russians must be feeling like scapegoats.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

And it takes 35 tons of equipment to advise?

I wonder …..

How much does a nuclear bomb weigh?

The largest atomic bomb ever built, the Tsar-bomb (Царь-бомба) weighed 27 tonnes, The Soviet Union and the USA both developed "Tactical Nukes" dubbed "Suitcase Nukes." The USA's smallest version weighed 51 pounds (MK-54 SADM). The Soviet version's weight is not released information.

www.answers.com...

Maybe the 100 guys was a cover.
edit on 24-3-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if Russia is trying to end the political nonsense going on there? I know that's probably not what's going on, but I think it would be funny if that was the case.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The flights carried officials who arrived to "exchange consultations," wrote Russian government-owned news agency Sputnik, which quoted an unnamed source at the Russian embassy. "Russia has various contracts that are in the process of being fulfilled, contracts of a technical military character," Sputnik quoted the source as saying.

www.dailysabah.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
There we go now we got something to latch on to. We identify the Russian companies involved with the development of their air defense and fighter jets manufacture, maybe tanks and GPS satellites as well. Take those names, run them in a search engine to return results in Russian and Spanish for contracts in South America, and we will have some more juicy Intel to share. But I just getting ready for bed now.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

At the same time the sc report verifies that the russians did in fact interfere in our elections.

Russia is making big big moves all over the world.

I wonder how many other places they are messing around in?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: gortex

He said approximately 100 soldiers – led by General Vasily Tonkoshkurov, who is head of the Mobilization Directorate of Russia's armed forces – was also seen, as well as 35 tons of equipment.

I expect more will follow , Russian forces at America's doorstep.

o.O Was geography not one of your strengths? Venezuela isn't "at our doorstep", and the Russians are closer to Alaska already anyway. I think that gap is 55 miles vs the 1,800 or so Venezuela is.

Edt: Eyeballed the map, think 1,800 is a bit far, probably closer to 1,000 to 1,200 miles shore to shore. My point still stands -- there's a much tinier gap in Alaska already.

They're closer to the southern states in Venezuela...

EDIT: I'm referring to the western most point of Russia, not Alaska. Why would they take Alaska when their troops are welcomed in Venezuela?
edit on 25-3-2019 by ConsciousRoots because: Some people may misunderstand my reply

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

There's already Russian nuclear capable supersonic bombers on Venezuelan runway since last year as we know .

No there isn't any Russian bombers in Venezuela. Those Tu-160 returned back to Russia after a couple of days. It was simply a routine deployment that has taken place every 5 years.

MOSCOW, December 15. /TASS/. Tu-160 strategic bombers have returned to their home airfield in Russia after a their visit to Venezuela, the Russian Defense Ministry's department of information and communications said on Saturday. "Long-range aircraft flew in the airspace over the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean, Norwegian and Barents Seas," the defense ministry said. "Tu-160 strategic bombers flew over 12,000 kilometers and refueled in the air," the ministry added.

Tass News Link

Sputnik News report link

The Russians also informed the US that the bombers were returning to Russia after a few days on exercise.

“We talked to representatives of Russia and were informed that their military aircraft, which had landed in Venezuela, will fly out on Friday and return to Russia,” said Sanders.

News Link

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Then how about them S-300's?

www.almasdarnews.com...

The Venezuelan military has deployed more S-300 air defense missiles to a key airbase south of Caracas, the Image Sat International reported on Sunday. According to Image Sat, the Venezuelan armed forces activated their S-300 missiles after completing their military drills in February.

Has the US ever attempted aircraft dominance over an airspace covered by S-300's, much less S-400's?

To me, this is posing an unwinnable situation for Washington- unless of course they were willing to go all out, and bring the full force of our military to bear. And I just don't see it. The political fallout from that would be too great. Take note: Assad is still there. The Russians are going to win in Venezuela as well, and Washington is just gonna have to suck it up. You figure they would have learned their lesson by now with all these stupid covert CIA wars. In Guatemala they just got lucky. It is all out or nothing to get rid of Maduro at this point, and the Russians know this. They are banking on that Washington ain't going to risk it. And I believe they are right.

On the other hand, one could look at the withdraw of troops from Syria, and wonder what they are planning next. Venezuela may have been the motive all along. And if so, this could get real ugly, real fast.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This just in:

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Monday and called on Russia "to cease its unconstructive behavior" in Venezuela, State Department spokesman Robert Palladino said in a statement. The United States "will not stand idly by as Russia exacerbates tensions in Venezuela," the statement said. "The continued insertion of Russian military personnel to support the illegitimate regime of Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela risks prolonging the suffering of the Venezuelan people who overwhelmingly support interim President Juan Guaido," the statement said.

www.cnn.com...

I have to seriously question that assertion: "the Venezuelan people who overwhelmingly support interim President Juan Guaido"

In whose fantasy universe are you living in Pompeo? You think that South America has forgotten about the Bay of Pigs fiasco, not to mention the absolute cluster**** the US has made of the middle east and Libya, among so many other places?

How many more Americans are going to die over oil? I say let's put YOU in that war, leading the pack. Let you be the first one to fire the first shot.

No Pompeo, the US is absolutely going to sit idly by, and the Russians are going to have a field day sucking Venezuela dry of all their oil. And you will do NOTHING. Because you can't. You can try all your little covert CIA ops, and try to incite a revolution in Venezuela which you will never fully support, just like the Bay of Pigs, but the US will never risk all out war with Russia over this. And if you do, then you're an idiot. Russia's moved in. So welcome the comrades.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: projectvxn
"The US is going to invade! The US is going to invade!"

Meanwhile:

"Russian planes carrying troops arrive in Venezuela"

Yep...Someone care to explain to me why this is ok?

Invited by Maduro?

Probably just a deterrence force. Not that they could stop US military action, but just to make the consequences of taking military action in Venezuela that much more dangerous, for fear of accidentally hitting some Russians.

The Americans can just take of their insignia like the Russians did in Crimea, not America, no sir, dont know who they are....

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   

The more of this posters post on Venezuela the more I become convinced this poster is an agent of the US govt.

The post is written in terms intended to get the reader to believe that there is nothing but milit-tree implications to this event of the Russians flying people into this distressed country.

The poster puts up no evidence of any intent to develop closer milit-tree ties with Venezuela.

From what I have been reading about what has been going on in Venezuela, its far more likely they are an advanced contingent of a team of engineers who have been flown into assist with restoration of the electrical generation and distribution system which seems to be have deliberately sabotaged by someone who is trying to grind Venezuela into the dust.

Should this be the case and Russia assists Venezuela to restore and maintain its electrical and most likely its water system also, then a likely outgrowth of this arrangement between the two countries leaders, is naturally closer ties and cooperation either economic and or militarily.

I think TrueAmerican is a US govt agent.
edit on 26-3-2019 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The more of this posters post on Venezuela the more I become convinced this poster is an agent of the US govt.

The post is written in terms intended to get the reader to believe that there is nothing but milit-tree implications to this event of the Russians flying people into this distressed country.

The poster puts up no evidence of any intent to develop closer milit-tree ties with Venezuela.

From what I have been reading about what has been going on in Venezuela, its far more likely they are an advanced contingent of a team of engineers who have been flown into assist with restoration of the electrical generation and distribution system which seems to be have deliberately sabotaged by someone who is trying to grind Venezuela into the dust.

Should this be the case and Russia assists Venezuela to restore and maintain its electrical and most likely its water system also, then a likely outgrowth of this arrangement between the two countries leaders, is naturally closer ties and cooperation either economic and or militarily.

Everyone is a potential agent, if they feel their fragile reality in danger

LMAO

But honestly, you can't just say so right like that, let's bring up the facts.. And we know those are there in the open by now

For example, about the electrical grid. How did Marco Rubio knew first hand about the exact failure, way before the actual government of Venezuela knew where and how it had failed? And how he was able to post the 'news' on twitter so fast, when the event had not even been disclosed at all in so much detail? He knew more than the Venezuela government just a few minutes after it happens. Undeniable fact.

I wish people would stop licking boots or asses and talk about this specific actual fact that can't be removed from history

But nope

If people died, and these guy and other people knew, we need answers. Because there is no way at this time they can say "it was lucky" or "we did not know"

There's also that memo that got leaked which specifically talks about causing this exact scenario

People avoid answering to you because they rather hide their head in the sand
edit on 26-3-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Yeah right. A team of electrical soldiers decked out in military uniforms, complete with a ground troop commander. To fix the electrical grid? Have you lost it or something? I'd sooner buy the Russian's explanation for this, posted right above- which directly contradicts your post. At least they admit it IS military contract related.

ROFL. I am some poor musician dude looking for a job that has never had any connection to any government agency or political party in my entire life. Dude, you need to do more reading. And especially about Russian investment in Venezuela and long standing Russian-Venezuelan military contracts.

Utter, complete and total FAIL.

edit on Tue Mar 26th 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
"The US is going to invade! The US is going to invade!"

Meanwhile:

"Russian planes carrying troops arrive in Venezuela"

Yep...Someone care to explain to me why this is ok?

Just like Russia in Sryia. If someone invites you into their house thats ok. If you kick the door down without asking just so you can take the oil its not ok. What is so complicated about that.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

Everyone is a potential agent, if they feel their fragile reality in danger

LMAO

But honestly, you can't just say so right like that, let's bring up the facts.. And we know those are there in the open by now

For example, about the electrical grid. How did Marco Rubio knew first hand about the exact failure, way before the actual government of Venezuela knew where and how it had failed? And how he was able to post the 'news' on twitter so fast, when the event had not even been disclosed at all in so much detail? He knew more than the Venezuela government just a few minutes after it happens. Undeniable fact.

I wish people would stop licking boots or asses and talk about this specific actual fact that can't be removed from history

But nope

If people died, and these guy and other people knew, we need answers. Because there is no way at this time they can say "it was lucky" or "we did not know"

There's also that memo that got leaked which specifically talks about causing this exact scenario

People avoid answering to you because they rather hide their head in the sand

people must be very naieve to think the US govt does not send the army to deal with this or that civil crisis in xyz country to help out with various forms of support. Why is this explanation not get that attention in this matter - Hope that explains more. Also for the next reply to what I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join