It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- Russian planes carrying troops arrive in Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
They should have landed with food and medicine...not troops.

Hehe, yeah well the Russians have opted not to try and disguise their intent with trucks of goodies across the border. They are saying it flat out and up front. THIS will be a true test of Trump's leadership, in the face of the Russian bear. What does he do? Wait until some 50 to 100,000 Russian troops arrive?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Maybe Russias is invading and the Venezuelans don't know it.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but didn't Russia and China tell the US not to get involved militarily in Venezuela??
But it's OK for them?????

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Too little info, we'll have to maintain eyes on this till more develops...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Do as I say ......not as I do.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but didn't Russia and China tell the US not to get involved militarily in Venezuela??

Was that before or after this....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Well, it begs the question of what Russian intelligence may know that CAUSED them to send an advance force. Have they seen unusual US troop, aircraft, or ship movements suggestive of the beginning stages of an invasion? Inquiring minds wanna know.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

And it takes 35 tons of equipment to advise?

That isn't much in terms of military gear. Some things that weigh that much on their own:

-single a medium armored tank
-1500 rifles and ammunition for them
-A small short range SAM site

If I had to guess... I'd go with the rifles. They could be training local Venezuelan troops in the use of their own small arms and tactics as "advising".

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Yea looks like Venezuela will be torn apart more or less in a similar manner is Syria and Libya. My concern is, which groups on the ground will manifest spontaneously in the Venezuelan battle front fighting for either side as proxies. Because it is much easier to infiltrate the southern USA with Spanish speakers than Arabs, they could easily begin a campaign of terror here at home soon. This is where my concerns lay at this time.

As a preparation, I stay armed and am vigilante for subversive plots.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's great PR for Russia to help out a country so close to the Great Satan, that's about it, Russia simply doesn't have the lift capabilities to be a real threat in this Hemisphere, just a prick in Trumps side.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Never pass up an opportunity for a good proxy war.

Or...

One hundred Russian Spetsnaz, a few suitcase nukes, and our oh so heavily guarded southern border...

Of course we could detect the radiation signature but would we be able to interdict in time? After all, it only takes one.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One hundred Russian Spetsnaz, a few suitcase nukes, and our oh so heavily guarded southern border...

You may not be to far off the mark there. In accordance with latest Russian military doctrine, they may well have sent something close to that- not for attack, but for defense. They have been developing an array of tactical nukes, and a small force if faced with obliteration might well use them. They said they would if threatened. So Putin sends this unassuming, quiet little team into Venezuela- except it packs enough punch to level an entire US fleet and contingent of ground troops. Just in case.

Russia is very heavily invested there. However, assuming that a regime change would spell the end for their investments and/or oil may be a fatal mistake. Regime change, if it occurs, would not necessarily do that. And the Russians had better consider this carefully, especially seeing as Trump has been one of the more recently friendly Presidents to them. (But NOT friendly enough for Russian collusion in our elections, mind you- so says the report.)
edit on Sun Mar 24th 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Or maybe the Russians have other plans that could cause serious issues in South America.

Somehow people have gotten REAL soft on Russia lately...I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I like the good ole days when it was the commies versus the USA. They kept the USA er I mean the CIA in check and balance. What? you don't think so? I would rather face the commies versus the DNC as we all know what they are about. Happy days are here again.

Take a look at their Hell March. Neat!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The Russians will have plenty of military assets there already , Venezuela has been the East's SA turf for at least several years . So add any quiet Chinese contributions , and what Turkey , which is heavily armed itself , will have donated to MAduro , and Cuban help,
essentially you're looking at a no go zone for Americans . Unless of course they want a proper war, and its less likely imo to be a proxy affair .
There's already Russian nuclear capable supersonic bombers on Venezuelan runway since last year as we know . What's already been installed there before that could be anything yet . The East will not want to lose Venezuela to the West .

Saw thread on the seismic data blackout ,not forgetting there have been more than one 'meteor strikes' in the region in the past few weeks
edit on 24-3-2019 by DoctorBluechip because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
????????/ whats wrong with it??
venuzuela is not an american state
its an free country that can make there own decisions eather you like it ore not
if the help is not coming from the west than let it be to the east
even the bible told us that the wise came from the east XD

never forgett that all misery started with the us geo -politics sanctions
edit on 24-3-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

its an free country

Your definition of free is askew.

even the bible told us that the wise came from the east XD

The bible is a fairytale book that told you Putin is a wise man from the East?

never forgett that all misery started with the us geo -politics sanctions

I don't think you're informed enough to speak on these issues. Let me know what great bastion of peace Russia has been, even among their own people.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can't help but think there is another reason for the Russians to be there. Maybe to recover something? Makes me think of the Russian "advisors" that were in Baghdad prior to the US invasion. The ones that went to Syria. Maybe Putin outsourced a strategic resource?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
nothing like celebrating imperialistic power...

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: gortex

He said approximately 100 soldiers – led by General Vasily Tonkoshkurov, who is head of the Mobilization Directorate of Russia's armed forces – was also seen, as well as 35 tons of equipment.

I expect more will follow , Russian forces at America's doorstep.

Perhaps trump and Putin will dance the Joropo....

Have you watched the news today?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join