It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think It's Possible,The Universe Is Only 6000 Years Old

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

What makes you think this?

To me, they do not appear to be formed from a "Native" process.

Round sedimentary rocks are pretty common. Here:

Clastic Sedimentary Rocks

Look forward to pics.

They are suspended in the red clay at haphazard angles. Some broken, some in tact, spread over 2 -3 foot depth. Its almost as if they were deposited, thrown, from the air as the same time the clay was. Its really odd.

If, they came from the Air (The Sky is falling), then what ever was on the surface at that time would have been completely buried, destroyed, by this material. And "New" surface life would have to restart some time afterwards. Hence, the lack of topsoil to bury this stuff.

This "Event" may be highly localized rather than being "Global".

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Please explain why you don't think they were formed from a native process.

A sedimentary rock with concentric rings is quite common, and can be formed like this:

Here's a picture of a wooden chess piece that can act as an analogy. Granted, this was shaped by humans rather than by erosion, but the outcome is similar. The layers of grain in the wood can be roughly analogous (in form) to the sedimentary strata in a rock. The rounded parts of the wood shows what those strata could look like on a rounded rock.

Notice the lines of wood grain (similar to rock strata in look and form) are parallel to each other on one side of that chess piece, but how they form concentric rings on the side 90 degrees around the circumference of the piece.

edit on 4/8/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: change the image

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Where are these located geographically? During the end of the last ice age, there were lots of isolated floods that broke up glaciers which had rocks on them and eventually those glacier chunks melted depositing those rocks into the water, so I can see the illusion caused thinking they came from the sky. Things move over time as well. Landslides happen, soil builds up over time over deposited rocks, water / rivers can move them as well.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Where are these located geographically? During the end of the last ice age, there were lots of isolated floods that broke up glaciers which had rocks on them and eventually those glacier chunks melted depositing those rocks into the water, so I can see the illusion caused thinking they came from the sky. Things move over time as well. Landslides happen, soil builds up over time over deposited rocks, water / rivers can move them as well.

Rule out the Ice Age melt. Easter Tennessee. No large rivers within miles. Location is on top of a Foothill covered by 4 - 6 inches of soil. Most of it is Forest Leaf Litter.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So lets say the universe was made 6000 years ago, but it came into existence as if it was 14 billion years old. Since before the universe time did not exist then popping in at 14 billion years one could still say it is 14 billion years old.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

A sea once covered much of the interior U.S. during the Mesozoic era (250 million to 70 million years ago). Tennessee was either under water, coastline, or marshland (eastern Tenn. was marshland).

I'm not saying that how the rocks were deposited there. I'm just trying to point out how things are always changing geologically; what's inland now may have once completely covered with water. Entire rivers can change; where the rivers are now might not be where they were 50,000 years ago. And places where there is no river today might have been a river in the past.

For example, the Mississippi River is believed not to have existed 10,000 years ago, at least not in the form that we know it. Your local area as well might have undergone changes in the past 10,000 years.

And 10,000 years is a blink of an eye, geologically. There might have been several different rivers come and go in your area over the past 100,000, million, or even 10s of millions of years -- although as I mentioned in the first paragraph, the middle of North America was completely covered by a sea 100 million years ago.

edit on 4/8/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So lets say the universe was made 6000 years ago, but it came into existence as if it was 14 billion years old. Since before the universe time did not exist then popping in at 14 billion years one could still say it is 14 billion years old.
Or, you mix stuff that is 14 million years old, with stuff that is only 6000 years old. If you didn't know which came first, you would never know the true age of it.

As witnessed on the surface of other heavenly bodies, contamination in the form of meteors and other materials has taken place. For all we know a majority of our planet can be a younger or older contaminant. Unlike other planets our surface can recycle those contaminants to the point where we believe it is naturally here, never knowing its true origins, or age. It floors me when Scientists claim a certain meteor came from Mars.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I think that we can rule out your sedimentary rocks and boulders coming from space.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think that we can rule out your sedimentary rocks and boulders coming from space.
What do you base that summation on? What makes you think that?

Last count there were billions of Planets in our Milky Way.

100 Billion Alien Planets Fill Our Milky Way Galaxy: Study

Planets are made of all manner of materials. What you are suggesting is not one of those planets, failed, and became space dust. Not to mention our own Kepler belt, and asteroid belt (Crushed Bracelet).

There are just too many possibilities out there, to shut the door on. On that point I would have to disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You forget that meteors made of sedimentary rock (which is fairly soft would not survive a trip through our atmosphere - they would burn up). Or, at very least, if they did make it in one piece they would be showing signs of extreme heating. Yours do not so, space rocks no. They are just rocks.

This is what meteorites look like:

Geology.com: Classification of Meteorites
edit on 9-4-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You forget that meteors made of sedimentary rock (which is fairly soft would not survive a trip through our atmosphere - they would burn up). Or, at very least, if they did make it in one piece they would be showing signs of extreme heating. Yours do not so, space rocks no. They are just rocks.

This is what meteorites look like:

Geology.com: Classification of Meteorites

No, not forgotten, and a good point.

Depending on the speed of entry and the density of the atmosphere, and amount of materials, would determine the amount of heat, and burn. The leading edge of the materials would be burned to some degree. The forward most leading edge would undoubtedly vaporize while the vast amount of materials would start to push the atmosphere away, allowing for much of the bulk to survive and land on the surface.

The problem in recovering the burned rocks that survived is, they would naturally be at the bottom of the material piles. Not all, but most.

At the bottom of the hill is a natural spring that runs year round. in its bed are some of, what I believe, are some of those burned rocks.

Again, patience. We just had a series of strong storms with a lot of rain making movement difficult for taking pictures. I already broke one rib playing on wet red clay grrrr.

As soon as things dry out...

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I think that the density of the atmosphere is pretty constant. Meteorites tend to be a bit more than a bit singed.

Can you point to the existence of even one meteorite composed of sedimentary rock?

look forward to photos of these "burned rocks" of yours. Rocks in stream beds do tend to be eroded by water and rounded- especially sedimentary rocks. Bit of a stretch to claim these were all sedimentary meteorites that just all happened to fall together along a stream bed.

Be careful out there.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So, aside from just looking at the rocks, do you have any evidence at all?? Just saying they look out of place doesn't cut it. Where is the scientific analysis on the rocks? As Soylent Green said above, the earth has changed tremendously over the years. Tennessee was under the ocean at one point. Check out plate tectonics. We have had many ice ages, many changes and movement.

Yeah, meteors and sedimentary rocks have obvious differences, and the rocks you posted show all the telltale signs of sedimentary rock, not meteors. Just look at the picture of how sedimentary rocks can be determined. You are really trying to force the square peg in the round hole here.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Check out plate tectonics.

I don't think that poster agrees with plate tectonics.........

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thinking about the question in the title of this thread, as the furthest star observable on Earth is I think over 13 Billion light years away and the light would have taken over 13 billion years to get here I guess the answer is "no".

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thinking about the question in the title of this thread, as the furthest star observable on Earth is I think over 13 Billion light years away and the light would have taken over 13 billion years to get here I guess the answer is "no".
I agree, no.

But our concept, our reality, may be. I'm certain our reality is not older than 10,000 years.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
I'm certain our reality is not older than 10,000 years.

How can you be CERTAIN of that when all evidence and data suggests otherwise? What exactly are you going on?

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpyGot down there and took some pictures. But would't ya know, ATS seems to have a bug when it comes to uploading them. Tried 3 times, and 3 times, no photos.

I have never in 10 years had a problem uploading. I guess they ran out of hard drive space.

PS Fixed. The quality of the photos was too high. I reduced them by 50%, and they uploaded. Nikon does take some awesome photos...

Will post photos in next post.

edit on PMTuesdayTuesday thAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago5146 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO
So what do you think is it possible the Universe, created by GOD, only 6000 years ago. That's stupid right, what bout all those dinosaur bones, and the carbon 14 dating of everything. Right. If you take those colleges, universities down in the bible belt they will, tell the dinosaurs, everything only 6000 years old, at least some say this.
I myself don't believe in some old guy with a long white beard that created the Universe, 6000 years ago or 14 billion . I do believe in a Creator though, The One. That's kind of a easy one. The One stood in the Nothing and said I AM.

Ok, though, what about the 6000 years, since the beginning of creation, I think it is entirely possible. You might say wow , how could this guy be so Stupid, this is almost as bad as the flat earthers, no offence. Well I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up, for a topic but anyhow.

What about this, they say it is beginning to look like, this the Universe is just a Hologram, a simulation. Well if this is true, then the Universe could really be only 6000 years old, because that is when the program was initiated, all information prior to 6000 years, would just be data loaded into the program, before it was turned on. It would be just like a game, only thing in a game you don't need all the history, and this is even more like real virtual reality, isn't it. It had to be made more like everything was more real, and serious, or no one would believe it, and would not worry about getting croaked like in that Tom Cruse Si-Fi, where he was in the future as a bug killer and he kept getting killed.

Well that's about all I have right this moment, I just remembered one other thing that makes it seem like, this is just a simulation, I don't know if any of yous have noticed this, but how things repeat. It's almost like there is not enough memory, so things repeat, ever notice when something that has never happened will start to come in clusters. I have noticed this a lot myself, it cracks me up. Reminds me of Rick and Morty, when the aliens , get Rick, and he over loads the computer memory. It's strange though, the repeating thing.

Another is that, "the greatest secret thing" that has some strange correlation, attached to it also, like if you know how, to want something bad enough, it just happens, I know this is kind of different subject, but t is still in line with, this being a simulation, and we can control the ride.
edit on 24-3-2019 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• Totally ... in a simulation all prophets can be "right" by virtue of virtual powers

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
    link   
    a reply to: oldcarpy

Galaxy. Furthest galaxy.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join