It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife Hears Dead Sister From Alexa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I not saying this is what happened, but better safe than sorry.

www.wired.com...

A Hacker Turned an Amazon Echo Into a 'Wiretap'

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

After the passing of my son, Alexa started playing music by itself. Songs he liked. True story. I went in and looked at the app that will tell you what command was said and play the voice saying it. The command was "play music" and no voice was recorded.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
As with many electronic devices, it's very possible Alexa picked up a snippet of a cell phone call, ham radio, or a regular radio broadcast. My computer speaker have done that, and my old guitar amplifier used to pick up AM radio sometimes

Was about to say the same.
I've experienced devices picking up CB/Two-way radio transmissions.

Sometime during 1987 my brother and I were playing records backwards because 'hidden messages'.
We had to manually turn the records back by hand, when a crisp clear voice came through on the stereos speakers.

My brother and I freaked out. With some experimenting we got the voices back. Seems that when we stopped the record from moving the record player would start picking up local radio traffic and output it for some reason.

So yeah, if this even occurred I am going to put my money on cross traffic or some other scientific reasons behind the voice, mostly because I cannot access this Alexa device and run my own tests on it and I don't know the OP's wife and her physical, emotional and mental state at the time.
There's literally a million possibilities for where this voice came from and the 'other side' is the least likely. To me any way.

Then again, OP mentions ghost adventures and a shadow figure. And well on that show they always put voice of someone deceased with a shadowy figure as being a sign of something demonic.
But maybe OP might not want to mention that to the wife lol.

Even though spirit boxes I think are just picking up on general radio traffic or are pareidolia of the ears.
9 times out of 10 when I hear EVP's I hear something completely different than what the person recording hears, especially on Ghost Adventures.

Only one way to really find out if there is an after life and contact with the living is possible and I for one am not in a hurry to test that out.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yes. Many people have experienced this before. Because it is exceedingly common for electeonic devices to pick up signals from other transmissions, which is almost certainly what happened here. And your wife, who is obvioualy and understably upset about her sister and misses her, convinced herself that it sounded like her sister. The fact that she INSTANTLY decided it was her sister, and was so certain of it, in and of itself shows that she WANTED it to be her sister and persuaded herself that it was her sister. No consideration, no shred of doubt, no time to actually process what she heard and think calmly about it. Nothing like that. Wishful thinking.

I will say, however, that it's very strange you couldnt use your amazing godlike powers to find out what really took place. You know, the godlike powers that lead all of those "powerful organizations" to worship you? Lol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join