It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife Hears Dead Sister From Alexa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'll put this here...because...well, it's strange.

So my wife wanted me to post this.

THIS just happened...15 minutes ago.

I'm working down in my office...wife is cooking upstairs, while listening to music on Alexa.

She yells down the stairs for me to come up as she is "freaking out".
Natch...I run up the stairs.
She is truly freaking out.

She tells me she just heard her sister's voice come out of the Alexa while she is listening to instrumental music.
She said the voice said "Hello"...and it was DEFINITELY her sister's voice.
Her sister died over one year ago.

I told Alexa to repeat the song...listened to the whole thing...and no voice...all instrumental.

Anyone else ever experience something like this?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That would have freaked me out also.
Never experienced anything like that, almost sounds like a modern EVP.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish I would hear my deceased sister's voice on my Alexa! That is a cool story for sure.

I believe it. Lots of stories of the deceased speaking over radio frequencies and such.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Wow that would freak someone out for sure.
We have multiple Alexa’s and Google Home Hub’s here and have never experienced anything like that.
My wife plays music constantly through them and within the last 2 years, she lost her mother and her brother.
And her brother was a really big Alexa music listener as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm sure it's been recorded either on Alexa it's self or on a cloud somewhere .

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

i don't know anything about alexa or siri.
is there a way to ask the system to print all items played in the last day?
will it give you a list of MP3 files?

example: hey alexa, what is the play history for the last 24 hours?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That Alexa device is equipped to produce a electronic voice, the same as the various types of equipment used in paranormal research, such as a spirit box that channels through all available radio frequencies. It wouldn't surprise me if a spirit wasn't able to use the Alexa is a similar manner.

By chance, did your wife's sister have an Alexa unit?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wish Alexa would tell me the winning number for the next powerball drawing.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i don't know anything about alexa or siri.
is there a way to ask the system to print all items played in the last day?
will it give you a list of MP3 files?

example: hey alexa, what is the play history for the last 24 hours?

In the Alexa app, it will show history of what has been played or questions that you ask of it but I don’t think it will give a word for word accounting of what is says to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Even if she did the lottery officials would change them once they see you played the numbers ...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nah all I have is a haunted clock with a decorative pendulum that swings whenever someone in the family dies...so Dad if you're listening it's Ask Alexa...

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I worked for nearly 30 years on "C" trick, so I bought a white noise machine to help me sleep during the day. Over the years, I have heard my late father's voice call my name, several times, through the machine. Let me tell you, it was startling as hell, but in a strange way, very comforting. The funny thing is, I never "freaked" out. Probably because I'm a strong believer that there's a thin veil between the living and the dead. Your wife should take comfort, knowing that her sister reached out to ease her mind.
edit on 3/19/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My guess is that it was her own voice, recorded previously.

Why it played? who knows. These devices are horrifying.

the people running them don't see it that way- they've been listening to us for a decade on our other devices. they wouldn't question a random playback event.

That thing doesn't have a log file somewhere you can review?

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cheddarhead
That Alexa device is equipped to produce a electronic voice, the same as the various types of equipment used in paranormal research, such as a spirit box that channels through all available radio frequencies. It wouldn't surprise me if a spirit wasn't able to use the Alexa is a similar manner.

By chance, did your wife's sister have an Alexa unit?

Her sister didn't have an Alexa.
Wife said the voice was soft and non-mechanical (non-Alexa).
She is convinced it was her voice.

I came up within 30 seconds of her hearing it and calling me...and I have to admit there was an uncharacteristic chill in the air in the kitchen. Surprising as my wife was cooking at the time.

After I came up...she told me about the voice...so I kept asking if anyone was here and wanted to communicate.
No response.
Goosebumps, however, were plentiful.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
My guess is that it was her own voice, recorded previously.

That thing doesn't have a log file somewhere you can review?

I wouldn't know where to start with that...I'd probably screw the machine up.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Interesting ... and very common for something that is uncommon, actually.

As most of the evidence for the dead (or something posing as the dead, or an aspect of them, I guess) speaking through electronics is anecdotal and any recordings are routinely dismissed as obvious fakes (because dead is dead, brah), it is nice to hear it from someone I consider truthful... or from their wife, anyway.

It doesn't usually tell us much about life after death, but it's more comforting than the usual silence.

I've had more than my share of strange ghostly phenomena, but I only had one evp.. a little boy's voice on a recording made near a graveyard that didn't sound familiar.

Anyhoo ... cool, and sorry there was anyone to contact... tho they may feel sorry for us living here for all we know.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just remembered...after the voice and after I repeated the song to see if the voice was in the recording...she told me that while I was working late last night, she was watching TV in the other room, she was looking into the kitchen and saw a shadow person/figure glide across the kitchen.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you could, please tell your wife, that a total stranger, totally believes her

Anytime she’s sad, she now knows that her sister is around and is there for her

I can see Alexa being a spirit box

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If you could, please tell your wife, that a total stranger, totally believes her

Anytime she’s sad, she now knows that her sister is around and is there for her

I can see Alexa being a spirit box

I actually told her this.
I thought it would be a comforting thing for her to know her sister visits her and wants to talk with her.

Wife, however, does not like to think about ghosts. She makes me watch Ghost Adventures in the other room.

She said the "HELLO" she heard in her sister's voice sounded somewhat questioning...like "Hello?"
edit on 19-3-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I worked for nearly 30 years on "C" trick, so I bought a white noise machine to help me sleep during the day. Over the years, I have heard my late father's voice call my name, several times, through the machine. Let me tell you, it was startling as hell, but in a strange way, very comforting. The funny thing is, I never "freaked" out. Probably because I'm a strong believer that there's a thin veil between the living and the dead. Your wife should take comfort, knowing that her sister reached out to ease her mind.

I heard my FIL voice clear as day. I like to tell myself I was sleeping, but I don't really think I was.

You mentioned startling and comforting, and that is exactly, I mean exactly how I would describe what I experienced.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join