It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should priests found guilty of molesting young boys be castrated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Protestants do have sex with young girls quite often. If you only knew how many youth ministered have violated girls in their flocks. I knew in several churchs I went to of youth pastors who had sex with underage girls as young as 12. And it gets buried by the whole congregations. So yeah, youth pastors should be crucified. They even feel its perfectly ok, sicne the bible has girls as young as 8 getting married off to old perverts.

But as for the Catholic priests, I personally agree they should be castrated before they become priests. After all, they are vowing to become priests, which means they wish to shed all sexual desire and urge for sin. Thus, what do they need testicles for? Testes are there so men can have sex and kids. They can livde without them. Perhaps it should be some sort of binding ritual for the priests to shed off earthly desires and totally dedicate themselves to the church.

I support catsration of all rapists and molesters. But priests and ministers are in my eyes, an even more vile predator, because they occupy a position of the deepest, most sacred trust, and they violate that trust causing alot of grief and pain to people beyond the victims. Yhus, their crime is especially worse: its the equivilant of a doctor who, trusted with a patients life, poisons and infects that patient with some horrid diease or toxin.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think most people are forgetting the main idea here. What if the priest changes his mind later on? Doesn't want to be a priest anymore? It will be slightly troublesome for him having been castrated.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

There are hormonal drugs which supress the sex drives of sex offenders. These are often used to lessen the jail time for those offenders and are used much more often then you would like to believe. The question is how long do the offenders actually continue taking these medications for after they are released?

Allowed to be in charge of taking their own medication, they will not take it!!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I think most people are forgetting the main idea here. What if the priest changes his mind later on? Doesn't want to be a priest anymore? It will be slightly troublesome for him having been castrated.

What about the "calling" a priest is supposed to have? If they change their mind years down the road, did they truly have a calling? My point really is JUST LET THEM MARRY...but until we get a Pope with some balls (pardon that sort of joke there)...it will not happen. If it's not going to happen, then castration will probably make anyone wanting to join the priesthood take it seriously....and not think it's a carnival ride for their sick and twisted perversions.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Morally they should probably be castrated but I don't think that
would ever "legally" happen.
They should be prosecuted, defrocked or excommunicated from
the church and
treated like the common criminal perverts they are.
With their pictures and warnings about them being pedophiles
distributed to the public.
And also where their current address is, so parents can be aware
of whether a monster is living near their children or not.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

Then they should have thought about that before becoming a priest.

As for priests being allowed to marry, I disagree. It's part of the faith for a priest not to marry, and to abstain from sexual contact for life. It's part and parcel to the power they gain from being a priest. Consider the power the Catholic Church has, even to this day. One of the reasons we don't have Kerry as President is because the Pope ordered the priests to tell their congregation not to vote for them, and the congregation listened to the Priests and did what they said.

This is not intended as a bash towards our Catholic members, fair's fair, though I wish people could separate religion and politics. But in a twisted sort of way, I'm defending the Catholic faith. Catholic Priests should not marry. That's the tradition. It may as well be suggested that Muslim Clerics be allowed to drink, and Jewish Rabbis be allowed to light an open flame on the Sabbath, if one were to suggest they should just be allowed to.

These traditions have a deep basis that has significant meaning to those religions, and anyone who feels that these traditions should be forgotten or changed should not become a member of that faith's leadership, or alternately, should start a splinter-sect of that group.

There was an interesting point of view from a gay deacon in "Six Feet Under", where he was in a position to give his views about acceptance of the gay community. In the end, he decided not to because he realized that people choose that religion for the comfort of long-standing traditions. They draw comfort from the fact that things do not change, and their views are always very centered.

While we may disagree with those views, it is not our place to change them. To create an alternate avenue, perhaps, where men of the cloth can marry, the people may pray directly to God, and Mary, while revered, is not such a major player... but you know, that's already been done. It's called Protestant Christianity. And eventually, it even split into different sects.

So lets leave Catholicism's traditions as they are, but since a Priest should take his vows seriously, not go back on his oath, and should never engage in sexual contact, they should, upon frocking, be castrated. This serves all the above purposes to the greatest extent.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So lets leave Catholicism's traditions as they are, but since a Priest should take his vows seriously, not go back on his oath, and should never engage in sexual contact, they should, upon frocking, be castrated. This serves all the above purposes to the greatest extent.

I agree partially. I do think priests should be allowed to marry. But, if not, then yes, castrate them as part of the process of becoming a priest!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join