It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should priests found guilty of molesting young boys be castrated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Or for that matter, should all priests, as part of their doctrination into the priesthood, be castrated? Seems if you made that part of the program, you would save a lot of suffering for a lot of young boys. If they are never going to be allowed to be married, why not make them unics (sp?) and take away their sexual desires? Since we all know they are suppposed to have a calling and be able to fight off those urges, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for a large number fo them.

I think the ones guilty of molesting young boys, should be castrated. Then, either let the new ones marry (as in, the new Pope should set this in motion) or if you're not going to let them marry, then castrate them as part of the program. Problem solved!!

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Should ministers found guilty of molesting young girls be castrated?

There seems to be a lot of angst and screeching over pedophile priests. However, there is almost no attention given to a much LARGER problem -- ministers who sexually molest the female members of their congregation.

Pedophiles who molest members of the opposite sex are far more common (95% of the offenders) than those who molest the same sex. Check the crime stats for your city and you'll see just how many fine and upstanding men molest little girls versus the few who molest little boys.

So... I ask you and the others... are you upset because it's BOYS or because it's CATHOLICS or CATHOLICS AND BOYS? And why aren't you doing anything about the larger issue of PROTESTANTS AND GIRLS (or Protestants and boys, given that the number of Protestants is larger than Catholics for the United States?) Both religious officials are sanctioned by some group (local churches, their sects, whatever) and if you read enough minister abuse tales you'll realize just how much of the Protestant abuse is swept under the carpet.

So what's causing your indignation? And why aren't you howling for the heads of the other group?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Minister? Luthern? They allowed to have sex aren't they? SO is it molesting or is it two adults not married? I know around here there were 3 Luthern Ministers in trouble for having sex with these hot blonde 18-20 year old women, but it wasn't a crime, just the whole pre-marital sex thing.(18+ legal, and the women never said they were forced, just they got to have sex with a minister and it was so much fun and naughty)

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well...

I don't think they should be castrated, that's pretty extreme. What I do think is that people should make more noise about this and put it back into the public eye. With the church trying to keep it on the hush, it reallys makes you wonder about the Christian faith in general.

If the supposed high rank, pious members of your faith are molesting kids, I think something weird is going on.

Why couldn't they have molested little girls, though? Sure, it's still wrong, but at least they're females. I thought Christians were supposed to be fiercely anti-gay. With the top people being gay AND child molesters, there's something fishy going on. Something, well...pretty gay.

Bizarre, D-12 -"I got 2 little boys with me/(Catholic priests) sent 2 helicopters to come get me." (the part in here was originally Michael Jackson. I think this version's funnier :lol

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So what's causing your indignation? And why aren't you howling for the heads of the other group?

If any ministers are doing it to anyone, if Rabbis too, yes, then castrate them all.

I've always thought that any man that rapes another human being should be castrated. I apologize for only addressing my thread to Catholic Priests...guess I'm a bit touchy in that area.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, anyone who sexually assaults a child, IMHO, should be put to death as soon as proof is established. That's my stance, and will never change.

But on to the question specific to this thread: Priests.

Why not just castrate them from inception?
Priests take a vow of Chastity and Celebacy, right?
It's also supposed to be a lifelong commitment.
And, let's not forget the sin of Onan (self-stimulation).

If Priests adopted ritual castration from the moment they take their vows, there would most likely be far less violation of children, and perhaps a lot more thought given into such a serious pursuit.

I say castrate them all.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

If Priests adopted ritual castration from the moment they take their vows, there would most likely be far less violation of children, and perhaps a lot more thought given into such a serious pursuit.

My point exactly. Read my first post. We are on the very same page my friend!!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good post. I would simply take the good Pastor or Reverand or Bishop out back behind the barn and put a bullet behind his ear. That would stop such sick behavior of those who are put in trustworthy places. This is personel to me because a brother of mine was molested by "A Man Of The Cloth" It drove my brother to death and the man just up and left town with a minor slap on the wrist. If I knew then what I know now, he would be compost.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No offense but if they are molesters of children should be more than casterated dont you think ,,,,,that would not stop them from using hands mouths eyes and what ever else that feel useful.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Or for that matter, should all priests, as part of their doctrination into the priesthood, be castrated? Seems if you made that part of the program, you would save a lot of suffering for a lot of young boys. If they are never going to be allowed to be married, why not make them unics (sp?) and take away their sexual desires? Since we all know they are suppposed to have a calling and be able to fight off those urges, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for a large number fo them.

I think the ones guilty of molesting young boys, should be castrated. Then, either let the new ones marry (as in, the new Pope should set this in motion) or if you're not going to let them marry, then castrate them as part of the program. Problem solved!!

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Zabilgy]

Wouldn't it be better if priests were allowed to get married? let's stop the hypocrisy, shall we? priests are humans, and they should not be derived of the humans' most basic satisfactions.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Wouldn't it be better if priests were allowed to get married? let's stop the hypocrisy, shall we? priests are humans, and they should not be derived of the humans' most basic satisfactions.

OOOOHHHHH this is so wrong its not even funny , they should be allowed to marry to prevent this , what happened to the fact they chose not to get married when they chose to become priests its not the churchs fault it is the priests fault they chose not to get married when they chose to become priests, they knew what they where getting into.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
No. Castration is barbaric form of punishment. Yes their crime is sick, but we become brutes if we start to caserate people. And of course what if they were innocent?

If anything jail these sods and let them rot.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Only if we can fill up female teachers cooters with rubber cement....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
No. Castration is barbaric form of punishment. Yes their crime is sick, but we become brutes if we start to caserate people. And of course what if they were innocent?

If anything jail these sods and let them rot.

I agree as IMHO such suggestions are the consequence of breathing too hard downwind pig lagoons in the boonies. Apparently the toxic shock short circuits the hypothalamus and its relationship to neuro-peptides normally associated with having a conscience.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I just don't understand why you asks if "Priests" should be castrated????

What about everyone else, should they not be included in the fun festivities of a ball chopping ceremony?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
YES!!! that seems like a perfect solution to me

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I believe the idea of priests is funny... but besides my opinion..
lol, hahaha

I think their lives should be taken away.... that is to say, I believe they should be stripped of their pastoral rites and priviliges.. (sp?) and alike any other sexual offender be processed that way, until the problem is recognized, diagnosed and treated in a proper facility .. I think prison is just a stupid idea for a bunch of lazy thinkers.. who can't understand people who do something wrong. Most people say it's sick ... well they're right... it's a chemical imbalance mixed with perceptional and emotional problems.. and little red buttons called religeon... don't touch that red button!. .... (red face in this case lol )

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe that this would go under cruel and unusual punishment. Although this topic invokes extreme emotions in many people, including myself, it would still be contradictory to a myriad of laws.

There are hormonal drugs which supress the sex drives of sex offenders. These are often used to lessen the jail time for those offenders and are used much more often then you would like to believe. The question is how long do the offenders actually continue taking these medications for after they are released?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There is no greater hypocriscy than a priest molesting a child. There is no greater sin in my mind than a man supposedly devoted to God having sex or whatever it is they do to a child. A childs mind is a delicate thing there is no question. People that make fun or light of this topic should be beat tell they ask for forgiveness. A preist should be put in front of the nation, not to ask for forgiveness but to tell why he did what he did. If there is a ounce of an exuse in his answers he should be castrated then thrown in prison for life. x that, all child molestors should get life in prison, a priest should be thrown in prison too. people are messed. to molest a child, what sikkos. oh yeah how can anyone be on the side of the priests or make exuses for them. To fault the church for the actions of an individual. Fault the sick individual who actually isn't sick but just filling his sexual desires on alittle kid. thats my thoughts on this anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I say castrate them all.

I Like your Style

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join