It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Over Vegas - Only Visible with Night Vision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

The online renderings are speculation based on what was seen in the aftermath of the Bin Laden raid.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Boeing is flying the Raider around, with a similar rotor system as the Alligator. A buddy of mine saw it in Colorado and thought it was one too.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Boeing is flying the Raider around, with a similar rotor system as the Alligator. A buddy of mine saw it in Colorado and thought it was one too.

I thought the Raider was cancelled? Or did the DOD decide otherwise?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

No, the Raider is the tech demonstrator for the SB-1 Defiant, which is the Boeing/ Sikorsky entry in the upcoming Future Vertical Lift program. It was never a program of record in and of itself.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, the Raider is the tech demonstrator for the SB-1 Defiant, which is the Boeing/ Sikorsky entry in the upcoming Future Vertical Lift program. It was never a program of record in and of itself.

I feel like I May be confusing that craft with another. As far as my limited knowledge goes the Raider wasn’t a heavy liftcraft? Was I wrong in that assumption?

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The military program of record that uses the Raider name is the B-21. The name Raider used for the S-97 was a company hung name. That causes confusion, because people think that it's a DoD program, when in reality it was a demonstrator/ proof of concept aircraft. They're using it now to test for the Defiant, since they're so far behind the Bell V-280 that they're going to be competing against that it isn't even funny.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

my ears perked up when i heard it was a medic flight but i dont think the person im thinking of lives there or has NV issued, but one never knows i guess.

granted i've only heard the UFO side of the story i wonder how long it was seen, as we know oncoming aircraft can look very strange even more thru the blur of night vision.

i wonder if the only reason they could see it was because of IR anti collision lights, i doubt it was flying over the city so the lights there wouldnt really illuminate it, if it was military it would make sense to have on some form of anti collision lighting

not to many people running around with NV looking at the sky so it would be better than nothing i guess.
edit on 19-3-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join