It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Pirro removed from Fox News after anti-Semitic comments?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

dailymail

Fox News weekend host Jeanine Pirro's show didn't air a week after her comments questioning U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar over her wearing a Muslim head covering. No explanation was given.

Pirro's show, "Justice With Judge Jeanine," was replaced Saturday night by other programming. The Fox News schedule for the upcoming weekend doesn't include the show.

An email seeking comment was sent Sunday to Fox representatives.

President Donald Trump tweeted Sunday morning about Pirro's absence, saying she should be brought back.

Just taking a break?

Being told what to do bruised her ego too much?

Whatever comes out of it, it is good to see Fox stepping up and asking their public personae to clean up their act. Hatred and intolerance have no place on TV, they set a bad example for many others who are influenced easily and don't spend a lot of time thinking for themselves. It's dangerous.

Also, at a time when the nation is going against anti-Israel comments from US representatives in Congress, it is good that the concept is being applied equally. Hatred is hatred, bigotry is bigotry and anti-Semitism is anti-Semitism no matter which side it's coming from.

Let's hope this means Fox may be moving in a more positive direction and not just a fluke.

edit on Sun Mar 17 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I’m just wondering how her comments (she asked a question, actually) can be construed as hatred.

Wai, anti-Semitic? Is this satire? If so, brilliant.
edit on 17-3-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The people complaining about what Pirro said don't watch Fox News, and won't start watching if she leaves. From a marketing perspective it's a pretty tone-deaf response.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

I’m just wondering how her comments (she asked a question, actually) can be construed as hatred.

Thought police can twist any question into hatred.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ahh you're not religious?

Both Jews and Muslims are Semites. They come from the sons of Noah, of the Old Testament. One son's line went on to found Judaism and the other son's line founded Islam.

Both religions are Semitic religions, people of the middle-East are Semitic people and acts of intolerance against their religions are called anti-Semitism.

Glad to be of service.

+28 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So asking this question is considered hate speech?
Quote.

Fox News had "strongly condemned" Pirro's commentary on Omar, the first-term representative from Minnesota. Pirro had questioned whether Omar's wearing of a hijab was "indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which is in itself antithetical to the U.S. Constitution?"

Sounds like asking a hard question to me.
edit on 17-3-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I didn't see the show, so I can't intelligently comment as to context. Even the OP offered no specifics.

My question is how is a comment about Muslim headwear construed to be anti semetic in any context?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

Both Jews and Muslims are Semites. They come from the sons of Noah, of the Old Testament. One son's line went on to found Judaism and the other son's line founded Islam.

Both religions are Semitic religions, people of the middle-East are Semitic people and acts of intolerance against their religions are called anti-Semitism.

Glad to be of service.

Not doubting you in a technical sense, as I am not a religious scholar. My interest is from an historical perspective.

Why is Christianity not also considered semetic? They all arose from the same spring, so to speak.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Glad to be of service.

Be of service for what? Lmao

You should probably brush up on origins of religious doctrine........ Because... Yikes....yes Abraham was a son of Noah, but its not that cut and dry....
Islam came from Ishmael, and Judaism came from Isaac, both sons of Abraham.......

And no she wasn't being anti-semetic......

She questioned Omar's statements in light of Omars religious stance....

And fox caved like a b!tc, and this crap will continue to happen as long as conservatives and conservative media continue to cave to this idiocy......

MEANWHILE the left can say and do whatever they want, as proof by Omars and Thalibs repeated anti semetic statements, and others in black face and white hoods.......

Edit: ahh I see you edited your response after I corrected you, kinda cheap but ok......
edit on 3/17/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

dailymail

Being told what to do bruised her ego too much?

She has just found out that opening her north and south once too often may have consequences that she might not like..yuh can say what you like but..................
edit on 17-3-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i dont see how Ilhan is considered a Semite, is being a Muslim makes you automatically a Semite? or if someone from south America embraces the Jewish faith for example does that make him a Semite? I know I am because im an Arab, but she is from Somalia.

maybe im missing something here, someone enlighten me

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
i dont see how Ilhan is considered a Semite, is being a Muslim makes you automatically a Semite? or if someone from south America embraces the Jewish faith for example does that make him a Semite? I know I am because im an Arab, but she is from Somalia.

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all considered Semitic religions, they all spoke semitic languages in the areas they were founded

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all considered Semitic religions, they all spoke semitic languages in the areas they were founded

so are you saying that being a Christian or Jewish or Muslim makes you automatically a Semite no matter where you're originally from ?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

so are you saying that being a Christian or Jewish or Muslim makes you automatically a Semite no matter where you're originally from ?

Im telling you what the definition is and why they are all considered semitic religions..........no more no less my friend

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I can buy that, in theory, I guess, but not true in the reality of today. Remember reality?

If that were true, in the strictest sense, no one from any of the three religions could ever be accused of being an anti semite for criticizing another. Anti Islam, or anti Jewish, or anti Christian, yes. Apparently the meaning has evolved over time, and your definition is not accurate in the present day venacular.

Would you agree?
edit on 3172019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not religious, but I’m aware of what words mean.

She’s criticizing Islam, a multi-racial religion. Are Indonesians or Africans semites?

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hatred is hatred, bigotry is bigotry

Sigh...still waiting for CNN to fire that racist Don Lemon. You're probably OK with the fact he's still on the air, huh?

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them,"

thehill.com...

Why is it OK for Lemon to imply that all "white" men are terror threats? I'm still waiting for CNN to move "in a more positive direction." However, the LEFT get a free pass on such matters.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Im telling you what the definition is and why they are all considered semitic religions..........no more no less my friend

understood and much appreciated my friend
, but my question stands until someone at least clarify it for me

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The hypocrisy is all other MSM "networks" can call anybody else anything and it stands 😎

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What is this thread about ?

Snip talking Pirro or Making excuses for Omar?
edit on 17-3-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join