It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Pirro removed from Fox News after anti-Semitic comments?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
The people complaining about what Pirro said don't watch Fox News, and won't start watching if she leaves. From a marketing perspective it's a pretty tone-deaf response.

From a marketing perspective, if advertisers start leaving the network because of content that's a pretty big issue.

Advertisers don't leave the network, they stop buying commercial time during her show. The majority of advertisers on the pundit blocks have weathered worse 'scandals' than what Pirro said.

FNC news blocks are major commercial spots and advertisers won't give those up.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I’m sure there is validity to that, but my demographic understanding is that Judaism is relatively much more ethnically focused, both culturally and genetically. It’s classified as such regularly.

This is also why liberals are silly when they say criticizing Islam is racist.
a reply to: ketsuko

We don't tend to typically think of Islam as an ethnic religion because it's so easy to convert to.

Islam is an aggressively expansionist religion. As a religion, if your goal is world domination, you don't pic and choose your converts, you take them however you get them. Islam works in all ways: by breeding (sometimes forced), by conversion (an easy process), by not allowing converts to fall away once converted (apostasy is a death sentence in Shari'a countries), by forced conversion in some cases (especially historically though arguably not as much now).

Judaism is far more picky in how it gets if practitioners.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

What was wrong about her question about Sharia law?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You are being disingenuous. It is demonstrable that no currrent hate crime or political language accepts “antisemitism” as anything other than anti Jewish.

Everyone knows this. So why are you posting that and people upvoting falsities? Deny ignorance.

www.britannica.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

2009-2017.state.gov...

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They keep up voting it because it's literally the definition.....

It's not their fault you want to ignore actual facts that don't care about your opinion

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No, false. I literally just posted four sources showing what I’m saying. You can’t be serious. Care to address the souraces?

Every google search and accepted legal definition supports what I wrote. You may disagree with the exclusion of other Semitic groups from “anti Semitism,” but that’s the accepted definition.
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

edit on 17-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
But all of that supports my point. Just because a religion originated from a Semitic group (or other), does not mean it remains ethnically based if it is a universalist religion (read Islam, christianity, Buddhism, etc). Judaism isn’t really a universalist religion.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The people complaining about what Pirro said don't watch Fox News, and won't start watching if she leaves. From a marketing perspective it's a pretty tone-deaf response.

From a marketing perspective, if advertisers start leaving the network because of content that's a pretty big issue.

Advertisers don't leave the network, they stop buying commercial time during her show. The majority of advertisers on the pundit blocks have weathered worse 'scandals' than what Pirro said.

FNC news blocks are major commercial spots and advertisers won't give those up.

By not buying spots they are essentially leaving.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

But all of that supports my point. Just because a religion originated from a Semitic group (or other), does not mean it remains ethnically based if it is a universalist religion (read Islam, christianity, Buddhism, etc). Judaism isn’t really a universalist religion.

My point still stands. Omar was almost certainly born into Islam just like many Jews, and her tradition is one that holds that apostasy (leaving the religion) means a death sentence in many countries and often in those places, you can be a different religion and simply be treated under a separate set of laws called dhimmitude (think something like Jim Crow), but leaving the religion of Islam means a death sentence.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just listened to this show on FoxNews (radio) where several guests talk about the week's events in front of a live studio audience.

Not once did anyone mention Judge Pirro's removal from the network! I hear the FoxNews producer who cancelled Pirro's segment is an Anti-USA MUSLIM, like Rashida and Omar. Is that true?

OK.. I just found an answer to my question. There is a Anti-USA Muslim producer at FoxNews who accidentally "outed" herself 6 days ago.

She had Judge Pirro canned, and is likely responsible for keeping Trump-hating snowflake Sheppard Smith on payroll.

Source: thehill.com...
edit on 3/17/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think you are misunderstanding me. I’m not dismissing that. Yes the apostasy issue keeps many people in Islam. Remember that there were periods where Catholics did the same to a degree.

Islam is a universalist religion in that it preaches it is the universal law for all humanity. Yes they have second class but allowed status for non Muslims, mostly people of the book. But they do proselytize and encourage conversion.

Judaism is not a universalist religion in that it doesn’t even posit that non Jews need to follow its precepts to be just. Conversely, it does specify a specific tribe with exceptional but not really encouraged converts to be what the religion is made for, them being selected by god for that role. They haven’t really proselytized since the time of the Roman Empire.

That’s why not only is Judaism not a universalist religion, it’s also much more of an ethnic-religion. This is why hating all Jews can be a form of ethnic or racial bigotry, whereas hating other religions is generally ideological or cultural hatred, read Christian oppression or islamophobia.

What I’m not doing here is comparing which types of bigotry are worse.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

you are right judaism islam christianity are religions not races of people many people follow each one

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
you go girl telling the truth is always ugly!

2nd

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I always get a giggle from the cross eyed she male, it goes hard trying to appeal to a demographic that would not let it step foot on there property without a shotgun getting produced.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Both Jews and Muslims are Semites. They come from the sons of Noah, of the Old Testament. One son's line went on to found Judaism and the other son's line founded Islam.

Both religions are Semitic religions, people of the middle-East are Semitic people and acts of intolerance against their religions are called anti-Semitic.

The word "Semitic" is a reference to Shem (aka "Sem"), one of the sons of Noah, yes. Ham went south into Africa (the name "Ham" literally means "dark"), Japheth moved north to beget the Caucasian race, and Shem stayed in the Middle East to beget the Hebrews and Arabic peoples. That much is true. But the split between Christianity and Islam began with the sons of Abraham: Ishmael was the child of the concubine Hagar, a mating that was proposed by Sarah (Abraham's wife) to try to force God's plan for Abraham to have a male heir to come to fruition. Shortly after Hagar conceived, so did Sarah. Sarah's child was Israel, who went on to found the Jewish people. Hagar's child was Ishmael, who went on to found the Arabic people. Ishmael and Hagar were exiled because Sarah became jealous of Ishmael, but God blessed Ishmael by making him the beginning of a more massive tribe than Israel (Arabia); but Israel still beget God's Chosen People.

The word "Semitic" was coined to include all Semitic ("from Sem") language peoples, which includes both the Hebrew and Arabic peoples. However, the word was originally academic and not commonly used until post WWII after the devastation of the Holocaust. Since that time, it has, rightly or wrongly, been used to indicate the Jewish people. Trying to include the Arabic people in the common definition of "Semitic" is a classic example of "moving the goalposts."

Judge Pirro is a pundit. She opens her mouth and a stream of fire and vitriol issues forth, usually with some basis in common truth. She is not a journalist, and does not claim to be. I saw the comments and thought nothing about them; she was trying to show a connection of a political nature: she compared Omar's questions of political loyalty to some people's concerns about political loyalty from those who follow a religion that specifies adherence to Sharia Law.

There was nothing "racist" in her statements. I watched her. Her point was that Omar, by wearing a symbol that indicated her adherence to Sharia Law, was not in any position to question the loyalty of others who supported Israeli concerns. It was not an attack on Islam itself. Omar has every right to serve as a duly elected representative of her constituency... but by doing so, she is also fair game when hypocrisy or intolerance is exposed. If she cannot handle that, she needs to resign.

Israel is an ally of the United States. They have signed treaties with the United States. Many of the Arabic/Islamic countries in the Middle East are not allies of the United States and are not signatories to treaties with the United States. I support our allies as long as our allies support us, and that goes as much for Turkey (Islamic) as it does Israel (Jewish). I do not necessarily support non-allies, such as Iran, especially when their actions endanger us or our allies.

As a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, Omar needs to accept that fact that we will have allies that she does not agree with on a personal level, and we may or may not have as allies those countries she does agree with on a personal level. That is her job. Until this issue arose, I was undecided about Omar... her words may have been misspeaks and naivety; they were certainly not Hitler-esque. But now that her words may not be criticized without her critics losing their jobs, she needs to go IMO. Now. As in yesterday. She has no business sitting in the House of Representatives, much less on a prestigious committee. Her conduct in this is reminiscent of our ex-Governor Bob Bentley. We threw that Republican piece of scum out of office; can the Democrats throw their pieces of scum out now? Or is this just another excuse for a double standard?

I think we both know the answer to that.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Pirro is an ntelligent strong female who always said it how it is.

Just another example of who you cannot criticize....

You cannot criticize those in charge and because of naive liberals the enemy is now able to pull.the strings.

The liberals Democrats have been infiltrated and taken over by foreign enemies who are wolves in sheeps clothing.

And the reason why they are winning is from how naive and passive Americans have become.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   

"Think about it: Omar wears a hijab, which according to the Quran, 33:59, tells women to cover so they won't get molested," Pirro said on her show last week. "Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the United States Constitution?"

I see no nothing bad where what Pirro said.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That’s what I told both of these posters. They are claiming literally that google searches and common definitions of anti Semitism include other groups than Jews. I was told it was a fact. I posted four sources including the state department demonstrating that’s false. No response and people are still upvoting them.

Dishonest discussion.

a reply to: TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I just listened to this show on FoxNews (radio) where several guests talk about the week's events in front of a live studio audience.

Not once did anyone mention Judge Pirro's removal from the network! I hear the FoxNews producer who cancelled Pirro's segment is an Anti-USA MUSLIM, like Rashida and Omar. Is that true?

OK.. I just found an answer to my question. There is a Anti-USA Muslim producer at FoxNews who accidentally "outed" herself 6 days ago.

She had Judge Pirro canned, and is likely responsible for keeping Trump-hating snowflake Sheppard Smith on payroll.

FoxNews was influenced by/negotiated with a terrorist organization? Almost unbelievable, but here it is:

Source: bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

FoxNews was influenced by/negotiated with a terrorist organization? Almost unbelievable, but here it is:

Source: bigleaguepolitics.com...

Bet the Fox lawyers were extra "cairful" when "negotiating" 😎

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, didn't want to create a whole new thread for a similar topic, maybe someone else will...

but it looks like Fox News hired Donna Brazile to replace Jeanine Pirro. No, that's not a joke, looks like things are changing at Fox News.

Fox News

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join