It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory on DNA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
. . . Which happens to involve Evolution and Lifespan. Why there aren't more threads about diet and nutrition on ATS is lost on me. Possibly due to the fact there’s a social psychology scheme in place, and it's working very successfully. . .

The theory is that DNA is ever-changing. Even after birth.

Our body functions on the energy we provide for the brain, determining how we live and the actions we take. The quality of energy (food) you consume directly fuels/affects the brain. And the way one thinks. Which directly affects how you think. The domino effect of perception initiates once one changes the quality of energy they’re fueled by.

Our DNA structure naturally is constantly evolving with time. Given, it is in micro-increments. From short-lasted moments like standing next to a microwave or meditating on a mountain; to the mindset created and cultivated throughout a lifetime and passed on to our offspring. This is both nature and nurture. Imprinted by forces seen and unseen. Personally I chose to believe in a spirituality that extends far beyond modern physical science, and that science is merely pursuing spirituality yet millennia behind. Consider the diverse ways of life people chose to live. The diet choices, mentalities one lives with, activities they partake in, the self-education one seeks. All of which impacts the rate at which their bodies’ age, and the development had throughout and within their lifespan. I also believe this directly impacts our DNA; and that it is ever changing. The idea that our DNA and genetic differences are absolute at birth, and predetermines who we are or what we’re capable of, undermines the concept of Free Will itself.

The theory is that an individual is capable of changing their genetic structure through small unperceivable increments that are happening with every action one takes. Diet and activity alone is massive, but it may go deeper into mindset, willpower, and resolve.

Attempting to measure our DNA out of a 100 parts is completely ridiculous. It throws the scale right off from the get-go, and how delicate our genetic structure really is. Thus making the subtle differences in DNA obsolete in people’s subconscious mind. There's a "2%" difference to humans and apes. Seems like a small number, but how closely related would you consider yourself to a monkey? An unobservable difference in DNA makes the difference between white, black, asian or hispanic. And that's just skin color. The changes in genetics from person to person vary so greatly on a scale well below 1%. The way the scientific community evaluates DNA is completely skewed. A .01% difference in DNA could be the difference between Nikola Tesla and your local waiter. We are all very similarly created, yet it is the subtle choices we make in the ways we think and live that change everything.

I would say I’m relatively average; eat what I want when I want, drink a bit too much, and exercise occasionally. Yet more than likely I will live about as long as anyone else I know. Even though when it comes down to it our lifestyles and time spent is completely different when put under a microscope. Doesn’t seem fair, but what we all have in common is that we are not even close to approaching the lifestyle to a complete full body health. The way our teeth are designed; we’re more suited to be vegetarians with a minimal amount of meat consumption. After the last ice age humans survived eating everything they had to survive. Including an excess of grains and an over-reliance on meat. That didn’t die out, but instead civilization became centralized around access to energy/food. Did you know humans gain a similar ecstasy from acting on pleasurable decisions as we do on morbid ones? Eating is no different.

Paleolithic diets are on the right track, as are ketogenic diets. Quite rigorous by today’s standards, as the majority of ‘food’ sold shouldn’t be okay to consume, but it’s what we’re offered. In India the stomach is considered the second brain. Because our brain only functions the way it does depending on the fuel we provide it. Depending on a person’s microbiota; the amino acids and proteins humans activate within their digestive systems vary greatly. And the nutrient value absorbed-once again affecting the brain and body. I believe that within a lifetime this could completely alter their DNA and future ancestry.

And now to lifespan. . . the life expectancy of humans is roughly 70 to 80 years. In the middle ages it was 40 to 50 years. Long ago it was even shorter. So what has changed? Humans have developed better antibiotics and medicines, knowledge of nutrition, proportion, less strenuous environments, vaccines, and living circumstances that require less energy to survive therefore minimizing the life energy spent staying alive. Yet we’re still living far behind what science and theology has proven to be most sustainable.

Even today it is absolutely amazing that people who spend the majority of their 80 sum year’s alive eating foods detrimental to the body and brain, minimal exercise and maximum stress, quite unhealthy mental states surviving on a ridiculous amount of artificial remedies to maintain daily functions, believing their lifespan is more or less absolute. How much does this all wear down the body? Is the internal wear and tear not represented externally and vice versa? It seems to be a part of human nature to accept this as an inevitable repercussion of life. But if one were to live in line with nature, maintaining a proper mind body and spirit: is it possible to hinder the process of aging?

Humans are full of limitless potential. Our most defining trait aside from opposable thumbs; is our ability to adapt. Any environment, field of knowledge, situation, or skill set is within our ability of adaptation to circumstance. A human is capable or changing oneself for the necessary means to sustain genetic continuation. If DNA is a record of evolution, how can every aspect of it not be imprinted? How could it not be ever-changing?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorX11

I like the way you've summarized everything here. Many things affect our DNA. Every virus we've ever had becomes part of it, the environment changes it, stress changes it, chemicals and drugs can alter it. Cancer is because your DNA has gotten #ed and the parts that are responsible for telling your cells to stop growing has been damaged. Your DNA is altered and changed throughout your life. The key parts are still there(hopefully) but parts will have been added, removed or changed between the time you're born and the time you die. The #ty thing is, most of those changes end up being negative.

Diet does play a big part. DNA is made of stuff we get from food. Without that stuff, DNA doesn't get repaired properly and you get #ed.
edit on 16/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It is expressed here on ATS... just not in one thread.

Until now!

Neo-h has a thread up about the “junk” DNA being regions that activate regeneration. Good stuff!

Anyhoo, I pondered how “I” would get a message to DNA-level me to perform a request like “need new corneas”. And I now think that food is a good start! And the other part is knowing what herbs, plants, fungi, etc., assists in your recovery.

BBC has an article up “The Magic of Mushrooms” where they start to list all the benefits that can be derived from ‘shrooms (and not even the psychedelic kind!) The end of your own genetic defects is interesting! (Sorry, on mobile so the linking thing is a PITA).

But that would mean an attention to everything, including climate change. Seems that the people who want to control us are keeping us out of equilibrium for their own benefit!

Let’s wake up! Take control of the environment and by proxy, our diet. Then become truly human doing instead of just being!!!
edit on 16-3-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Stoopid autocorrectives

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Every time a woman has unprotected sex she takes on the DNA of that partner

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

You are going to freak out...

In space, the herpes virus (all versions) reactivate! And get shed through saliva and urine (gross).

It was put on phys.org to read (and freak out about if you are a germaphobe).

An enclosed space and viruses floating about... who needs sex?!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Very awesome thread. Preach on brother, preach on.

One thing to consider, the possibility that we aren't really living longer today compared to the past. The stats are averages of all life to death, including infants. Infant mortality was a lot more common in the past which skews the stats a lot lower.

I like how scientists state that as fact that bad behaviors and unwanted social tendencies are related to genes or to brain structure. I say that is complete bs. In my opinion our physical structures are more influenced by the spirit or soul. Instead, how we think causes physical changes within our bodies. Thus which wolf we choose to feed slowly changes who we are.

(for those of you who are looking for concrete evidence, just ignore everything I just said and we will just agree that I am full of bs...it will save a lot of time)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I like how scientists state that as fact that bad behaviors and unwanted social tendencies are related to genes or to brain structure.
That is a pretty obsolete outlook. And probably racist.

Thus which wolf we choose to feed slowly changes who we are.
Yes, our behavior is indeed influenced by our experiences. Our experiences are very often caused by our behavior. Some people live a life of crime and are never caught or suffer consequences. No reason to change.

edit on 3/16/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

ooooo, would you entertain the idea that how we think impacts and shapes our physical body structure as well?

obsolete?

Reduced White Matter Integrity in Antisocial Personality Disorder: A Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study

...Emerging neuroimaging research suggests that antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) may be linked to abnormal brain anatomy....

Psychopathy linked to specific structural abnormalities in the brain

Mayo current info:
Antisocial personality disorder

The exact cause of antisocial personality disorder isn't known, but:
Genes may make you vulnerable to developing antisocial personality disorder — and life situations may trigger its development
Changes in the way the brain functions may have resulted during brain development

Always a pleasure to cross your path sir. Be kind, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed... and have a great evening.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

That's actually the thread that inspired me to write this! --www.abovetopsecret.com...

Totally right on the herbs and plants. The difficulty is if the diet isn't clean enough a lot of the micro-nutrients gets flushed through with the rest of the junk. Foods are a great place to start. Sucks at first, but soon there is noticeable change and usually people don't even want to go back. Although higher brain function comes with strains and changes too.

There's info out there about how micro-nutrients can completely change the way the body operates. Of course its dense and well buried. When talking about clean water vs unclean water it's measured in ppm's; literally so small they have to be measured in parts per million. Even though these minuscule differences aren't displayed very accurately on the back of a gatorade bottle, the bodies chemical homeostasis is affected by them.
Mushrooms! Right on. They cause a sort of fermentation that increases gut bacteria and nutrient absorption, and loads of other benefits.

But that would mean an attention to everything, including climate change. Seems that the people who want to control us are keeping us out of equilibrium for their own benefit!

So Right. There's a reason that even though this info is out there it's difficult to dig through, and why our education hardly ever glances the subject.

Lets Wake Up!!

edit on 16-3-2019 by DoctorX11 because: Typo OCD

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Every time a woman has unprotected sex she takes on the DNA of that partner

Hm. This kind of correlates with the concept of partners becoming linked spiritually through intercourse, and carrying that on. Many take sex lightly. As much as I'd like to, everything seems to point to it being a deeper bond than projected by MSM.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

would you entertain the idea that how we think impacts and shapes our physical body structure as well?
obsolete?
How we act certainly can do so. If we act on our thinking... well, body building for example, or perhaps consuming drugs which can produce brain damage.

But this topic is DNA and I responded to this statement of yours:

I like how scientists state that as fact that bad behaviors and unwanted social tendencies are related to genes or to brain structure.
There is little doubt that brain abnormalities can lead to behavioral and cognitive abnormalities. As your links show.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You vegans,all the study's shown only way to change DNA is through a cosmic burst,and if not changed death occurs,just because you want something to be true,don't make a fool out of yourself like you did,was a time people used facts,not Twitter

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

all the study's shown only way to change DNA is through a cosmic burst

Incorrect.

Errors Are a Natural Part of DNA Replication

www.nature.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

our physical structures are more influenced by the spirit or soul. Instead, how we think causes physical changes within our bodies.

My thoughts on it as well. Completely. I mean isn't the whole basis of science vs spirit based around if life acts on instinct or personal interpretation then action?
As for concrete evidence. . . eh it'll be awhile. If this was actually documented there would be such disruption to common belief they wouldn't want to publish it.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'm unclear on your angle here, you seem to be playing devils advocate without a clear stance. You agree that experiences and behavior are linked to how we think, yet avoid confronting the role that choice and genetics play in the long-term character development.

Some people live a life of crime and are never caught or suffer consequences. No reason to change.

This example has no substance in the topic. It's not about a reason to change, it's about the power of choice to change. And how that affects an individual on layers deeper than the surface.

There is little doubt that brain abnormalities can lead to behavioral and cognitive abnormalities. As your links show.

It's also not about brain abnormalities. For instance it would instead be about how proper treatment of self, has the potential to remedy cognitive abnormalities.

You have good rebuts, but I'm failing to see a stance other than friction. Would be much more interested to know where You stand on the subject.

edit on 16-3-2019 by DoctorX11 because: Typo OCD

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm unclear on your angle here, you seem to be playing devils advocate without a clear stance. You agree that experiences and behavior are linked to how we think, yet avoid confronting the role that choice and genetics play in the long-term character development.
I have clearly stated that brain abnormalities can be a cause of aberrant behavior. What I took issue with is the notion that such traits can be attributed to certain genetic "lines". On that path lies such notions as racism and eugenics.

It's not about a reason to change, it's about the power of choice to change.
Why change, if anti-social behavior is beneficial to the individual? Many do not, until busted.

It's also not about brain abnormalities. For instance it would instead be about how proper treatment of self, has the potential to remedy cognitive abnormalities.
Unless the cause is organic. But yes, disabilities do have "work arounds."

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Your viewpoint doesn't necessarily absolve an influence by those abnormalities.

If abnormalities apply any change at all, it would make a statistical outcome for people with those abnormalities greater than people without it, regardless of the developmental, environmental, or nurturing changes.

Now, if you're arguing that those things matter more, they certainly do. I would expect it to be a minor increase, relative to the impact that development and environment play. Those definitely matter more so.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Alright old timer. Looks like you're past your prime time. As a courtesy to a fellow ATSer, and your dignity, I'll overlook the vegan comment. A freakin cosmic burst? Do you realize how that occurs or how often it affects humans? Especially when compared to the genetic mutations already in play either naturally or by human interference.?. . Moving on from your ignorant statement(s).

The post is theoretical in the first place.. and half of it was describing why modern studies and facts aren't applicable to processional science. A representation of your belief standards would be people who supported killing cats because of the superstition that they spread bad luck, and in turn the black plague. One day will be laughed at like Aristotle's geocentric universe. Its outdated and ludicrous in hindsight. General population of humanity has been deceived for millennia and ego's like that is what helps keep us thinking we already know it all. Get with the times or wallow in the fate of the old.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You know, that is a really interesting point that I missed in your OP. Not just about how our food intake impacts the physical body, but maybe how it also impacts the link between body and soul, the interface so to speak. I agree that once you start down the path of clearing out the poisons and chemicals from the franken food industry, it is hard to go back to the pain and discomfort.

I lean more towards just eating foods as close to the source as possible, cooking all of my food from scratch if not eating them raw. I do practice paleo/keto and have been for 5-6 years now. Stopped drinking anything but reverse osmosis water and coffee made from that water. I try to avoid sugars at all cost. The results have been tremendous. I think our body is a wonder and marvelous creation. If you treat it right and stop trying to poison it all of the time .... well you know what I mean.

Do you find that a lot of the different views out there all come back to whether or not a person believes in an everlasting soul? Those with more atheists beliefs appear to think the body is responsible for most behavior, as there is no soul at the helm. They also appear to believe more in destiny than free will. IMO, free will is a concept that is accepted more readily by those who believe in a soul. Then once you start down that path, the soul impacting physical development of the body fits well into the puzzle, it just makes sense. If you have the physical realm determining behavior and actions, it kind of negates free will.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You have a weird way of viewing the world Phage and I am struggling with your concepts here, my apologies. So are you stating that genes and brain structure don't impact behavior/thought, to even suggest so could be racists? But then you are completely cool with brain abnormalities causing deviant behavior?

You first stated that brain/gene structure impacting behavior is outdated and when I provided links showing current science fully embracing these concepts you replied: There is little doubt that brain abnormalities can lead to behavioral and cognitive abnormalities. As your links show. Is there some division that I am not understanding here? You state that desires can change the body, where do those desires come from? Are you going in circles by saying the body changes the body because all thought is of the body, and not the soul?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join