It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand To Ban Semi-Automatic Firearms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

“They have no place in a civil society,” Parker said.

The problem is, a civilized society can go from civilized to uncivilized in about 4 days.

You couldn't pay me money to be in a major metropolitan area if crap went south.

No police/fire/electricity for a few days and it would be total chaos.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It will be interesting to watch how this pans out over the coming weeks so we can get a preview of how this might look when they decide to implement a ban in the US.

Not really. They will go down without so much as a wimper. They are as sissyfied as the Aussies and the Brits. It will make muggings and burglaries as easy in NZ as they are in OZ. And like in the UK, self-defense will be criminalized. Need a new TV? Just walk in and take it.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The problem is, a civilized society can go from civilized to uncivilized in about 4 days

Actually, if you live in a major US city, it can go to uncivilized in about 4 seconds. Ever ride the subway in NYC? Try pulling up next to a car full of MS 13 gang bangers in LA!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Are they going to ban Australians ? In fact are they going to ban Muslims for any number of horrific acts of violence committed across the earth in the last 20 years?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Something doesn't seem right with all of this. The whole event.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

And like in the UK, self-defense will be criminalized. Need a new TV? Just walk in and take it.

Please point out where self-defence in UK law is criminalized?? Please point out where I can "just walk in" and take a TV 'cause i'd love a new TV?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

There has been numerous articles about people being tried and convicted for "hurting" burglars who invaded peoples homes and farms in the UK.

Do your own damned research. And the walk through stories out of OZ are legion. It is just the MSM doesnt report on them.

Try getting out of moms basement and finding out about whats really going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
this is the problem with democracies that have no real limits on the power of the state, they are too easily swayed by opinions and emotions, they are easily able to manipulate the people without anyone to stop them.

just another example of liberty dying in the west, of our people turning on their own ways and welcoming tyranny to take hold once again, this is why I'm glad to be American, because we've been prepared to resist fear through our constitution and not let shootings be used as an excuse to embolden the state. if Democratic rule dies all throughout the western world entirely i guarantee America will be the last one standing, even if the world stands against us one day.

just another step towards the eventual destruction of western liberty, sad that people don't see the manipulation going on here, i mean really one shooting and they are already on about changing gun laws? nobody finds that odd? how complacent westerners have become in this long peace, steadily walking down the path that will lead to another great war, without even realizing it.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Kurokage

There has been numerous articles about people being tried and convicted for "hurting" burglars who invaded peoples homes and farms in the UK

You stated this

And like in the UK, self-defense will be criminalized

What a load of rubbish, I live in the UK and people are only taken to court when excessive force is used. If you fear for your life then charges are not made. You need to back up your claims of self-defence being criminal.

Try getting out of moms basement and finding out about whats really going on.

Oh hahahaha, Just because you live in your mom's basement doesn't mean I do!!
I didn't realise you were a child and this was the playground.

edit on 16-3-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And I will not argue your point as it's true.

Problem, reaction, solution in full effect.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The UK voted for Brixet and the UK governement is not going along with it. Do you think if the armed citizen population was bigger then the army’s population, that this dictorial political action of ignoring the will of the people would be taken place.

If UK can go full dictator over Brixet, what else will they go full dictator over, and the unarmed Uk popular will have to take that one up the arse too

Pretty terrifying huh?

Rhetorical question/

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

WW2 lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Edit: The Barrett M82, standardized by the U.S. military as the M107, is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic anti-materiel sniper system developed by the American Barrett Firearms Manufacturing company. Despite its designation as an anti-materiel rifle, it is used by some armed forces as an anti-personnel system. The M107 variant is also called the Light Fifty for its .50 BMG (12.7×99mm NATO) chambering and significantly lighter weight compared to previous applications and the 15% heavier base M82 model [1] [2]. The weapon is found in two variants, the original M82A1 (and A3) and the bullpup M82A2. The M82A2 is no longer manufactured, though the XM500 can be seen as its successor.

Do you realise how expensive and rare those weapons are?

Some random wingnut can't just walk into a store and buy one. Especially in New Zealand.

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Will not happen in the USA.

Are you sure?

You know once Trump is out of office the first thing democrats will push for is gun control.
and it will only take just one more gun related mass-massacre in the U.S for a huge majority to vote for Democrat if they haven't already.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mission accomplished!

Always ask who benefits.
edit on 16-3-2019 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: shooterbrody

“They have no place in a civil society,” Parker said.

Well our revolutionary political philosophy says they do. Besides anyone want to talk about New Zeeland gun laws already in place there that didn't stop this?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My guess is that this opt didn't realize that people will actually run home, unlock their safe, and run back to a gun-fight.

That said; hind site from operatives (satire): They dam sure don't want said bystander running back with a semi-automatic rifle, as that would definitely stop said opt!

However, no fear here in the states as I believe a Missouri legislator wants to have all 15 to 35 year olds own a AR-15!

Pretty sure there will not be any opt's there as most crazed individuals get a quick dose of reality when bullets come back there way

But that is for another thread!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: StrangeQuark96

originally posted by: Lysergic
Will not happen in the USA.

Are you sure?

Absolutely positive!!

I'd bet my life on it!

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And even further...what was it which stopped the attack on the second mosque???

An armed (with a GUN) citizen defender!

**rests case**

edit on 3/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh the humanity!! They banned automatic weapons!!!its like the Orwellian prophecy coming true!

Next they'll take their children and pet!

Trump save us all!!(pending Muller findings)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join