It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand To Ban Semi-Automatic Firearms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, that was quick and decisive. It will be interesting to watch how this pans out over the coming weeks so we can get a preview of how this might look when they decide to implement a ban in the US.

I trust Trump defending 2nd amendment rights as much as I trust the RINOs and Democrats who have openly proposed gun control.

Time to watch and watch very closely.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

New Zealand to ban semi-automatic weapons

The crowd in attendance at a vigil at Auckland's Aotea Square cheered loudly when Attorney-General David Parker said the Government would ban semi-automatic rifles.

Parker's comments come after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's earlier remarks that New Zealand's gun laws would change.

Speaking to media in Wellington this morning, Ardern stressed that "now was the time for change."

Video here:

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/new-zealand-attorneygeneral-government-will-ban-semiautomatic-weapons/video/f01e6d299452ea2db8f58121e0bba554

New Zealand Attorney-General David Parker announced at March 16 vigil for the victims of the Christchurch mosque shootings that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern had said the government was going to ban semi-automatic weapons. Speaking to the crowd at Auckland’s Aotea Square, Parker described the March 15 attack as a “hateful act of violence” and an “atrocity,” and told the audience: “How we respond will both reflect and define who we are.” He was then met with applause as he told the crowd that Ardern had announced the ban on semi-automatic weapons. “They have no place in a civil society,” Parker said.

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah, because criminals always follow the law.

SMDH

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

In other news, to combat the rise in obesity, a call has been put out to ban forks.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Problem, reaction, solution.

These people are so predictable.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

From what I understand, SCOTUS has decided that the 2nd does not apply to weapons of war.

Proponents of gun infringement argue that a semi-automatic weapon is a weapon of war.

I've yet to see semi-automatic weapons used for war. If one were to bring handguns into that argument, that could be debatable however I'd like to see statistics on mass shootings using semi-automatic handguns.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Rare but in the UK, it only took one...

Dunblane

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Well, that was quick and decisive. It will be interesting to watch how this pans out over the coming weeks so we can get a preview of how this might look when they decide to implement a ban in the US.

I trust Trump defending 2nd amendment rights as much as I trust the RINOs and Democrats who have openly proposed gun control.

Time to watch and watch very closely.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

New Zealand to ban semi-automatic weapons

The crowd in attendance at a vigil at Auckland's Aotea Square cheered loudly when Attorney-General David Parker said the Government would ban semi-automatic rifles.

Parker's comments come after Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's earlier remarks that New Zealand's gun laws would change.

Speaking to media in Wellington this morning, Ardern stressed that "now was the time for change."

Video here:

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/new-zealand-attorneygeneral-government-will-ban-semiautomatic-weapons/video/f01e6d299452ea2db8f58121e0bba554

New Zealand Attorney-General David Parker announced at March 16 vigil for the victims of the Christchurch mosque shootings that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern had said the government was going to ban semi-automatic weapons. Speaking to the crowd at Auckland’s Aotea Square, Parker described the March 15 attack as a “hateful act of violence” and an “atrocity,” and told the audience: “How we respond will both reflect and define who we are.” He was then met with applause as he told the crowd that Ardern had announced the ban on semi-automatic weapons. “They have no place in a civil society,” Parker said.

Why would we change our constitution based on actions committed in a nation less populous than many of our large cities?
Let alone the actions of someone not even from new zealand ?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The UK doesn't have the US constitution.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Proponents of gun infringement argue that a semi-automatic weapon is a weapon of war.

Thats because they know people are sheep.........its a misnomer......

The plain fact is , a weapon is whatever you use it for regardless if its a freaking cannon, or a stick with a sharp end....

But anti 2nd people at the top count on their followers to be too dumb to make the connections.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Or refuse to comply. En mass.

edit on 16-3-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Will not happen in the USA.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Don't you fling your common sense in my general direction sir! Tis grounds for a duel!

You bring your cannon, I'll bring a sharp stick.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I know but my point was that one lunatic managed to disarm an entire union of nations.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am shocked didn’t see that coming 😲😯😮

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Don't you fling your common sense in my general direction sir! Tis grounds for a duel!

LoL.......ye old style grape shot lol

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I would argue that a group of politicians managed to disarm an entire union of nations....

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: JinMI

LoL.......ye old style grape shot lol

Necessity breeds innovation.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Then someone will use a single shot rifle with a 9 shot mag,with a homemade bumpstock,and then they will ban guns with mags all together....won't they?
Reminds me of pink Floyd's" mother"

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
They rolled over quite quickly just like Australia in 1997. With the Chinese having infiltrated the Australian government, intligence apparatus, and commerce it won't be long before NZ and Oz are marching on beijing's orders together. I think it is time to strike the islands and show then the USA will not abandon it's allies to authoritarians so easily.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The guy didn't kill because he had guns, he killed because he was full of hate and was insane. The people that do these kinds of heinous acts wont turn in their weapons when they are banned they will hide them and their anger and hatred will grow.

but the rest of us law-abiding citizens turn over their weapons, and then only the insane and outlaws will have guns, and sooner or later they will feast on the unarmed and unprotected population.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join