It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pushes for next generation of nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

MERCURY, Nev. � If the Bush administration succeeds in its determined but little-noticed push to develop a new generation of nuclear weapons, this sun-baked desert flatland 65 miles northwest of Las Vegas could once again reverberate with the ground-shaking thumps of nuclear explosions that used to be common here.

Full Story: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
you have to admit, it would be awesome to see one.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So where do i get cheap plane tickets to nevada?

Oh well, it will make a good news story.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   

if i didnt know it before, i know it now

BUSH IS A PSYCHO

Nex Gen nukes? aren't the ones the world already have powerful enough?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

if i didnt know it before, i know it now

BUSH IS A PSYCHO

Nex Gen nukes? aren't the ones the world already have powerful enough?

sure,
they're developing battlefield nukes. (micro nukes)

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
What did I say about republicans? Love to kill and murder.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

If we did, doncha think there would be alot less dems?
anyway, it would be amazing to see one of those light off...

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the republican horde to come in and tear colonel a new asshole.

Wait...Wasn't Truman a democrat?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yes, Truman was a democrat. He's also been called the 'father of the modern day Republican party' - I also think Harry was a damn good president. But I feel dems of that day are way different than now.

Moving on...

This is a good move - and if you think otherwise just look at all the lies spread about the arms build up in the cold war days by Reagan. "Reagan is a mad man" all the liberals declared! Typical liberal lies.

Turned out Ron was right - and 'we' won the cold war.

Colonel, it was the Bush I, a republican, who imposed a nuke moratorium in 1992 - if you care to actually read the article.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
they already have battle field nukes. the ones they are working one are probally gonna require less urainium for the same effect. more bang for the buck. i have no problem with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

ummmm no...they are better than democrates. democrates seek the vote over country. not to mention communism doesnt work.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Most of our warheads were designed back in the 60's and 70's. The technology in a Commodore 64 is probably superior. They are bulky, unreliable (because we can no longer test them) and approaching obsolescence.

I'm sure we have designed and built newer, safer, and more lethal weapons, but will they work? Would you like to go into battle we a gun you built from scratch, yet had never fired, not even once?

Nuclear weapon are a necessary evil in order that we can retain our deocracy and way of life. It is perfectly normal and only natural to bring your gun out of the closet evey once in a while, oil it up, and fire a few rounds to make sure it still works OK.

[Edited on 17-7-2003 by Pyros]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The ability to hit any where in the world in 2 hours +/- is apart of this very same concept.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Krazyivan how do you know cvommunism doesn't work?

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
KrazyIvan �� �������� ��-������?

Vui govorete po-russki?

��������� ����� Antichrist

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Better the nukes, faster the global annihilation will be. Everyone is going to die one day, why not everyone dies in the same day - That must be Bush's policy.

I say we must develop more defenses than offenses. I have no problem in detonating bombs over deserts as long as it not affective to anyone life.

Will any of you guys vote for Bush next election?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i live 5 miles from Offutt AFB home of Strategic Command and their having a confrence there on the new nuclear weapons you all are talking about. i gotta put up with protesters if i want to go to base and work out or go to work at the commisary.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Better the nukes, faster the global annihilation will be. Everyone is going to die one day, why not everyone dies in the same day - That must be Bush's policy.

I say we must develop more defenses than offenses. I have no problem in detonating bombs over deserts as long as it not affective to anyone life.

Will any of you guys vote for Bush next election?

no i wont vote for bush next time even though i am a republican. but you think that a massive nuclear excahnge is gonna happen before hes outta office? yikes! someone's been reading to many end of the world books

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antichrist
Krazyivan how do you know cvommunism doesn't work?

i saw the berlin wall come down. the only way communism works is that the mother nation of it i.e. the soviet union, uses brute military power to keep satilite nations in check. thats the only way.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
you have to admit, it would be awesome to see one.

==========================================
#1 you do not see them anymore they are way underground, I know I worked there in the 80's
#2 they are starteling to feel, just like an earthquake in downtown Las Vegas
#3 Lawrence Livermore Labratories is accepting solicitations from nuclear physicists to design the new nuclear bunker busters that will have a shaped charge to push all radiation below the surface to destroy undergroud facilities
#4 we are trying to catch up with the Russians who allready have a advanced program
#5 weapons and facility are to be up and running in 20 to 24 months, cost so far 400 million $
I could go on, but I won't

tut tut

Fury??????????????????????????????????????????????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join