It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the hell is the deal with taxes. . . .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: DBCowboy

Someone more intelligent than me I forget now said this, but still:

Only two things in life are certain. Death and taxes.

Later on he would figure out politics would keep the feeble minded entertained clicking away

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In 1913, the top tax bracket was 7 percent on all income over $500,000 ($11 million in today’s dollars1); and the lowest tax bracket was 1 percent.

Its interesting how close the word taxes is to takes. The K is not too far from being an X.

That 1913 quote came from here.
History Of Federal Income Tax Rates

Nothing pisses me off more than land taxes today. Anyone want to tag along, scale the Castle wall and overtake the throne?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The truth is the reason the government hated the mafia was the mafia was in direct competition with the government. Organized crime is exactly the right term.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Later on he would figure out politics would keep the feeble minded entertained clicking away

Also, stating that taxes will never go away is a bit like saying death is inevitable. It's not enough to just say it. You have to accept it and be mindful of it at all times and do whatever you can to stave off the inevitable for as long as you can. Everything that is inevitable will obviously eventually transpire. That doesn't mean it's desirable. That doesn't mean you have to die tomorrow. If you don't have a terminal illness (other than life) you will obviously want to not die for as long as you can not die. Likewise, you don't want to pay more taxes if you don't have to.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So you agreeing to work for someone at x wage is them robbing you? LMK when the government asks me to agree to paying taxes. Sometimes marxists surprise me with their lack of thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Yah cause we have to pay for the pensions .... teachers unions and all that Jazz.... just sayin

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I hear ya. We have a new Governor in Michigan (Whitmer) 'and during one of the debates her opponent claimed she would raise the gas tax by 20 cents to get the roads fixed. She adamantly denied this, jumping up and down getting her panties in a twist. Fast forward, post election, she won and she is now proposing a 45 cent increase in the gas tax! No lie and you can't make this stuff up. This insane twit of a Governor actually proposed this increase with a straight face.

Michigan voters swallowed her b.s. hook, line and sinker. It never fails to amaze me how these left wing idiots get elected..

I am sure with the back and forth we will settle on around 20 cents and the roads still wont get fixed. The money will be re-directed to some LGBT "program" or a Planned Parenthood initiative to sell more aborted baby parts, or the current left wing favorite, a foreign re-settlement of some population that hates America.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's supposed to fund infrastructure, health care, education, security and such and such.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Make that 3 and include oppression.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join