It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the hell is the deal with taxes. . . .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Your money is the most tangible marker of your freedom and liberty.

Take that control it, and they are taking control of the fruits of your labor and basically saying they own you.

It doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay:

Purchasing power of the consumer dollar

It's too bad the American people are so math illiterate or they would not talk about taxes without also talking about the pricing fixing of wages, products, and services.

I think we can all agree we have a one-party communist system in this country. The problem is it's NOT the kind of communism that is in the worker's favor. The billionaires pay the lobbyists to get the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. What we have in this country is corporate communism. We have pricing fixing of wages, products, and services BUT NOT in the worker's favor!!!

The economic data is clearly NOT in the favor of the worker. Every worker is broke and in debt and one or two missing paychecks away from being homeless.

I hear a lot of criticisms of Democrats on the ATS. But the Republicans here are putting party before country. What difference does it make what kind of communism we have? I think Republicans are just as bad Democrats. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being delusional.

And Democrats are not really Democrats. Hillary Clinton is a Nixon Republican. She admitted in her book she worked on Barry Goldwater's presidential campaign. Barry Goldwater was a Republican!!!

We have no choice in this country. We have no democracy. Here are the words from an FDR 1936 post Great Depression speech:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

FDR's words are MORE true today than in 1936!!! Necessitous men are not free men. Nothing will change in this country until Republicans stop putting party before country.

edit on 8-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You should be able to own your home and never have it taxed...

Yup, you never actually own your home. You essentially lease it from the county government.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I take from you, it's theft.

If the gov't takes from you, it's taxes.

According to Marx, what the CEOs take is theft called "profits":

According to him, if you just let the government run every aspect of your life then they will sort out everything, people will have a share in everything and then the omnipotent government that you let be put into place will wither on the vine and disappear, leaving the citizens in a utopia where they are just a part of the societal organism.

Do you still believe in Santa Claus too?

ETA.. if you are still going to keep posting the same sad youtube video because "feelings" at least read Karl Marx's Capital.

Capital by Karl Marx

Then get back to us on how it works in today's world.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Politicians on both sides see the money you earn as theirs and they dislike that you have any. If you are completely cleaned out then you will have no choice but to do whatever they decide you should do if you want to survive.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Obviously you did not watch the video because you have no idea what your are talking about.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Marx was an ass. Why would you use an ass as an example for balanced thought?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Slavery was never made illegal. The owners just went from private to public. Taxation is theft. If you argue against that, then I have to ask this. At what point do you consider your hard earned labor theft?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What's the deal with taxes? In a nutshell, your tax money = payday for government employees and everyone the politicians have in their constituency. People don't vote just to say they did. Money makes the world go round. When something that doesn't seem to make any sense happens, I always start looking for who profits and how and then it starts to make a lot more sense. Wikipedia isn't perfect but it's a pretty revealing instrument in many cases.

The simple truth is this. Government is a parasite. It has no choice. It exists to secure and preserve it's own sustenance. It coerces the rest of humanity into cooperation by the simple fact that the world would be chaos without it.

I liken the government to a physician. Ostensibly, the doctor is a humanitarian. But you will pretty much never deal with a physician without paying him/her. Their interests are purely financial and they really couldn't care less about you. The bottom line. Occasionally, they get emotionally invested in their patients. Some of them might do routinely. They avoid that. The smart ones avoid that at all costs because there's really nothing in it for them.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Marx was an ass. Why would you use an ass as an example for balanced thought?

If you can't see the value is Marx's criticisms of laissez faire capitalism as being valid then you are brain washed and have no critical thinking skills.

Besides, we do have communism in this country. We have a one party system of centralized government. It's just not the kind that is in the worker's favor. The billionaires pay the lobbyists to get the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. We have pricing fixing of wages, products, and services BUT NOT in the worker's favor. What we have in this country is Corporate Communism.

Marx said corporate "profit" is theft. Taxes may be theft. But it doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. WHAT DOES MATTER is the purchasing power of your take home power. You know I'm right because the workers never win and they are always screwed by the people in power. The economic data clearly supports what I am saying:

Purchasing Power of the Consumer Dollar

The bottom line is money talks everything you post is BS.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
What's the deal with taxes? In a nutshell, your tax money = payday for government employees and everyone the politicians have in their constituency.

Taxes are NEVER going away. Having taxes collected is important. With tax money the commonwealth is built. Without the commonwealth the dollar becomes worthless.

Getting corruption out of government is another problem. Local government is essentially organized crime in this country because it is so corrupt with nepotism, cronyism, boondoggles, and favoritism.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

"Taxes may be theft. But it doesn't matter what you pay in taxes"

really?

How can you possibly say that? So your opinion is, the fruit of my 50+ years of labor, should be sqaundered by my 8 year old, without ever earning a dimes worth of effort?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Slavery was never made illegal. The owners just went from private to public. Taxation is theft. If you argue against that, then I have to ask this. At what point do you consider your hard earned labor theft?

Taxation is just one part of the equation. What you pay for products and services is also part of the equation. Also, corporations collaborating by price fixing wages is a huge problem.

Nobody likes slavery. But taxation is part of a bigger equation. FDR's words from a speech after the Great Depression ring MORE true today than they did in 1936 when he spoke them:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

You can't talk about taxation without talking about the full equation. Otherwise, you are just demonstrating you are math illiterate.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

"Taxes may be theft. But it doesn't matter what you pay in taxes"

really?

How can you possibly say that? So your opinion is, the fruit of my 50+ years of labor, should be sqaundered by my 8 year old, without ever earning a dimes worth of effort?

I understand most people are math illiterate. Please understand it doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What does matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay.

I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to your 8 year old. Taxes are not going away.

If say Congress passes a law tomorrow getting rid of all federal payroll taxes. It would not make a bit of difference. The corporations would use their data analytics to price fix wages and the pricing of products and services to absorb any slack in the system.

Here's my opinion. Nothing will change. The billionaires will not pay any taxes. Government will stay corrupt. George Carlin pegged it perfectly:

I've been paying taxes for 50 years. If you think taxes are ever going away or it will make a difference cutting taxes then you are either delusional or math illiterate.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini

Corporations ARE the government. Billionaires ARE the government.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm pro giant meteor.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I'm pro giant meteor.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
not worth arguing with the ignorant.
edit on 8-3-2019 by BlueJacket because: bah

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

so, just so you know, I run the sales for the entire USA for a healthcare company, AND I am a practitioner with years of clinical experience, you arrogant fool.

get off your soapbox

oh..and quoting Carlin, doesnt mean you understand him.
I loved him too. As smart as you consider yourself, Im surprised you dont understand how context is lost in printed word.

You dont get that either do you?

Oh really. Which part of what I was saying do you not agree with?

You can quit the ad hominem attacks because they say more about you than me. And I'm not interested in a pissing contest over your work experience.

I have years of experience paying for my own healthcare premiums. What I pay per month in healthcare costs more than my mortgage per month. My premium has been rising on average 20% per year since 1995 when I became a contractor. My salary has not gone up 20% per year!!! About every 5 years the premium doubles. Before and after ACA (Obamacare) it made no difference. Healthcare just keeps rising. I keep changing to higher and higher deductibles. I hope you've lived a rich life with your job. I hope you can retire in luxury. Because I sure can't.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

go to bed

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Obviously you did not watch the video because you have no idea what your are talking about.

Obviously I read the book... the video you have posted 435834573498573948 times so I watched it once and it's bullsnip.

They cherry-picked a few quotes from 3 of his books and strung them together for stupid people.

You are capable of reading my post.

So before you go any further I suggest you read Capital.

Then before you post silly things you can at least have an informed opinion of what you are trying to sell.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Taxes are NEVER going away.

That's not entirely true. Eventually, humans will go away and taxes will go away with us. Taxes are only as natural as humans and humans are freaks of nature. Taxes don't exist in nature without us.

Having taxes collected is important.

That depends on your definition of the word "important". Take a picture of the night sky and imagine the night sky without taxes. That's how important they are in the grand scheme of things.

With tax money the commonwealth is built. Without the commonwealth the dollar becomes worthless.

See above. Government may not ever go away but it's helpful for people to understand the fact that it is a symbiotic relationship that we have with government. The government is essentially a giant leech upon the backside of humanity. Whether it needs to exist or not is irrelevant to the basic fact of what it is and what it does and why it is and does that. You need to understand that the government doesn't give a rat's ass about you unless it can find a way to manipulate your existence to it's advantage. You're nothing more than food to it.

This is important to understand because the government's activities are not always going to be (usually won't be) in your best interest. They will simply manipulate you into believing that they are.

Now of course, OTOH, your existence and survival is in your best interest and the government does make that happen. The farmer also feeds his livestock and fattens them up. He's not doing it because he loves them. He's doing it so he can exploit them. This is the true nature of our existence within this scheme. Your tax money is your milk (if you think of yourself as a milking cow, for example). Whatever you think of that, it is what it is and the government does not care if you like it or not.

There are A LOT!!!!!! of people who would very much not like for people to see things this way because it is (at the end of the day) an unpalatable flavor for the food you will be chewing and swallowing for the rest of your life. So you don't hear this from people who want to raise your taxes.

edit on 8-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join