It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you like your avocado toast?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes they call it "ham" because it tastes like ham and comes in slices like ham but yeah it's made with all veggies. I like the taste of it and I can eat a lot more of it without worrying about the calories, salt and fat so that's good. Most of the veggie products mimic the real thing. I mean what else would they call it? lol

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Most of the veggie products mimic the real thing. I mean what else would they call it? lol

Multi sourced separated plant protein?

Doesn't have a good ring to it, haha.

Ironically descriptors like that would wig some people out, not realizing that there are far grosser practices in the food world.

I myself don't discriminate, there are few things I won't eat, but it is funny to see what people are squirmish about while brushing off things that hypothetically would be worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I usually make guacamole from my avocados and use it on a bunch of things. I like lemon or lime juice, a small splash of Apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, paprika, if i've got any kind of hot sauce kicking around i'll add that.

On another note, I knew a guy who would eat avocados by poking a hole in them then sucking it out through the hole. Actually, that dude just ate any and all food in the weirdest ways i've seen.
edit on 6/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

OMG that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. And I am strangely tempted to try it haha!
I love guacamole too!

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love avocado but have never thought of making toast with it.
That's something I have to try soon and thanks for the idea.

What kind of bread do you use?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I don't.

I'm not sure why people like this so much. It tastes like greasy flavorless mush.

edit on 6-3-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vigilantastrum

Oh awesome! You'll love it! Just make sure to use a little salt and pepper

I use any kind of bread that's thick and meaty - I like Daves Killer Bread - White Done Right. Some people grill the bread but I just like it toasted.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I don't.

I'm not sure why people like this so much. It tastes like greasy flavorless mush.

Finally got someone else who can taste the true flavor of Avacado. Your description is pretty accurate.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe all the greasy mush you guys ate previously has tainted your palate, now thats all you can taste.
Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum

Maybe all the greasy mush you guys ate previously has tainted your palate, now thats all you can taste.
Just a thought...

Some things aren't meant to be commercially grown, and I think that gives people a bad impression.

When I was younger, I couldn't stand tomatoes, I thought why would anyone want this flavorless water slice on a sandwich?

Then I was out in a friends garden and he handed me a cherry tomato, I told him no thanks and he persisted, I don't like to be rude if someone offers me something, and as an adult I can eat something I don't like and move on no big deal.... It was delicious, so much flavor.

My mind is changed, but I still don't like the commercial tomatoes.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No thanks. I agree with some others here. I'd like mine in the trash.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm a fan of mayo.

Slice the 'cado,
remove seed,
spoon the flesh into a bowl,
add a dollop of mayo,
three shakes of salt,
mash all together with fork,

Spread on sour dough toast. Yumm!
Tomato and/or lettuce are options.

That's also my idea of guacamole dip.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum

Just a thought...
I like refined coconut oil, it tastes much better than avacado does. Avacado is not as healthy as it has been promoted to be. If you are deficient in lipids in your diet, maybe you would think it is good. But I saw way too many negative things about Avacado chemistry in my research to even say they are a healthy food. The oils in fish are better for you, but mixing histaminase blocking avacado chemistry with fish histamines/histadines is not a good combo.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How do you like your avocado toast?

I don't.

So as far from me as possible.

That's how I like it.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Not what my Dr told me when I had low red blood cell count.

www.americanschoolofnaturalhealth.com...
edit on 3-6-2019 by Vigilantastrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Avocado was one of our kiddo's first foods, and is still one of his favorites. So we eat a fair few of them.

I've had it on toast, but it's not my favorite way to eat it. Love it made into simple guac. But if I'm going for breakfast, it needs to be sliced or cubed and eaten with scrambled egg and smoked salmon in a tortilla with some dill and salt to season. Those brunch tacos (or burritos) are one of our favorite early morning kickoff foods.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join