It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would one go to find posts about cryptocurrency?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i understand why people here hate cryptocurrency. A lot of them will say it's the governments new form of control over the economy. Some think it is the actual "mark of the beast"

I personally think this is a turning point for humanity. We finally have a choice of which currency to use. There is a reason some of the smartest people in the world say that bitcoin is the best form of currency we have available today.

“You are a den of vipers! I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution before morning.” — President Andrew Jackson: 1829-1837

People who don't understand cryptocurrency also don't understand the US dollar. They say that crypto is just digits on a screen not realizing that the US dollar is digits on a screen. The difference is the US dollar is going to steadily and possibly rapidly increase in supply which in turn causes inflation which decreases the buying power for the dollar.

Cryptocurrency will be the future of money. The question is which ones will we choose?
edit on 5-3-2019 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I absolutely agree with you. I am still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the system and how it works. My philosophy is, if this is going to happen, why not try and make some money on it in the process. I am currently ending my 3 month long maternity leave and DREAD leaving my babies to go back. My plan is to somehow get to a place where I no longer have to work. Even if it takes me years and years. I’m quite hopeful for bitcoin and ethereum and any of the ERC-20 compatible coins because Samsung’s new phone will have a preloaded wallet that accepts those so hopefully that will help with adoption as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: JinMI

I'm diving into the deep end of crypto.

Reddit might be a better place to start.

Sometimes I get ahead of myself.

Careful there, might be surprised at what you find!

(Like the fact that MOST projects have zero use for a token
)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vgl004
I’m quite hopeful for bitcoin and ethereum and any of the ERC-20 compatible coins

IMO one of the most promising is Ether/Ethereum because of the massive weight behind it. Check out the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance, which is a group of companies from around the world, including members such as Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, Hewlett Packard, Foxconn, JP Morgan Chase, Pfizer, etc etc among many others. They're all working together as part of this massive alliance to develop and implement Ethereum technology as a new worldwide standard. It's already happening and being used.
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's exactly true.

Most projects do not immediately need to he tokenized. That said, the economic model I envision attempts to make nearly all behaviors and actions compensable events.

So who knows. Many of the projects you speak of with regard to not needing a token are garbage projects anyway.

edit on 5 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vgl004
a reply to: projectvxn

Will do! Also currently reading up on all your posts. Such good info! Thanks!

Feel free to ask any questions or provide criticism.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Careful there, might be surprised at what you find!

(Like the fact that MOST projects have zero use for a token
)

That's true, for two reasons. First, there was a massive initial rush to create businesses around the crypto space, so you had a ton that started and fizzled out, as would be expected. Second, in many cases, those tokens were meant to be a means to raise money for those businesses while promising some kind of incentive for holders, rather than for the tokens to have a specific use themselves.
Anyway, your point is kindof like saying cars aren't worth owning since most cars aren't even made anymore.

(Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about any of that)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

You're generally correct. But I think JinMI is trying to say that many project that use a Blockchain dont have to be tokenized. This is why ethereum, as a platforn for development of decentralized apps (Dapps) and smart contracts are so important. For anything that doesn't require a token there is a Dapp or a smart contract.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I don't disagree, they aren't mutually exclusive. It's just the projects that are, at this moment, don't completely encompass the tokenized future you see. More to come, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I think it's more closely related to the Delorean. Was an awesome car at the time, however didn't last through.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

That's the consensus among people who don't know anything about crypto.

Can you be more patronizing with your blanket statements?

You get really uptight whenever anyone dares to threaten your vested interest in blockchains.

I get you think it's so super awesome, but why do you care if other people use or don't use it?

Why do you care if they have the wrong or right information?

Wouldn't it be better if no one else used it and then you have all the coins to yourself? That is the goal isn't it? Get the most wealth? Have all the coins?

What is the super secret reason that even people who've done a lot of research into blockchains are apparently too dumb to find?

You never provide anything of substance, just your opinions and regurgitation of facts anyone can find with research so basic even fetus in fetu can do it.

It's why I never bother to check replies from you any more, but I will take the time to bark at you when you bite others if only to one day show you how it feels to be treated by someone like you.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Can't speak for PVXN but I will say that the same tired arguments that are easily debunked get boring.

There are legitimate issues with crypto and blockchains. Say a power outage? Throttled bandwidth? 51% attacks, quantum computing, Dwave computing etc etc.

The 'because the underlying asset has no value' argument is about 9 years old and has yet to be proven accurate.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Can you be more patronizing with your blanket statements?

Yes I can.

You get really uptight whenever anyone dares to threaten your vested interest in blockchains.

When you have a certain poster who refuses ANY information ad nauseam and makes the same debunked arguments multiple times across many threads, it starts to get tiresome. Try it sometime. You'll be a patronizing asshole in no time, just like me.

I get you think it's so super awesome, but why do you care if other people use or don't use it?

Because in short order governments around the world will be looking for ways to compensate people in a world where human labor is no longer the base valuation. Right now, the BIG idea is the universal basic income. A scheme of regular payments that are meant to either supplement or entirely provide income derived from industry that uses AI and automated systems to the exclusion of human workers. They are also going to derive this UBI from taxing current industries via carbon taxes and other schemes.

I believe this to be a devastatingly inflationary scheme that is meant to pay the left-behind plebs while the elite enjoy the fruits of their silicon slaves. This is NOT a far-fetched issue. This is going on now.

Why do you care if they have the wrong or right information?

So screw it, just let people spread lies? No thanks, man. This is ATS, the motto is "Deny Ignorance", not "Embrace Disinformation".

Wouldn't it be better if no one else used it and then you have all the coins to yourself? That is the goal isn't it? Get the most wealth? Have all the coins?

Your immaturity betrays your smug attitude. At least if you're going to be a patronizing asshole like me, do so with some class.

What is the super secret reason that even people who've done a lot of research into blockchains are apparently too dumb to find?

Neither you or the poster I was referring to are experts. Quite the opposite of. I do listen to the experts and I research like one. Which is why disinformation is infuriating. But you sure as hell do have some "opinions" don't you?

You never provide anything of substance, just your opinions and regurgitation of facts anyone can find with research so basic even fetus in fetu can do it

I believe MANY would disagree with your assertion of my contributions to ATS over the last 11 years.

It's why I never bother to check replies from you any more, but I will take the time to bark at you when you bite others if only to one day show you how it feels to be treated by someone like you.

You're hardly impressive enough to be concerned with. You go out of your way to provide insults, but no refutations. Come back when YOU have something of substance.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Cryptocurrency will be the future of money. The question is which ones will we choose?

The answer to this is MANY.

Blockchain and blockchain-like ledgers will be needed across many sectors of the economy in the future. There will be no crypto to rule them all, there will be an inter-ledger protocol in place so that all ledgers can transact on the open internet.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Steemit has the majority of cryptocurrency content on the web.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vgl004

I discovered him recently. I WISH I had discovered him before I wrote my main essay. His insights would have been crucial. He really is an authority on bitcoin. Not many people know as much as he does.

As far as our view of the importance of Bitcoin and blockchain in general, we share many of the same opinions.

There are also a few books out there on the history of money that I highly recommend. The best ones have been books that Karl Polanyi has written. His concept of money being a language that transmits value has influenced many economists. It is from he that I draw much of my views on money today.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thank you! Now I have a few questions, I’ve been looking in to getting my own wallet, I assume this is what you meant by key, and now I get it after some research I’ve been doing. Do you have a few you suggest? I see there are tangible ones and also ones stored online/offline. I’ve been looking at trezor, it has pretty good reviews. Also, if I keep my bitcoin in a device like this, I assume the bitcoin stored would still go up or down in value even if it is not on some sort of platform online?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Trezor wallet and the Ledger Nano. The ledger nano x is coming to market next month for 119 bucks USD. The nano is is about 70 bucks, but it is limited. Ledger also offers other, larger capacity hardware wallets.

Use hardware wallets to ensure your coin will be safe. Do not use "paper" wallets. Those are temporary wallets accessed via browser. They are not secure. If you use a desktop wallet be sure you do your research on those too. Not all are created equal and not all are secure.

For reasons states above, unless you cannot get a particular coin supported on your hardware wallet, do not use software wallets on unsecured computers.

Your bitcoin, whether in a wallet or on an exchange, will still be updated along with the rest of the network. You will see price action whether it is stored or not.

Lastly, UNLESS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE, DO NOT STORE CRYPTO ON EXCHANGES.

edit on 6 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Thank you very much! I believe I will just preorder the ledger nano x. Seems silly to order the old one when the new one is coming out so soon and only for a little bit more.

I’m excited! I’ve got my husband on board, well kind of. He’s more of... I’ve got one foot on the board and one foot off the board.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with either the Trezor or the Ledgers. Both have amassed excellent reputations. I have used both, and prefer Ledger's interface.

Just remember that this is an unregulated system and there IS fraud and theft happening. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS.

Here's a the cautionary tale of BitConnect:

And then there's Tai Lopez. If you see ANY of these kinds of douche bags near a project, RUN AWAY.

EDIT:

This all took place in the epic bull-run a little over a year ago. Unregulated markets have a LOT of risk, but they can also carry huge rewards. Just be careful you don't get taken for a ride.
edit on 6 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join