It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring is really Winter II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Can I just punch Punxsutawney Phil. That little rodent is a liar!

The calendar says spring starts March 20th. It sure doesn't feel like it.
Today is -5F here with a windchill of -24F, we will not crack 40 this month. That sure doesn't
feel like spring to me.

This winter has been harsh, and even the cold loving locals are starting to crack. Let's put it this way, most houses
in our town still have their Christmas lights ups, it has been too cold and snowy & icy to take anything down. We have not had a single
melt or break. My poor dog is sick of it and just wants to play outside but she is too little to say for any length of time.

So what do we get when it finally warms up? Well they are considering us for the Democratic Convention because of our mild summers... Can we have Winter III? I know the convention is not until 2020 but they are talking about getting ready for it already, which makes me wonder if it has already been decided (unofficially)

edit on 4-3-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ummm...so where do you live...I mean...I’m in almost Canada NY...and it’s a balmy 25 degrees here...practically a heat wave...

Actually...my lawn is now a glacier in the making...I keep telling everyone the ice age has started...right there outside my windows...two feet of hardpack that you can walk on the top of without sinking in...with another two inches of top layer just added last night...

Yep...I’m done with this white crap as well...it’s just not done with me yet...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I'm in Indiana and it was 6 when I woke up today and is a frigid 11 right now...
I think its coming your way with some snow.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It was 20 below on the way into work this morning. And that is without the windchill factor. I live in Montarctica.

edit on 4-3-2019 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So would it just be shameless gloating to talk about the glorious 70s and 80s we're going to be enjoying and reveling in this week?

I'm gonna say yes

I'll just slowly back out of here and go plant my new rose bush...

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Agreed. Here in good old Alberta, we're going on yet another month of extreme cold warnings. Just a couple of days ago, the windchill dipped to -45 C with a really nasty wind blowing everything around. The average temp lately is around the area of -20 C during the day. At night it's just plummeting.

Everyone around here is fed up with it all. I'm starting to feel as if spring has become some sort of mythical beast for us.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Currently 5° with a real feel of -13° here in sunny Chicago. I agree 100%. I'm over it.
Typically, cold weather doesn't bother me as I'm usually quite warm. It's easier for me to warm up than to cool off. That said, enough is enough.
This is the first winter I've had to use Central heat in conjunction with my fireplace. Older house but this winter has been brutal. I always say, I care not how cold it gets, as long as it doesnt snow.
You dont have to shovel cold.
But not today. Screw this.
It's time for warmer weather.
My Pointer hound is going stir crazy.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We have beautiful blue skies.....but...it was -2 when I took the dogs out this morning.

Mother Nature is a trickster I say.

The snow is so cold on the dogs’ paws they come back in limping after just a few minutes.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm on the gulf coast and we only had two weeks of winter here, if that.

73f here currently.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm on the gulf coast and we only had two weeks of winter here, if that.

73f here currently.

Ummm...may you be swallowed by a 700# crocagator...

Soonest...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It might be hanging on a bit, but this is infinitely better than Florida's 1-2 weeks of Northern Spring, then 50-51 weeks of Unholy Hell trade-off. You couldn't pay me enough to ever go back to that climate, I'll continue to favor Michi-Hoth, thanks, lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ummm...so where do you live...I mean...I’m in almost Canada NY...and it’s a balmy 25 degrees here...practically a heat wave...

I'm in Wisconsin. We know this is a cold climate state, but this winter has just been the worst.
We've had a few spells of frozen rain, and everyone still has 4-5 inches of it on their driveways.
Our entire town ran out of salt! There was a landscape business selling salt for $5 for a one lb bucket.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Mating Cuban crocodiles and American crocodiles are creating hybrid offspring

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I like the weather here. And personally prefer the hot raining climate we have to anything cold.

Snow can go to hell! And melt!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ever experience any other winter there this bad? How long have you lived there?

This is an open question for everyone.

Here in florida where I have lived in the same town for 38 years I have never seen a winter this warm.
The last three winters in my area have gotten hotter and more rain. I worry that If it keeps up in a few years my town wont see winter at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ever experience any other winter there this bad? How long have you lived there?

Here in florida where I have lived in the same town for 38 years I have never seen a winter this warm.
The last three winters in my area have gotten hotter and more rain. I worry that If it keeps up in a few years my town wont see winter at all.

Yes, I lived in upstate NY so I have felt much colder winters. This one isn't just bad, it is so long without a break.
Usually we have a day or two of melting thrown into winter.

I also lived in Florida (Seminole county). That heat does take getting used to but I did enjoy it! I love humid weather.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

25 years down there for me, grew up there after transplanting from MI (funnily enough, we unintentionally ended up a couple blocks from my great-grandparents old house up here)

What region of FL? I grew up in various towns in the Suncoast stretch. There's been warm winters before, I definitely clearly remember upper 80's/pushing 90. Hot Christmases, we bitched and moaned a lot at the family gatherings. Hot end of January birthdays for my older brother, we bitched a lot. Hot early February birthdays for my dad, we bitched a lot. Lol, it's a climate & comfort level theme there.

Not having much luck tying to find those climate data records online, but it's definitely not unheard of or all that new.

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Ummm...actually...this just seems normal to me...I sold the sled (snowmobile) a few winters back when we had a couple of relatively mild winters with not much snow...and I haven’t even put on the skis and boots this season...so I didn’t enjoy the white as much as I normally do...

I’ve also lived in climates ranging from Hawaii to Vermont...California to Colorado...NY was home...

GOD...I can’t wait to leave it again...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm in Indiana and it was 6 when I woke up today and is a frigid 11 right now...
I think its coming your way with some snow.

Ummm...thanks man...I could use another layer or two on the front yard glacier...

The side and back yard glaciers seem to get all the attention...prevailing winds and all...

There’s also a general conspiracy going on here every winter...I’ll finish snowblowing the drive...making nice high wind rows on both sides...and the wind just laughingly fills in the whole drive come morning...

Strangely enough...no matter how many times I’ve shaken my fist at the sky swearing till I’m out of breath...it never seems to do any good...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join