It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think this Momo challenge is really a hoax??? I think it's a real threat...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I use to buy sulphur and potassium nitrate at the drug store and mix up some gun powder. Charcoal wasn't difficult.
edit on 3/1/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheUnusualSuspect201

How do you "trick" someone into committing suicide?

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Not sure if you were being serious.

You can lie and deceive them with notions of what happens after death.
You can mislead them or persuade them that suicide is the only answer, lie to them about what friends and family think about them and that everyone would be better off with them gone.

Lies and deception basically.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Part hoax / part real. Momo's picture came from an art thing. Once it hit the west, a few youtubers made videos of calling "momo" on WhatsApp and receiving creepy video chats and sometimes flickering lights.

I watched a few videos and they seemed aimed at kids with 30 year old men acting like scared 12 year old preteens. All seemed to be fake as it's very easy to fake. Especially if you can find a app that adapts your face to the momo art.

The dangerous part is that allegedly hackers are using this to scare kids and make them do wierd stuff. Using their phone number on WhatsApp to dig up info and then use that info to scare.

So basically you have some sick individuals looking to mess with kids in an elaborate way and 30 year old youtubers with 12 year old audiences pushing this momo trend with their fake videos.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know. I do know my kiddo brought home a letter from the school about it telling parents to watch out for it, so in that sense it's real.

Of course, why parents are letting their kids roam social media unchecked in gradeschool ... I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It is, it's just been blown up by youtubers taking on the challenge. 30 year olds pretending to be scared when their friend calls back with momo's face.

Only problem is that kids will find a random number online and call that.

Then again, that could happen all across the internet. Lots of creeps out there.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Having kids brainwashed to believe in a better life waiting after this one, with no pain and nonody left wanting is a good first step...

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, I just wish that i was the guy who invented this Momo. Think of all the money he is gonna rake in after this. God forbid free world wide advertisement. Can't help but win.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The artist behind the Momo sculpture, Keisuke Aiso, has now publicly stated that the Momo sculpture has been destroyed and that kids shouldnt fear it any longer.....

End of story.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join