It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think this Momo challenge is really a hoax??? I think it's a real threat...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
# who ever created this "trend". It's not a threat though... if your kid dies because of momo... your a #ty #ing parent and your child was probably going to be a drain on society.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
IS it a hoax? Not really. Is it anything other than overblown? Nope. It's the Tide Pod Challenge of 2019. Nobody ate effing Tide Pods. A couple people did but that's what started it. Everyone locking up their laundry detergent over nothing.

From razor blades in caramel apples, to poisoned Halloween candy, to people giving away free drugs that look like candy to the kiddos, it's always been complete bs. A slight truth (the father poisoned his own kid's candy) and then rumor and gossip turn it into something it never was.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: TheUnusualSuspect201
It’s wonderul. It has scared kids away fro Youtube.

All the kids in my 6 year olds class had nightmares the other night.

But seriously. Anything that keeps kids off Youtube is good.

While Youtube and internet are convenient and all, I think the best thing we could do is shut it down. Especially social media.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Start handing out the Darwin awards

Thats a bit callous of you - did you not write the following?

Is that your idea of a meaningful fun life?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since it doesn't matter, then why not CHOOSE that it DOES matter. If you truly are a nihilist, then it really doesn't matter to you how you choose. So why not choose God and meaningful instead. At least by choosing God and meaningful, you get to live a life that is more fun, enjoyable, and meaningful. What I find interesting is how people I meet who are obsessed with evil turn out to be the most evil people. And vise versa

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Are you kidding.... this is months old and a freaking joke... passed around between kids to psych eachother up. Its the modern version of what we did on school trips a night with a flash light in the near by woods; "seriously... I saw something move in there...." and everyone would run off.

Also its more than well eastablished that the momo is a piece of art made by some asian lady....

Im surprised this bs is still around, even more so if anyone at all is still freaked out by it.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's real. A friend of mine from the Philipines told me yesterday about this 11 year old dying there from the challenge.
edit on 1/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you combine it with the Ice Bucket and Cinnamon Challenges you are effectively immortal.

Trust me kids, give it a try.

In regards to the ice bucket challenge, I read a story around that same time where a girl, 13 years old or so, had a friend stay the night. While the friend was asleep on the couch, the girl boiled some water because they'd talked about a boiling water challenge. She dumped a pot of boiling water on her friend's head (while she was still asleep) and her friend died as a result.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

If you combine it with the Ice Bucket and Cinnamon Challenges you are effectively immortal.

In regards to the ice bucket challenge, I read a story around that same time where a girl, 13 years old or so, had a friend stay the night. While the friend was asleep on the couch, the girl boiled some water because they'd talked about a boiling water challenge. She dumped a pot of boiling water on her friend's head (while she was still asleep) and her friend died as a result.

Oh god...I watched one.of the boiling water challenges...I just couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid. After watching it, I still couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid....#ing idiots.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

Are you kidding.... this is months old and a freaking joke... passed around between kids to psych eachother up. Its the modern version of what we did on school trips a night with a flash light in the near by woods; "seriously... I saw something move in there...." and everyone would run off.

Also its more than well eastablished that the momo is a piece of art made by some asian lady....

Im surprised this bs is still around, even more so if anyone at all is still freaked out by it.

That's odd. I just heard about it this week. I just found out it was a statue or sculpture created in Japan when I clicked the link in the OP. I guess I'm behind times.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's some majorly stupid s*** right there.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: LSU2018

Oh god...I watched one.of the boiling water challenges...I just couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid. After watching it, I still couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid....#ing idiots.

You can say that again. Unfortunately today's kids don't really know any better. When I was that age, I was always outside on my bike or crushing Matchbox cars or climbing trees unless it was cold or storming. I had nylon string all over my room, stretched from one corner to another and I would hang my GI Joes by their hand and slide them down with a leg positioned outward to see if their velocity could knock my Ninja Turtles over.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I made napalm and other explosive substances. Maybe kids today are smarter than me.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah I know. But unfortunately it only takes one kid that doesn't know any better or think it'll do harm.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its the new Rick Roll

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont think that this "Momo Challenge" was a tread, until just this past week when a YouTube video containing the creature went viral. Now, while I do not think that this particular video will do much harm, you need to think about the concept behind the video showing a simple way you could possibly trick a child into doing such a thing like self-harm.

This is not Darwinism, and I hope that no one will suffer as result from this video. However, to portray this has a hoax is the wrong thing to do. Since, now there are people out there that are going to create copycat videos and schemes that are going to do the same thing which would scare our children, that are even more elaborate then this simple video. Just like what happened in Russia with the Blue Whale videos.

For example, lets just say we were in an intelligence war with North Korea… Look how easy it would be for them to hire a group of people to sit in a room and come up with an app or video where its intention is to get children or even mentally ill people to commit such an act in the United States. It would be a way of attacking the homeland without even stepping foot in our country. It’s a very scary concept…

I think law enforcement agency’s all around the county need to be aware of this type of threat and not just dismiss it has a hoax because now people are not going to be looking out for this type of thing in the future.

edit on 1-3-2019 by TheUnusualSuspect201 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It may have started off as a silly joke, but I believe it's morphed into something evil. Curses can be attached to anything and this thing exudes evil.

Keep in mind that kids under the age of 3 don't have the ability to discern what is real and what isn't. Or, in many cases, life experiences or guidance to tell.

Many kids are alone, some have been abused into not knowing their own mind or instincts and are susceptible to suggestion and images.

I rebuke this evil in the name of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This has been around for a couple of years, at least. The only difference now is that a Kardashian mentioned it on twitter.

It's the new generation bloody Mary.

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Artist creating scary things, when will this madness end. God help us all...

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I made napalm and other explosive substances. Maybe kids today are smarter than me.

Personally, I always enjoyed disassembling and repurposing firecrackers and fireworks. Wicks were always in short supply.
edit on 1/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe in today's world telling kids to slice their legs and wrists is run of the mill.

Maybe the next one will tell them to get daddy's gun and shoot someone.

Keep'em coming youtube.

I suppose it is a waste of time to even question it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join