It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Bigelow & BAASS, After AATIP and on To the Stars...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

If you seek out some of Diana's earlier interviews she was much more coherent and relaxed. She was actaully giving a few interviews in late 2017 and early 2018. The original release date for her "American Cosmic" book was spring last year.

However it seems then that a bunch of people all interfered with this and it got put back to 2019. Whatever she'd written seems to have to have been approved by her minders. This even resulted in her deleting social media accounts and sounding very paranoid in some interviews. Even though excuses were made/

Which suggests that whether willingly or not she became part of the "gang".

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

The “aw shucks” attitude is cool and all until you realize she was an “insider on the set” (verbatim phrase she uses in recalling the X-Files anecdote) of the The Conjuring . She presents herself as ‘just falling into the ufology scene’...maybe she did (she didn’t, but there are those who have to have their noses rubbed into...I’ll try not being that person), but my BS meter started taching out when she mentioned the New Mexico site becoming a place of pilgrimage (paraphrasing)...then she went on about aliens/UFOs becoming a religious endeavor and it is becoming a contemporary mythology.

Anytime one equivocates and qualifies as much as she did, I become even more cynical.

Did I mention she has profited from from the paranormal (or whatever is the preferred nomenclature — she’s a professor and all) in the past? Yeah, hate to break it to everyone, but there isn’t any hidden knowledge or paradigm-shifters in her tome, but there is less of your money and more of hers on the ledger.

But hey, there’s a 30% discount coupon if you wanna ameliorate some of the buyer’s remorse...better hurry, it’s only available through Oxford Press and copies are limited.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Willtell

Sacred Lore.

Whatever TTSA turns out to NEVER lose your hope, your innate innocence and positive outlook…it’s a good and refreshing thing. TTSA is but a grain of sand on a colossal beach and many of the other grains are the real thing…we just have to be patient and it will come.

Seek and ye shall find is a hard but true reality

The rest of us here are a little old and salty...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'm getting confused..
Do you mean she's part of the TTSA gang ?
or the Bigelow gang?
or the replacement JV sierra site gang?

I read ct's post that jv left ufology. Is this true? Didn't he sign his soul away for the term of his natural life to Spielberg for basing the Close Encounters character on him?

edit on 25-3-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

The rest of us here are a little old and salty...

My god! Duran Duran didn't age too well did they?

Even though I think they were right back in the day.

I'm getting confused..
Do you mean she's part of the TTSA gang ?
or the Bigelow gang?
or the replacement JV sierra site gang?

I read ct's post that jv left ufology. Is this true? Didn't he sign his soul away for the term of his natural life to Spielberg for basing the Close Encounters character on him?

There are obvious overlaps with all of these people that tend to inhabit the South West of America and promote unconventional belief systems. So someone told her to shut up and close her social media accounts. Which is very odd for someone who has just authored a book.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

However it seems then that a bunch of people all interfered with this and it got put back to 2019. Whatever she'd written seems to have to have been approved by her minders. This even resulted in her deleting social media accounts and sounding very paranoid in some interviews. Even though excuses were made/

Ta for the info.

Not related to this thread directly, but do you think that Andrew Pike's endlessly troubled Rendlesham Forest book throughout the 2000s also fell victim to a similar "bunch of people" applying pressure? The story of now-retired Pike's struggle with that tome over many years would probably constitute a book in itself!

edit on 25-3-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: spellinkinnk

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Was she on twitter?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

You know this is serious stuff. We long timers in Ufology know the deal, know the history. While I don’t ever want to cloud one’s perspective with mine, I do feel we have an obligation to those less in the know, the millennials for instance, about these things since this type of deception works on ignorance.

TDL is a perfect guy to use as a ploy to fool people since he claims to have read books about ufos since he was a kid. So, when Millennials’ hear him, they might get the impression he knows what he’s talking about. He obviously doesn’t or if he does then that makes him deliberately deceptive. I don’t care how many books he’s read about Greek aliens

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don’t think she is part of the TTSA gang but the general religioi-ufological crew like Cameron. She all but adapted his download language.

She’s doing the right thing getting close to her subjects. She’s got to write a book. Now this is a university press they don’t make much money usually and her book may have exceeded expectations. University presses are rarely best sellers.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

do you think that Andrew Pike's endlessly troubled Rendlesham Forest book throughout the 2000s also fell victim to a similar "bunch of people" applying pressure? 

No I do not. However its no secret Pennistons side did a diddy dance about it all....

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

One has to be careful how you achieve that though WT, the key is in the approach. However, have you ever tried to tell someone who is young, what is right, wrong and what to do?

When I was a little piglet people tried the same with me and it didn't work. I "already knew everything" then, what else was there to learn!! lol

I don't take my own advice though, I think TTSA is a load of bollocks and say that it is and present reasons as to why, most of which is of TTSA's own making and the "information" that they have presented.

People have to ultimately learn for themselves...I can't wait to see what the "young guns" are pumping out in 10 years time and what their perspective is then and that's IF they are still around, which I very much doubt they will be.

I think some of the TTSA Super Fans are quite a dangerous bunch however, you have only to see the backlash that John Greenwald has got over the last few weeks when he has questioned the narrative presented by TTSA. That was quite telling......

Ufology is IMO a religion/illness; there are preachers, teachers, sufferers and truth seekers.
edit on p24609192400 by pigsy2400 because: Monkey Magic of Course!!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Ufology is IMO a religion/illness; there are preachers, teachers, sufferers and truth seekers.

And then, of course, there is those things that people keep seeing ;-)
Let's not forget about those...

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When you talk about the paranormal, you always have multiple points of view. Why is that? It's simply because these things are transcending our reality and they are interacting with our own consciousness. In the field of quantum mechanics you have the same thing, there are multiple interpretations, and this is going on for decades. Why are we interested in those things? We can simply use them and ignore what's behind them. I think it's because they are changing us and we like that and we are afraid of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: vortimond

one mans angel is another's demon and or alien.

You are quite right, with anything in the worlds its all down to interpretation. The issue with Ufology is that a lot of organisations/people and different groups do try and manage that interpretation and control the narrative of it overall, based mostly on what their own belief system is.

TTSA are no different, they want you to see the phenomena as a "threat" - they have said this multiple times. With all things like this though, there are usually many objectives running side by side at the same time.

Not only do TTSA promote the "phenomena" as a threat, but one of their other objectives is to manage the perception of the government overall and also in how they deal with this threat. Its a typical protagonist vs antagonist, good vs bad, light vs dark.

"they are here to eat your babies and we are your protectors"

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

And then, of course, there is those things that people keep seeing ;-)
Let's not forget about those...

The truth is that we are never allowed to forget about those things. Ufology simply will not let go of cases that were proven beyond reasonable doubt or even known hoaxes. So time and effort is wasted on the 'entertainment' value rather than resolving the genuine mysteries. Of which there are probably very few. They are also probably far less obvious cases than the 'classics' we see in books and on TV all the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

In a sense MM some of these "cases" could be likened as "Core Pillars" that are central to the "Core Story" - Much like the banks were too Big to go Bust...some of these central pillars are simply not allowed to crumble, as it would take the rest with it!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

TTSA are no different, they want you to see the phenomena as a "threat" - they have said this multiple times. With all things like this though, there are usually many objectives running side by side at the same time.

Not only do TTSA promote the "phenomena" as a threat, but one of their other objectives is to manage the perception of the government overall and also in how they deal with this threat. Its a typical protagonist vs antagonist, good vs bad, light vs dark.

"they are here to eat your babies and we are your protectors"

It just goes to show that mankind is not the "young species" making the innocent mistakes of children as often said.

Creating enemies is simply calculating behaviour.

Promoting the neighbors as "evil" by the USA & TTSA might blow up in everyone's faces.

Look at it from the neighbor's point of view.

The neighbors have probably been watching mankind for a long time. From bashing each other to death with rocks to industrialised mass killing.

When mankind begins to call the neighbors "enemies", the neighbors may see mankind as a threat.

How many times must civilisation be sent back to the stone age before one of the neighbors decides that mercy is a luxury they can no longer afford?

edit on 26-3-2019 by AlanHenderson because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hi all. I usually just lurk around reading tidbits here and there on ATS.

I'm trying to get a grasp on all the info about TTSA but I'm having a hard time understanding what they're really about. Some here seem to be of the opinion that this is the usual IC package with new wrapping, or that it's a simple money grab. After hearing that they're making a new TV series I immediately think of the latter. I am not a researcher by any stretch as I do not have the time, but I feel that this whole thing is more of a mess than a carefully orchestrated cash grab or IC operation.

Can anyone more enlightened enlighten me on this? What pieces should I be scrutinizing more closely?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlanHenderson

An interesting perspective Alan

The "humanizing" of whatever the "phenomena" is may not be the best route to gain a better understanding of it. By applying / imprinting our knowledge and understanding of ourselves onto something that is far removed from ourselves, will result in little knowledge in return and a fruitless endeavor.

If you were to imagine an existence without love,light,dark or fear, it would be "impossible" as we already know/are taught these things and cannot technically unlearn them.

Assuming that if we ever did come across another intelligence, that it would have gone through the identical evolution's / revolutions of war, peace, love and evolution and everything else makes no sense.

Whether "alien" in the classical sense or not, the actual term and its meaning is what I am getting at...maybe we are a figment of its imagination? - That would be interesting.... lol....

Real Disclosure - "People of the world, sorry to have to tell you, You don't actually exist, your'e the figment of a sentient plasma's imagination and he thought up your universe whilst sat on the toilet about 13.772 billion years ago"

We don't know the unknown, but its a part of the human condition to wonder......but we cannot profess that we truly know simply because we don't and its bloody annoying lol

I must be getting quite philosophical in my middle years....

edit on p051036192400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I think this is right to some degree.

Roswell and RFI being two very obvious cases that keep cropping up repeatedly.

It would seem that the more expansive the case get, the further from the original event it really gets.
I think your RFI thread is a prime example of how much "fluff" can adhere to a case over time.

But in many cases it seems to me that something strange really happened, and then the showpeople can move in.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join