It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans Activism and Your Red Line

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy

My red line really is forcing children down the path just because they exhibit behaviour is not typical of their physical gender. It happens too much now, and the process needs to be a lot more intensive in ways of psychological assessments before any medication is given out. It often turns out to be a phase that is grown out of, and if a child is pushed into transitioning and it was just a phase, that can cause irreversible damage to them as a person.

I agree. There have been a number of cases of male serial killers who were forced to dress as a girl when they were a child. What if some of the transgendering weren't so much from the child as from the parent? I see the potential for some very bad outcomes here.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Boadicea
One thing that concerns me most is the social aspect, as given in this quote:

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire

Men are women, women are men, you can switch back and forth, whatever.

Thanks for the great Voltaire quote.
So true.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This issue of restroom safety is real; there have already been crimes involving it.

It makes me wonder if we're going to have to go back to the days in my childhood where you couldn't go to the restroom by yourself. You had to go with a friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

Have you read "An American Sickness" by Rosenthal? It is happening already. "Confirmation bias" or a reasonable response based on past history and reality? I'd argue the latter.

I have not read "An American Sickness," but it seems I've read similar to what he wrote!

For me, when I mention my "confirmation bias," I know I don't trust the medical industry and for very good reason -- they aren't trustworthy! -- but I don't want to let this get in the way of me recognizing genuine medical knowledge and research.

In this particular situation, that information and research is sadly lacking. That's about all I know for sure.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Red Line for me starts when people say "gender dysphoria" is not a mental illness.
Strangely all other dysphoria related mental issues are, but not the gender one, seems very strange to me.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) categorizes specific dysphoria in the obsessive–compulsive spectrum.

The above statement is not referring to gender dysphoria, it is a generic description of for all types of dysphoria.
This defines it.

is a profound state of unease or dissatisfaction. In a psychiatric context, dysphoria may accompany depression, anxiety, or agitation.

How do you help mentally ill people, well it's not by promoting the illness and encouraging people to act on their impulses.
Support them yes, I agree everybody needs help, but you don't tell a person that hears voices in his head to listen to them and do what they are telling them to do, if it harmful to themselves. By not treating the issue it may lead to suicide or an attempt, it's around 40% for people in this category, we should be treating them in a manner that brings this number down.
edit on 27-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

at present WHO classifies it as a biological phenomenon!

I think it was previously classified as a mental illness but it was re-classified under pressure from activists as it carries a negative stigma!

well maybe just look at the evidence of suicide rates and depression then , no wonder it carries a negative stigma !

edit on 27-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) categorizes specific dysphoria in the obsessive–compulsive spectrum.

Oh wow -- that makes perfect sense!!! Now I'm mad at myself. I must have read that somewhere along the way -- I must have! But I must have glossed over it.

Thank you. I need to ponder this for a bit and process it into the equation.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think it was previously classified as a mental illness but it was re-classified under pressure from activists as it carries a negative stigma!

A very good example of how and where socio/political/legal aspects are getting ahead of the science and medicine.

We all have our quirks and idiosyncrasies, but it's not technically a disorder until it negatively impacts one's life. Including when it begins to control you instead of you controlling it. The disproportionately high suicide attempts (and completions) among the transgender population is just one indication of this, but probably the most significant.

Gender affirmation and transitioning may (or may not) be the best treatment currently known, but it is obviously not the best possible as long as so many people are still suffering.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I am quite old now and nearing the end of my time on earth so I have a pretty grumpy view of the world, call me old fashioned if you will.

The problem is, as you stated, that this whole debacle is being codified into modern day lives and being normalised and I personally have a big problem with that but, not so much against the transgender folks but at the way the delusion is being pushed into the reality and the fabric of society (here I share much the same views as Ben Shapiro).

My problem is how they are encroaching on women's rights (and some men's, the proportion seems to be more men pretending to be women)...these rights belong to a particular gender, that being women, biological born women (or men if that's the case) and this is a problem as we have seen women are not too happy about this situation especially when a man becomes a so-called-woman and dominates a field of sports.

If these people want to do body modification that's their choice but don't include me in your delusion that's all I ask and don't try to normalise and codify ideas and laws into the existing fabric of society which causes nothing but chaos (my friends children were quite alarmed at some of the concepts being introduced into education and their TV programmes leaving them confused and upset in some cases).

BUT we live in a world that is supposedly progressive so on the first hand I believe the immediate solution is to correctly identify these people as a "transgender" so neither male or female but their own label called transgender. This would afford them many more rights in society and would probably allow them to be more accepted as an-other group of people rather than trying to bulldoze their way into the minds of young and old with the stupid notion that by doing some physical and chemical changes they are now the opposite sex (what a load of bol.locks).

The second issue here is to look at society and try to understand why there is an increased rate of young people supposedly having issue with their gender identification...Is it more likely that what they see and hear has influenced them and created the doubt (very likely) and/or are their other mitigating circumstances and societal and psychological factors at place (quite likely).

As mentioned above my issue is blatant idea being manufactured that these transgender folks are 100% the opposite gender of what they were and no amount of stubble or pocket bulges will change that that fact (again I assume that most folks are men transitioning to women as stated by the analytical data on the interweb)...really we are being told in layman terms:

Blue is now Green and you better believe it or else!

This nonsense has gone so far as to produce laws for example here in the UK where people can get arrested for pointing out the obvious and/or not conforming to someone elses BS.
edit on 27-2-2019 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think Virtual reality and augmented reality could help people with gender dysphoria !

give them a virtual taste of what its like to live as woman or a man before taking any hormones or anything

Just a thought

however I have no idea why a man would want to be a woman given that women have it so hard in the world!

edit on 27-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

previously classified as a mental illness but it was re-classified under pressure from activists as it carries a negative stigma!

So the reclassification was for political reasons not based on any real science or psychiatric findings, no wonder Jordan Peterson reacted the way he did. He is probably one of the most famous clinical psychiatrists in the world, his opinion has merit.

And there are Trans people in the video comments agreeing with Peterson perspective.....really surprised me.
edit on 27-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

previously classified as a mental illness but it was re-classified under pressure from activists as it carries a negative stigma!

So the reclassification was for political reasons not based on any real science or psychiatric findings, no wonder Jordan Peterson reacted the way he did. He is probably one of the most famous clinical psychiatrists in the world, his opinion has merit.

And there are Trans people in the video comments agreeing with Peterson perspective.....really surprised me.

From my personal experience, the rank and file of transgender people DON'T buy into the agenda, they just want to live their lives and be left alone and treated like anyone else instead of as freaks. It really is a small, focused, very vocal minority pushing the fringe ideas like "a penis can be female." But that tiny minority has somehow become very powerful.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

But that tiny minority has somehow become very powerful.

It's because in this political climate they can frame politicians as transphobic, and at least some are scared of that, even if they aren't.
It's social blackmail at it's worse and it's forming national policies.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AProudLefty
a reply to: neo96

Actually it was Fundies who made it a national emergency.

Noone is a Fundy more than todays Leftist Liberal.

By about 500 times at this point.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Why do Fundies always make it a point to make sure I know they're Fundies and that I know Jesus?

Oh, those type of Fundy's see the demons inside and are really talking to them...you see they are actually interesting...the outer shell is like purple elephants floating by.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

If you repeatedly refuse to call them by their pronouns or names, you lose the job. If you mess up at first, nothing will happen to you.

And you think that is correct ?

Better put a stop to this charade before someone else does...cause if they have to it will be a winner takes all war of all wars...

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I think humans can only really change their sex once we have mastered cloning and DNA manipulation.

you simply take your own DNA and make a clone of your DNA but make it female , so like rebirthing !

I should patent this now !

Re-birth , be reborn the sex you always were

Won't work...you cannot clone something and change it....nothing at all would be the same.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Hecate666
what also needs to be looked at is the prevalence of the idea that trans people are out to get us
when in reality there are very few trans people who make themselves publicly known and just want to keep themselves to themselves like most people do .

Honestly, pro-trans people need to stop thinking that we all believe "trans are out to get us!" Seriously, that's not real. I live in what other people call flyover country where Trump won by 20+ points and it's not an issue.

The issue is if/when we see a dude who is obviously a dude go into the lady's room.

The concern is not that people who believe they are trans will exploit it.

The concern IS that perfectly heterosexual perverts (aka not trans people) will exploit society's leniency to allow them into locker rooms and showers so they can be voyeurs or worse.

Thank you! I live in flyover country too, and you nailed it. I've tried till I'm blue in the face to explain the whole bathroom view to ...some people... but they simply refuse to hear what I'm saying and insist that I'm trans-phobic. And that's it in a nutshell--we're not worried about trans people in the bathrooms. We're worried about pervs PRETENDING to be trans in the bathrooms, and that if said pervs do decide to perv in the bathrooms, that we'll just be accused of being trans-phobic.

In all honesty something should be made clear...NOONE has yet to transition into the opposite sex..zero snd zilch.

Transitioning is an ongoing waste of time and offers nothing to us...any of us.

The fools running these experiments against humans are the same goofs who brought us religions and banks and every other blight on humanity.

Gonna have to get to the absolute brink i guess before we destroy them all,

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Have you seen this? Tavistock rears its head again.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I believe the reclassification was because they had no factual evidence that it was actually a mental illness , and calling it a mental illness only served to stigmatise transgender community as being mentally ill
when in reality they dont know what causes it and so had to declare it a biological phenomenon you know like what science is meant to do , to update and expand and change as we learn more information.

It was lack of evidence which caused them to change it , they had only placed it in mental area because they couldnt initially determine it was from the physiology aspect rather than psychological
as it had to do with a persons identity which is a psychological aspect.

but yes I think if it helps people not to feel stigmatised as mentally ill then yes it was the right move, because its honest , we dont know !

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join