It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm ‘bombing out’ over Great Lakes---MI WI IN OH NY PA IL Ontario-CA and more

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I really hope this one passes us.

When we get massive wind storms they are typically really destructive here.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yeah, I know

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m on the north shore of Lake Superior.

You're by Northern MI U???

I heard it's been a fierce weather for you, more snow than in a decade or more....do you have a generator for power outages up there?
Stay safe!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Scientists involved with gene editing, should give us the ability to hibernate through this crap.

That would be worth-while science. Eat a big Thanksgiving dinner, then sleep until Easter...

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ahhhh!!!!!
Spring!!!!!!!
www.mlive.com...

I saw a great meme somewhere on ATS about spring....winter....false winter, real winter, false spring, stuff like that ...it cracked me up.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Our power is underground too, but it comes from wires somewhere up the line....and those are susceptible to wind, no???

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Calling for up to 60 mph winds here in the Miami Valley. And 2-3 inches of rain. Power outages expected to be widespread.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Anyone in the path of this storm, stay safe!!!
Hopefully, most or all of us will get through it unscathed.....and dry.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here in NW Chicago Suburbs..

Freezing Rain tonight (Friday)
Thunderstorms tomorrow (Saturday)
Snow Tomorrow Night (Sat Night)
60mph wind gusts Sunday
Low Sunday Night of 5 degrees.

Wild weekend ahead. The weather segment of Chicago news is often the most exciting part of the broadcast. Particularly WGN-9's Tom Skilling...for over 30 years now.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It’s been silly this year.
With days up at my work (2 hours north) lower than -40c
Lots of snow and lots of cold!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Our trees are still all iced up from the ice storm and full of snow from the other storms after that. We are supposed to get about six inches on Saturday during the day and in the evening, it is supposed to start snowing...ten to eighteen more inches. I am running out of places to push the snow with the plowtruck, and there are branches all over in the snowbanks. My six and a half foot snowblower does not do well with tree branches, it keeps busting sheer pins. I have extras and about ten gallons of gas in case it gets bad. We are making pasties, pie, and bread tomorrow and we have a woodstove. I changed all the water in the water jugs and have the coffee pot all washed. Sunday the high winds are supposed to hit, meaning more branches and of course lots of power outages in the area.

There is four feet of snow on some of my roofs, I hope we do not get too much rain in that storm or we may experience some problems. My unheated garage and shed roofs can handle another foot or two, the little roofs and garage roofs are very strong, the house itself only has maybe around two and a half feet left on it, it should be all right. This is not the worst winter we have had here in the twenty nine years we have lived in this house. It is getting close to being one of the worst though, it still has two more months of winter here.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Scientists involved with gene editing, should give us the ability to hibernate through this crap.

That would be worth-while science. Eat a big Thanksgiving dinner, then sleep until Easter...

I read a while back that humans do have the ability to hibernate. It requires special conditions, and temperatures of about forty some degrees similar to what bears experience in an underground cave. Of course, you need to have some fat on you to do this, skinny people are doomed. In the right kind of basement, people could hibernate, it does not get below thirty five in a lot of basements around here if they are poured or rock walls or insulated walls..

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I read a while back that humans do have the ability to hibernate. It requires special conditions, and temperatures of about forty some degrees similar to what bears experience in an underground cave. Of course, you need to have some fat on you to do this, skinny people are doomed. In the right kind of basement, people could hibernate, it does not get below thirty five in a lot of basements around here if they are poured or rock walls or insulated walls..

I now know my retirement plans... I'm kinda skinny... I'd better fatten up.

Our local Taco Bell is in serious trouble later this summer...
edit on 23-2-2019 by madmac5150 because: Fire sauce for warmth. I'm set

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Add southern Ontario as well, on the north coast of lake Ontario.

Stay safe to everyone and remember to stay away from trees and powerlines during high winds, just in case.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I now know my retirement plans... I'm kinda skinny... I'd better fatten up.

Our local Taco Bell is in serious trouble later this summer...

My wife is hibernating right now, she sleeps till around nine in the morning and if you wake her up early, she is crabby as a bear. I like waking up around six thirty to seven oclock. At the latest eight oclock. She doesn't go to bed till around one thirty or later, reading every night. If I try to go bed at twelve, I can't. Her activity wakes me up.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Advice from the hurricane zone... secure any outdoor furniture though thats probably already in the garage put the trash bins up close to the house or in the garage also. And clean up any loose stuff around the yard.
60 is high winds but unless your roof is in bad shape it should survive.
On the coast we call this a tree cleaner.
Tree limbs and any leaves still stuck in trees will be cleaned out.
Then guess what y'all are doing on Monday?
Power outages will probably be wide spread.... You'd think that city planners would start putting power lines under ground...
Good luck... buckle down.
edit on 2232019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We are in Tulip city here, I was telling my 87 year old father about this storm, the warnings and all. He replied, "yeah, it's winter time"

He just laughs about all this hoopla about storms and such, the other replay he gives often in situations like this, "good thing we don't live in a cave anymore, huh??"

Been mild snow wise here this winter, but it has been colder.

Just winter in west Michigan by the lakeshore...

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I hate when we get big wind gusts. I have dozens of 80+ ft maple trees around my house. A few are pretty close. I need to cut some down this summer. Hopefully Mother Nature doesn’t do it for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We're on the rain side here with a Wind Advisory now. We're expected to get sustained 30 to 40 mph gusts overnight, but that's not that big a deal. The real issue will be is someone is fighting that on the road and hits an isolated patch of black ice which is also not impossible since our temps will plunge overnight.

My sister and brother-in-law and cousin and his family are in the path of this thing out in Kansas though, and my folks are right on the edge of it. And I have an old college chum out in it too.

My folks know how to batten with the best.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Nyiah

Just another weekend in the mitt.

Spring must be close because everyone was talking about baseball and the ballpark was having an event.

Spring is definitely close.

There there were more folks walking out of the home improvement stores we stopped at loading up on seeds and gardening gear than anything else yesterday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join