It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative activist assaulted at UC-Berkeley campus during recruitment drive

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No problemo amigo.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nope. Assault is assault and these people deserve to be prosecuted. There's no excuse for violence, especially if the excuse is their TDS.

Violence exists on both sides of the divide, that's all I'm saying. It's pretty disingenuous to only call out one side of it. The MSM is as guilty as sin in that department and so is ATS for the most part.

You are correct on all points. Which is why when I come across one of these TDS type stories, I post it here. These typically are totally ignored by the liberal MSM, so for balance, I post these to ATS to inform people that yes, it happens on BOTH sides all the time.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thanks for keeping it honest friend.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am going to guess we are going to more outrage here than the thread about the guy planning on going on a killing spree.

Some idiot punches a Trump supporter at least one post talking about bullets meaning he should be shot for this. While in the other thread, they are trying very hard to unlink the Nazi to their side and basically saying that it is no big deal.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

You have the same from people on the left. That's kind of the point from all these stories. Give both sides enough ammo on their "enemy" so that they ignore the same things happening on their side.

Psyop 101, give people all the ammo they want or need to feed their cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rokal

Who said that was no big deal?
It was great that our leos caught him before he could kill anyone!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I was going to go to California for a month this coming summer, but the place has just gone too stupid for me. Maybe Alberta instead, seems considerably more sane.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
lol what puss

wanna punch me? (as he is punching the smaller guy)

I'll shoot you.

heh.

total #boi 10/10

Enjoy the case coming your way, you and I both know you ain't anywhere near not gaf bout dat ^_^

Wanna talk about suing heuhe.

Thats Californias thang. ^_^
edit on 22-2-2019 by Lysergic because: fun ahead

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey Brads, tell me how TDS ain't real

^_^

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Last time I was approached/threatened by a deranged leftist? When I ventured to Portland 2 months ago while wearing a military hat that I’ve worn for the last 10 years. Hate that f@$&in city now, used to be all love and beauty.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The first guy yells... "You're encouraging violence!"... then proceeds to tear up his stuff and flip over his table... which leads to guy number 2 punching him in the face.

I sooo don't understand what it is these people stand for.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well, I don't see anyone pointing TDS as an excuse.

It's more like a CAUSE for the violence commited.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I noticed CNN conveniently did NOT run this story!

I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Nope. Assault is assault and these people deserve to be prosecuted. There's no excuse for violence, especially if the excuse is their TDS.

Violence exists on both sides of the divide, that's all I'm saying. It's pretty disingenuous to only call out one side of it. The MSM is as guilty as sin in that department and so is ATS for the most part.

I am sick to death of this. But, but, you do it too, what about your side, look at my whataboutism!!!

Deal with the existing issue. If you feel some other event is worthy of a thread, MAKE IT. But to attempt to discredit the thread by blubbering about how mean "they" are, just stop. When and if a right wing person does something wrong, he/she will be called out for it. It's called integrity, look into it.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

First appearing on November 21, 2016, Turning Point USA also operates a website called Professor Watchlist.[3] Kirk has said the site is "dedicated to documenting and exposing college professors who discriminate against conservative students, promote anti-American values, and advance leftist propaganda in the classroom."[24] Tips are accepted from the public, and more than 250 professors are currently listed.[25] The list contains many inaccuracies and includes professors listed for things they didn't exactly say or do and others listed for being rude to students or for making "clever remarks" about Trump.[26]

The website has been criticized for using surveillance type propaganda to manipulate ideas of truth, equality, and freedom.[1][27][28] Critics have compared Professor Watchlist to the actions of U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy, who tried to publicly identify American citizens as Communists and Communist sympathizers in the 1950s.[29][30] The New York Times wrote that it was "a threat to academic freedom,"[1] while Salon commented that it was "a sign of the stupidity of the post truth era."[31]

In May 2017, Northern Arizona University criminology professor Luis Fernandez said Turning Point surveillance of him had led to multiple threats.[32] In The Harvard Crimson, Harvard University Professor Danielle Allen also said she had been threatened after being targeted by Charlie Kirk and Turning Point.[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

sounds like their site might have been a good source for the nice coast guard officer to use to find more targets to murder!!

www.cnn.com...

sorry, I've seem to have lost much of my sympathy for those who feed the lunacy hoping to promote violence. seems to me, they want the violence, so they shouldn't whine when the violence comes back on them!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So, are you saying you condone violence against others?

Me, I think it is only needed as a form of self-defense when physically attacked. Verbal attack, IMO, do not warrant violence, nor is it justified for ANY such reason, regardless of politics or beliefs.

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
He was just engaging in his holy duty of bashing the fash! With the rise of literally hitlers with their red hats, such campus freedom fighters are heros!

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

because the "other side" never get reported on, and the police are working with a number of them

you should see the number of people here who defend the rightist groups attacking people, or plotting murders, assaults, and the groups actually murdering people

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

you should see the number of people here who defend the rightist groups attacking people, or plotting murders, assaults, and the groups actually murdering people

a link perhaps?

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

How often do you go outside and get assaulted by a deranged leftist? I'm betting never.

Seattle 1989
Pittsburgh 2008 & 2017

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join