It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Sandmann Files 250 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against The Washington Post

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I have never said i agree with the judge.

It was on fox news and the claim and i remember now from the ramsey case that you can not defame a minor. I would imagine there is a thread on it here. Good luck with that though.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

So no proof at all for your entire argument. You are trolling correct?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What exactly did the post report that was wrong and did they believe what they were posting at the time?

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

In fact you whole presence in this thread has been in order to troll.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: putnam6

Can you defame a minor?

Jon Benet's brother won a lawsuit that basically says so.

That was a settled suit.

The law claims minors do not have a reputation to defame.

LOL they settled because he had them by the sort curlies LOL

JUST FOR GIGGLES PERMITS REQUIREMENTS ON THE MALL
Permits & Reservations
The National Mall and Memorial Parks Division of Permits Management administers permitted activities for National Park units throughout the National Capital Region including the National Mall. Permits are required for:

Special events such as recreational activities, musical performances and celebrations;
Demonstrations such as speeches, picketing, vigils and other activities designed to communicate a message;
Special uses including any sport activities, weddings, and ceremonies; and
Commercial filming and photography

and there is this snippet from DC Peace Center about protests even if you call Covington that ....Demonstrations on public sidewalks are legally permissible without a permit so long as they don't block the walkway and fewer than 100 people are expected.

Dont think there was 100 people in the Covington group combined.

So chances are the counter-protest angle is kaput

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Can you defame a minor?

Jon Benet's brother won a lawsuit that basically says so.

That was a settled suit.

The law claims minors do not have a reputation to defame.

LOL they settled because he had them by the sort curlies LOL

JUST FOR GIGGLES PERMITS REQUIREMENTS ON THE MALL
Permits & Reservations
The National Mall and Memorial Parks Division of Permits Management administers permitted activities for National Park units throughout the National Capital Region including the National Mall. Permits are required for:

Special events such as recreational activities, musical performances and celebrations;
Demonstrations such as speeches, picketing, vigils and other activities designed to communicate a message;
Special uses including any sport activities, weddings, and ceremonies; and
Commercial filming and photography

and there is this snippet from DC Peace Center about protests even if you call Covington that ....Demonstrations on public sidewalks are legally permissible without a permit so long as they don't block the walkway and fewer than 100 people are expected.

Dont think there was 100 people in the Covington group combined.

So chances are the counter-protest angle is kaput

Don't waste your time.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nope that would be the person going around crying troll.

The law is the law.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

they settled because he had them by the sort curlies

Yes i agree but does not change the fact of the law.

I have went over the permit sites and it is different for different areas and it seems as you may be posting rules for one area and trying to apply that to other areas.

Good find but irrelevant.

Sandmann became a public figure that day and the post has the right to talk crap about him unless he can prove they did not believe what they posted and that it equates to 250 million and even then the school becomes liable for counter suits.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

they settled because he had them by the sort curlies

Yes i agree but does not change the fact of the law.

I have went over the permit sites and it is different for different areas and it seems as you may be posting rules for one area and trying to apply that to other areas.

Good find but irrelevant.

Sandmann became a public figure that day and the post has the right to talk crap about him unless he can prove they did not believe what they posted and that it equates to 250 million and even then the school becomes liable for counter suits.

LOL there are all of them at the peace site and are even less stringent than the National Mall. I'd suggest you look em up before you negotiate your contract as legal counsel for WaPo LOL Was kind of interesting seems DC has become less stringent overall in it's protest and counter protest permits as they were getting sued and losing.

www.nps.gov...

washingtonpeacecenter.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

None of what you are saying or posting seems correct. Fact is that you or anyone else needs a permit to protest on the national mall.

Eta looks like the rules may be changing also.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope he wins. The same should be done to every left-wing news media which has been colluding with the left-wing higher ups, and lower level left-wingers, of the FBI, CIA, former Obama foot soldiers etc, into deposing a dully elected President and making up false claim after false claim for over 2 years now.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So sandmanns lawyer on the tele saying that they seek to prove sandmann is a private figure and not a limited public figure. He claimed this is the heart of the suit. That is silly to say the least.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sandmann was out of line. Period. What he did was rude and indefensible. He should be punished for his actions, not rewarded. How would you like someone standing in your personal space glaring at you with a smug smirk for an extended period? I seriously doubt you would find it comfortable, much less acceptable. It's a good thing Sandmann did not do that to an alt-right white nationalist. He would have been decked, big time.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Good Luck Nick , Blood from a Stone . Maybe 4 Years in Court and you get the Bastids , but you going to Wait that Long Sir ?

Better odds than the lottery?

I think they found a lawyer that took the case on contingency of pay-out and they are hoping to settle.

Unfortunately, given Bezos's latest eff-u to the National Enquirer trying to shake him down, I don't think Bezo's is in a compromising mood anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I hope he wins. The same should be done to every left-wing news media which has been colluding with the left-wing higher ups, and lower level left-wingers, of the FBI, CIA, former Obama foot soldiers etc, into deposing a dully elected President and making up false claim after false claim for over 2 years now.

We start making it illegal for News Orgs to get a story wrong or carrying water for politicians and Fox News HQ would be raided by swat in milliseconds.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Awwwwwwwww you do not like my post.

Poor little sandmann. He is a public figure when he decided to protest. He broke the law by sticking his nose in an ongoing protest.

Thrown out in court.

Correct, I don't like your post. Did you create that law that a person who protests is a public figure? Is that enshrined in law?

No i have not made any laws. I like that you consider it a possibility though. There was a judge saying that sandmann became a limited public figure when he decided to protest in public and that allowed for the freedom of speech concerning him to go forth.
what judge ? Got a linky?
Edit: I see you are saying it was Judge Napolitano. I used to think he was decent but it looks like his “judgement” is impaired lately with TDS.
edit on 21-2-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

We start making it illegal for News Orgs to get a story wrong or carrying water for politicians and Fox News HQ would be raided by swat in milliseconds.
isnt there a difference between just getting a story wrong and deliberately misrepresenting things with shortened videos designed to
Make someone look a certain way ?

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Not that I agree, but say that did happen.

Perhaps news organizations would have to just report. . . . ummmm. . . . . . .

news.

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Awwwwwwwww you do not like my post.

Poor little sandmann. He is a public figure when he decided to protest. He broke the law by sticking his nose in an ongoing protest.

Thrown out in court.

Correct, I don't like your post. Did you create that law that a person who protests is a public figure? Is that enshrined in law?

No i have not made any laws. I like that you consider it a possibility though. There was a judge saying that sandmann became a limited public figure when he decided to protest in public and that allowed for the freedom of speech concerning him to go forth.
what judge ? Got a linky?
Edit: I see you are saying it was Judge Napolitano. I used to think he was decent but it looks like his “judgement” is impaired lately with TDS.

He does not seem to be deranged like trump.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join