It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Officials Tried To Rush Nuclear Technology To Saudis, House Panel Finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

This doesn't sound good to to me.

Yeah, it seams like a very biased report. And it's interesting that it just now gets released after the democrats took control of the house.

But I'm not in favor of helping the Saudis do anything. They're scum and bigger sponsors of terrorists than Iran could ever hope to be. Yup, don't like this at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

" Report Says "

Ex Disgruntled Trump Administration Officials trying to Stay Out of Jail for their Own Bad Choices in Life are Now coming Forward with more BS about the President to save their Chicken Sheit Necks . Who would of Thunk ? ........

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
SA is looking to build nuclear power plants, someone is going to sell them the technology. Right now SA relies 100% on oil and gas for energy, which for them isn't really an issue, but if you can reduce the cost of energy production and free up resources for additional export, its a win win situation. I'm on a conspiracy site, and I know damn well SA already has nukes, so this isn't some nefarious plan to sell SA nuke technology.

It's SA price shopping for nuclear plant technology, hey I heard they recently gave Pakistan $20billion, seeing as that is likely where they got the unofficial nukes they already have and Pakistan has nuclear plant technology, I would put some pennies on it that the aid was reciprocated with some tech.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is another Nothing Bu ut-my-eyes-were-blinded rger

House investigates 'White House plan' to share nuclear technology with Saudis

... snip ...

The report notes a complex financial connection between Kushner and the plan to build nuclear power plants in Saudi Arabia. Brookfield Asset Management, the company that eased a financial crunch for Kushner’s family by taking over a troubled Manhattan property, has acquired Westinghouse Electric, the bankrupt nuclear services company that is one of the firms participating in the Saudi nuclear deal.

Trump met with nuclear power developers at the White House just last week to discuss sharing nuclear technology with Middle Eastern countries, including Saudi Arabia.

“Further investigation is needed to determine whether the actions being pursued by the Trump administration are in the national security interest of the United States, or, rather, serve those who stand to gain financially as a result of this potential change in US foreign policy,” the committee said in its report.

... snip ...

Kushner playin' at being big, big, blliiig-bliing
jet settin', bein' bros' with Saudi Princes
Whilst having no security clearance !

Saudi "mega", overblustered, arms deals...
Little-to-no sanctions for the Kashoggi "episode'...
All viewed in plain, simple, golden delicious, daylight ...

--- off topic maybe :

People forget that the "big bad wolves"
have traditionally been Russia and China
and to a certain extent Yuurp

The Saudien friends and hangers on
have managed to cling on to ..
wait for it ...

The last two Republican Présidents
What do the Saudis have on republicans
what do the russians have on ... oh, my god !

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Saudi collusion now, eh?
I guess even Mr Cummings has grown bored of the Russian collusion delusion.
On to the next one.
At this point thee is no sh** that stuck to the wall, so may as well throw another lump.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is just really out there:

Time after time senior NSC Official 1 and career ethics officials(people who know the law) say "What the hell? NSC personnel will no longer spend their time advancing the profits of this consortium of private business."

As soon as they leave the room, it's like "Okay, carry on, we have the go ahead, you all heard it. Right?"

 March 28, 2017:

Frances Fragos Townsend—the Homeland Security Advisor under President George W. Bush and a Director on IP3’s Board—contacted White House Homeland Security Advisor Thomas Bossert about the Middle East Marshall Plan.

Ms. Townsend subsequently sent NSC staff several documents: (1) an overview of the Middle East Marshall Plan that appeared to be produced by IP3; (2) a document entitled “The Trump Middle East Marshall Plan (White Paper by Tom Barrack)” dated March 10, 2017; (3) the letter that IP3 leaders Mr. McFarlane, General Keane, Rear Admiral Hewitt, and General Alexander addressed to Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on March 17, 2017; and (4) the January 1, 2017, letter to Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman signed by IP3 leaders General Alexander, General Keane, Bud McFarlane, and Rear Admiral Hewitt, as well as the chief executives of six companies: Exelon Corporation, Toshiba Energy, Bechtel Corporation, Centrus, GE Power, and Siemens USA.

Mr. Barrack’s white paper stated: “The President will appoint a special representative for the Trump Middle East Marshall Plan with the diplomatic rank of ambassador or special advisor the President.” It also stated that the Special Envoy should “coordinate and work hand-in-hand” with government officials, including Mr. Kushner. The white paper stated that the President should implement the Middle East Marshall Plan through an executive order. It described the Special Envoy as building “long-line relationships with U.S. private sector leaders acting as their expediter in clearing the traditional regional and regulatory hurdles to their participation” and “trusted relationships with top leaders of GCC countries, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, and Iraq.”

pg 17

"clearing the traditional regional and regulatory hurdles to their participation" Hurdles like U.S. Law.

So basically, by executive order, the POTUS is going to bypass the Atomic Energy Act(AEA) requirements stating Congress has the responsibility to approve or disapprove.

Under the AEA, Congress has the opportunity to review a nuclear cooperation agreement for two time periods totaling 90 days of continuous session.8 The President must submit the text of the proposed agreement, along with required supporting documents (including the unclassified NPAS) to the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. The President is to consult with the committees “for a period of not less than 30 days of continuous session.” After this period of consultation, the President is to submit the agreement to Congress, along with the classified annex to the NPAS and a statement of his approval of the agreement and determination that it will not damage U.S. national security interests. This action begins the second period, which consists of 60 days of continuous session. In practice, the President has sent the agreement to Congress at the beginning of the full 90-day period, which begins on the date of transmittal. Typically, the 60-day period has immediately followed the expiration of the 30-day period. The President transmits the text of the proposed agreement along with a letter of support with a national security determination, the unclassified NPAS, its classified annex, and letters of support for the agreement from the Secretary of State and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

If the President has not exempted the agreement from any requirements of Section 123a., it may enter into force after the end of the 60-day period unless, during that time, Congress adopts a joint resolution disapproving the agreement and the resolution becomes law. If the agreement is an exempted agreement, Congress must adopt a joint resolution of approval and it must become law by the end of the 60-day period or the agreement may not enter into force. At the beginning of this 60-day period, joint resolutions of approval or disapproval, as appropriate, are to be automatically introduced in each house. During this period, the committees are to hold hearings on the proposed agreement and “submit a report to their respective bodies recommending whether...
page 3

Nuclear Cooperation with Other Countries: A Primer

edit on 19-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So, Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. And SA is a state sponsor of terrorism. Democrats are ok with one having nuclear energy, and not the other.

Maybe neither should have it?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why is Trump always being investigated for things that 'could' have happened'?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Meh... should they of course not, but can you name an administration (in our lifetime) that haven't given or sold sensitive information to people that are not our friends.

No, you provide information and links to back up your accusations first.

First you tell me who I accused that I need to back up my claim?

I can think of 3 different times off the top of my head and If m obtuse butt knows of that many I am sure there are more.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: mikell
As I understand Russia was in the middle saying HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

If you read several sources it's a non story about talks that didn't go anywhere

Wonder if Uranium-1 was supplying the power rods ? roflol 😆

Trump wanted to give them a sweet deal .

Buy one get one (power) Rod free!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Saudi collusion now, eh?

It's not even collusion. It's literally selling our state secrets to the highest bidder. The same nation that funded 9/11. The same nation that just murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy. The President's Son-in-Law is working directly with them to do this. The same son-in-law who had his security clearance revoked before having it reinstated by his father-in-law, the President.

Trump is literally selling this country out for his own profit.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Saudi collusion now, eh?

It's not even collusion. It's literally selling our state secrets to the highest bidder. The same nation that funded 9/11. The same nation that just murdered a Turkish journalist in their own embassy. The President's Son-in-Law is working directly with them to do this. The same son-in-law who had his security clearance revoked before having it reinstated by his father-in-law, the President.

That is because there are no checks and balances in place to stop this from happening.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Saudi collusion now, eh?

nuclear power plants are not state secrets though.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga

Trump supporter upon this news if Trump is president: 4D chess, fake news, deep state. He’s just triggering you

Trump supporter if done by Obama: take him to trial, Obama is a madman ... etc

As soon as we can have a logical conversation about topics here not sure why they continue to come up. This will just get drowned in Trump Supporter logic.

Yep. Regardless of topic this is the exact mentality.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Says people with the mentality that anything he does is wrong, and will surely be his undoing this time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join