It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Officials Tried To Rush Nuclear Technology To Saudis, House Panel Finds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm very surprised this wasn't posted earlier. Practically a conspiracy in itself. lol

I'll let the article speak for itself. However I'll just give a brief summary.

It looks like Michael Flynn and Thomas Barrack were pushing to send nuclear tech to SA. And kept doing so after ethics advisors told them to stop. Also told them there were conflicts of interest. Barrack kept pushing the plan after Flynn's firing. Multiple whistleblowers came forward and alerted the House Oversight Committee.

Trump Officials Tried To Rush Nuclear Technology To Saudis, House Panel Finds

Former Trump Adviser Pushed Saudi Nuclear-Plant Plan, Report Says

The Trump administration sought to rush the transfer of American nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia in potential violation of the law, a new report from the House Oversight and Reform Committee alleges.

Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings' staff issued an "interim staff" report Tuesday, citing "multiple whistleblowers" who raised ethical and legal concerns about the process.

"They have warned about political appointees ignoring directives from top ethics advisers at the White House who repeatedly and unsuccessfully ordered senior Trump administration officials to halt their efforts," the report states. "They have also warned of conflicts of interest among top White House advisers that could implicate federal criminal statutes."

edit on 19-2-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

"potential violation"
" could implicate"
"The committee's report alleges"

Mr By Any Means necessary, Elijah Cummings, of the party that promised to launch all kinds of new investigations when they got house control, is starting a new investigation.

Call me gobsmacked.

"The committee announced that it intends to launch an investigation into this matter "

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The ones trying to push for nuclear power in Saudi Arabia should be charged with treason.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As I understand Russia was in the middle saying HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

If you read several sources it's a non story about talks that didn't go anywhere

link   

If you read several sources it's a non story about talks that didn't go anywhere

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Cummings' report seems more like a CNN/MSNBC op-ed.

This was for nuclear power generators right? roflol πŸ˜†

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Wonder if Uranium-1 was supplying the power rods ? roflol πŸ˜†

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

The lobbyists in our country and Saudis have been pushing hard to get a reactor built there for years. There are many for it actually in our country if there is money to be made.

They are still pushing for it.

www.bloomberg.com...

Saudis Enlist Washington Lobbyists in Bid for Nuclear Plants

The usual excuse is, if we do not do it, the Russians will.
The same excuse used to arm the Saudis so they can give the weapons to their jihadis, otherwise Russia will arm them.

edit on 19-2-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Burrrp!!

What the heck

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Trump supporter upon this news if Trump is president: 4D chess, fake news, deep state. He’s just triggering you

Trump supporter if done by Obama: take him to trial, Obama is a madman ... etc

As soon as we can have a logical conversation about topics here not sure why they continue to come up. This will just get drowned in Trump Supporter logic.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm very surprised this wasn't posted earlier. Practically a conspiracy in itself.

We're waiting for Trump to tweet out to us what to think about it.

Oh wait! I can read!
Multiple Whistleblowers Raise Grave Concerns with White House Efforts to Transfer Sensitive U.S. Nuclear Technology to Saudi Arabia

Interim Staff Report Committee on Oversight and Reform U.S. House of Representatives

Appendix A – Documents

Letter to Whitehouse

edit on 19-2-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I wonder what the Solar Lobby stance is on this outrage ?

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Meh... should they of course not, but can you name an administration (in our lifetime) that haven't given or sold sensitive information to people that are not our friends.
edit on 19-2-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings' staff issued an "interim staff" report Tuesday, citing "multiple whistleblowers" who raised ethical and legal concerns about the process.

I take anything that HACK says with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Take a read of the report:

Zero to no damaging information. A lot of conjecture.

Their conclusion? They do not know whether the administration's moves are in the national security interest of the United States or if they serve those who stand to gain financially.

Further investigation is needed to determine whether the actions being pursued by the Trump Administration are in the national security interest of the United States or, rather, serve those who stand to gain financially as a result of this potential change in U.S. foreign policy.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Meh... should they of course not, but can you name an administration (in our lifetime) that haven't given or sold sensitive information to people that are not our friends.

No, you provide information and links to back up your accusations first.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

"potential violation"
" could implicate"
"The committee's report alleges"

Mr By Any Means necessary, Elijah Cummings, of the party that promised to launch all kinds of new investigations when they got house control, is starting a new investigation.

Call me gobsmacked.

"The committee announced that it intends to launch an investigation into this matter "

Innocent until proven guilty, thus the wording is correct pending an investigation and conviction in court.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Nuclear technology, as in nuclear energy...yes?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join