It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really going on with the Measles ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OK I understand vaccines have a bit to do with it but wasn't measles eradicated ? Are we being kept in the dark about a pandemic about to burst ? I'm wondering if this could be a different strain set loose by climate change or has a weapons grade strain been set free either on purpose or by accident .

Or is this a scare tactic to get some new type of vaccine into our veins - Nowadays I'm just not very trusting and down right questioning anything that we are told we need especially when it goes into our veins .

"As of Friday, more than 270 people across the country, mostly small children, have been infected by the super contagious and sometimes deadly pathogen, measles, in ongoing outbreaks since last fall.

In New York City, the virus has been spreading since September among Orthodox Jews, some of whom reject vaccines on behalf of their children because of unfounded safety concerns. In Washington, mistrust of health officials and pharmaceutical companies appears to be driving parents to opt out, leading to 62 cases since January 1. (Nearly one in four kindergartners isn’t vaccinated at the outbreak’s epicenter, Clark County.) There are also cases in Texas, Oregon, and western and southern New York State.

These outbreaks will cost states and the federal government millions of dollars to contain. They’ll distract from other important public health programs. Most importantly, they’ll put people who can’t be immunized — people allergic to vaccines, newborn babies — at risk.

[...]

VOX

CDC

Tens of thousands madagascar

Philippines says 136
edit on 2/18/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 18 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags and trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Measles was eradicated in the US.... In 1999-2001 there were only 15 cases of Measles in the US.

Take a guess where cases started showing up again...................

California!

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't remember measles being eradicated. I think I had it when I was a little kid.

The anti-vaxer folks shouldn't be that big of a deal, but when we have all these illegal immigrants flooding the country bringing their diseases with them. This is what we get.

But I think it's just a symptom of a larger problem. All the safety features on everything, the coddling of kids, advances in medicine and medical research and technology.

All this has lead to all the stupid and weak kids who wouldn't have survived to adulthood are now surviving and having weak stupid kids of their own. They all have some kind of stupid allergy or medical condition, or some kind of mental health problem, they're all doped up o nuppers and downers and who knows what.

We've seriously weakened the gene pool.

We're over due for a good Spanish Flu or Black Plague to cull the herd.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Measles was eradicated in the US.... In 1999-2001 there were only 15 cases of Measles in the US.

California!

But here’s the most frustrating part: This is all entirely avoidable. By 2000, thanks to the measles vaccine, the virus had been eliminated in the US. It’s absurd that outbreaks have reappeared, yet there’s a single reason why: Too many states make it way too easy for parents to avoid vaccines on behalf of their kids.

Um...

If outbreaks have reappeared and the virus had been eliminated in the US, then where is it coming from?

It could be entirely avoided if we had a working immigration policy...

So another anti-vaxx article that doesn't address the problem in the first place... that we are willfully importing it.

I'm seeing the real reason appears to be open borders...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sorry. I guess I should be more patient. 😊

edit on 18-2-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

edit on 18-2-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

They almost erradicated it in the US but not completely. Vaccines have everything to do with it. It's not a super strain it's just a fact that it's highly contagious and people are opting out of protecting themselves and their children. Add that to the fact that people from other countries can bring it in and it's no surprise that you see outbreaks. It's also no surprise that in states with higher vaccination rates and lower tourist rates you see almost no cases. Example being Mississippi.

Vaccines save lives and the data is overwhelming to that point. In the US before the vaccine almost half a million reports of the measles were reported each year with a probability that millions of cases weren't even reported because it was considered a childhood disease like chicken pox so parents just let it run the course. On that note even if like you said in your op your suspicious of whether it's a new strain possibly made by 'TBTB' or something to get more vaccines in you. You would still be better off to get the new vaccine than to opt out. Pretty much if your suspicions are true, and I doubt it in this case no offense meant, they still got you by the gonads.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

There seems to be a lot of blame put on immigrants and, while it's true that people coming from another country are often bringing bacteria and viruses not present in the receiving country, we often forget (because we're rarely told) that vaccine shedding is a thing. People who just received a live-virus inoculation are still able to transmit that virus to someone else, especially if the live-virus was able to mutate and bypass the vaccination of the receiving person.

If it mutates, the inoculation can become useless. We see evidence of this in the massive number of flu vaccinations/strain mutations.

If you get a live-virus vaccination, make sure you know how long you're to avoid contact and exposure otherwise you risk exposing a contagion to the people who can't get inoculations. The people that herd immunity is purported to assist.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

California!

But here’s the most frustrating part: This is all entirely avoidable. By 2000, thanks to the measles vaccine, the virus had been eliminated in the US. It’s absurd that outbreaks have reappeared, yet there’s a single reason why: Too many states make it way too easy for parents to avoid vaccines on behalf of their kids.

Um...

If outbreaks have reappeared and the virus had been eliminated in the US, then where is it coming from?

Um...

Just maybe it came from people travelling overseas... did you ever think of that?

Perhaps... but then again, perhaps not.

Australia's got one of the most strictest immigration policies in the western world and a literal ocean that protects our borders... Didn't stop us from just recently having a measles outbreak as well though.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

California!

Don't forget OR too being a anti vaccine state. There has been 61 cases here this year and in all cases the people have not been vaccinated. Some areas in OR are under 70% vaccinated.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Measles was never eradicated.

look up the "Measles paradox" even in fully vaccinated populations measles still pops up every now and then...

"The apparent paradox is that as measles immunization rates rise to high levels in a population, measles becomes a disease of immunized persons. Because of the failure rate of the vaccine and the unique transmissibility of the measles virus, the currently available measles vaccine, used in a single-dose strategy, is unlikely to completely eliminate measles. The long-term success of a two-dose strategy to eliminate measles remains to be determined"

www.researchgate.net... _persons

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Lumenari

California!

Um...

Um...

Just maybe it came from people travelling overseas... did you ever think of that?

Perhaps... but then again, perhaps not.

Australia's got one of the most strictest immigration policies in the western world and a literal ocean that protects our borders... Didn't stop us from just recently having a measles outbreak as well though.

The Washington outbreak was exactly because of overseas travel.

I also want to point out that Fitzgerald was forced to resign last year as head of the CDC for owning MERK stock (producer of the MMR vaccine) as well as stock in a tobacco company, and when Gerberding stepped down as CDC head to become MERK’s vaccine division president it is a serious conflict of interest.

And I don’t blame people for mistrusting the CDC and vaccine schedules when public safety is possibly at risk because of those conflicts of interest.

We accept today cigarettes lead to cancer despite direct evidence, and we laugh at the idea that doctors used to advertise for them. We see how big tobacco was working against our health for profit.
I don’t understand why we aren’t as concerned w the CDC and vaccines when big pharma clearly has them in their back pocket.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

What I've been concerned about is vaccinations and the rise of autism in our children....

But just call me a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

California!

Where did you get the info it started in CA? I guess People gotta hate.

Cases in those states occurred primarily among unvaccinated people in Orthodox Jewish communities. These outbreaks were associated with travelers who brought measles back from Israel, where a large outbreak is occurring. Eighty-two people brought measles to the U.S. from other countries in 2018.

They say from Wash state
abcnews.go.com...

Few further details have been released about that specific individual, including his or her age or what country the person had traveled from before arriving in Washington. Lindquist did say that health officials "have a good sense of who was the first case.

Measles Cases in 2019. From January 1 to February 7, 2019, 101** individual cases of measles have been confirmed in 10 states. The states that have reported cases to CDC are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. *Cases as of December 29, 2018.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And we are just starting 2019 bet we top 2014 this year . Looking at the chart why was there a huge spike in 2014 and lower counts afterwards , Just by looking at that chart you can see It has nothing to do with who was or is vaccinated .

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

FYI: The measles vaccine does not work on everyone. Both of my kids (now grown with their own kids) were vaccinated for all childhood illnesses except chicken pox as that was not available until they were teens and it was already too late- they caught them and developed immunity the old fashioned way. Back then there was no "opting out"... either your kids were vaccinated or they weren't allowed to attend school. Despite being vaccinated both of my kids STILL got the measles. Pretty sure they got them from someone at school since nobody they were around otherwise ever had them. Their pediatrician told me that they were in the small percentage of kids for whom the vaccine did not create antibodies in their systems. Later we found out that the hepatitus series of vaccines also did not create antibodies for them either. That is one of the many reasons why it is so important for ALL of the kids to be vaccinated because it not only protects them but helps to protect those kids who are unable to take the vaccines or for whom the vaccine does not create antibodies.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

small pox was eradicated, measles wasn't. In late stages, measles is one of the most contagious diseases around. Thanks anti-vax morons for aiding in bringing back a plague.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think what is most instructive in the hype is what is not being said...

How many have died? None.

How many have suffered debilitating lifelong effects? No mention.

It's just handwringing over how contagious it is... fear mongering... and who benefits? Merck for one.

Vaccines and Autism: Expert Exposes DOJ Vaccine Fraud

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join