It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats really going on with the Measles ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It could be entirely avoided if we had a working immigration policy...

So another anti-vaxx article that doesn't address the problem in the first place... that we are willfully importing it.

I'm seeing the real reason appears to be open borders...

So it's the fault of open borders and immigrants, not the people who willfully fail to vaccinate?

That's the most absurd and ignorant thing I've heard lately, but I'm not surprised I heard it here.

Immigrants are bringing in disease, infesting the country! Get real with that propaganda.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, California … land of the 'let everyone in' … 'pull the national guard back from the border', and all that other pro-measles type policy.

Measles isn't the only infectious disease issue California is currently having either, just saying.

As Forest Gump would say: "Stupid is as stupid does"....

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It is extremely contagious. That's why before the vaccine it practically effected every person. 1 out of roughly 3000 die from it. I remember my grandmother talking about it as if it was just a thing every kid caught. So are you saying because no one's dead it's not a problem? If you are then what happens if it does get out of control and people start dying. Particularly young people. Infants that are too young to be vaccinated? School kids where it's most likely to spread?

As for your link to the fraud of vaccines and to Dr. Zimmerman he didn't expose anything. If you read the article and the quotes from him he mentions several times what his "opinion" of "specific" cases were. Opinions amount to nothing when talking about scientific evidence. Your link seems to be fear mongering against vaccines yet millions upon millions of people caught measles before the vaccine and this is only hundreds atm. The cause of such low numbers of infected and the fact that no ones died from it stands up to the validity and the effacacy of the vaccine. On the other hand a decade old opinion that it might cause autism, something we've taken big strides in identifying causes of and treating in the last ten years, falls pretty short in my "opinion."

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It could be entirely avoided if we had a working immigration policy...

So another anti-vaxx article that doesn't address the problem in the first place... that we are willfully importing it.

I'm seeing the real reason appears to be open borders...

So it's the fault of open borders and immigrants, not the people who willfully fail to vaccinate?

That's the most absurd and ignorant thing I've heard lately, but I'm not surprised I heard it here.

Immigrants are bringing in disease, infesting the country! Get real with that propaganda.

The "propaganda" you are referring to is coming from Border Patrol agents, the CDC and the WHO.

But don't let pesky facts get in your way...

And you forgot to call me racist.

There's a growing health concern over illegal immigrants bringing infectious diseases into the United States. Approximately 500,000 legal immigrants and 80,000 refugees come to the United States each year, and an additional 700,000 illegal immigrants enter annually, and three-quarters of these illegal immigrants come from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.

Legal immigrants and refugees are required to have a medical examination for migration to the United States, while they are still overseas. This is the responsibility of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which provide instructions to the Panel Physicians who conduct the medical exams. The procedure consists of a physical examination, an evaluation (skin test/chest x-ray examination) for tuberculosis (TB), and blood test for syphilis. Requirements for vaccination are based on recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.

Individuals who fail the exam due to certain health-related conditions are not admitted to the United States. Such conditions include drug addiction or communicable diseases of public health significance such as TB, syphilis, gonorrhoea, leprosy, and a changing list of current threats such as polio, cholera, diphtheria, smallpox, or severe acute respiratory syndromes. Illegal immigrants crossing into the United States could bring any of these threats, however. Southern Texas Border Patrol agent Chris Cabrera warns: "What's coming over into the US could harm everyone. We are starting to see scabies, chicken pox, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections, and different viruses."

Propaganda link for you..

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah, California … land of the 'let everyone in' … 'pull the national guard back from the border', and all that other pro-measles type policy.

Measles isn't the only infectious disease issue California is currently having either, just saying.

As Forest Gump would say: "Stupid is as stupid does"....

Wait, wut? Man, everyone must be misreading that article.

Orthodox Jews on the east coast brought it in from Israel, so obviously it was introduced by the illegals in California!

Makes about as much sense as "the cost of Big Macs went up because of Stephen Hawking."

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I agree with your statement. Actually I'm quite shocked at the replies to this thread pointing blame to immigrants so quickly. What about the 250,000,000 people who visit california every year? But oh no 500,000 illegal "dirty disease ridden"
imagrants a year... oh no they're attacking us we dont have an army to fight back... oh wait we do. The imagrants are killing us with diseases and we dont have a way to fight back... oh wait we do!

I live in british columbia. I'm sickened over how poorly we've vaccinated our population. We're at 88 ish percent vaccinated for measles in 2018. If theres an outbreak it's our fault for being stupid. We'll pay for it and it's our fault. Some of the cases reported were because someone left the country, caught it and brought it back. I wouldn't blame other countries for not vaccinating properly. I blame the person who didn't vaccinate themselves and came back and spread it to KIDS. YES KIDS in a school who didn't get their vaccination. And I blame the parents who didn't vaccinate their kids. They all have measles because of very poor life choices by them or people in charge of them. Its f'n sad and I hope the 8 cases doesn't escalate the same way I hope all the cases in the states dont escalate.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: confound

Of course it's contagious. And people get the measles and live through it all the time. And then they have GENUINE immunity to the disease. Forever and ever. Like me and my kids.

Mind blowing, ain't it?

As for your very inaccurate depiction of the article, is this just gaslighting on your part? Because the article very clearly explained that the declaration by the doctor was GROSSLY misrepresented by the DOJ. Specifically, whereas the doctor declared that the MMR vaccine did not cause autism in one and only one specific girl, the doctor also said -- and clarified to DOJ attorneys -- that the MMR vaccine does cause autism in some kids. The DOJ attorneys knew exactly what the doctor meant, because the doctor made sure they knew. The DOJ attorneys then refused to let him testify to the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth.

It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Nooooo.

Sorry,

that is what trump is telling you they are saying.

Of course you can always get one or two who will agree with the moron... Proof here every day.

Doesnt make it true.

As a matter of fact if you just start by assuming that anything he says is wrong you will be right 99% of the time.

And now you reveal yet another aspect..... anti vaxers are all idiots.

and autism.... an excuse for a socially awkward child these days. No one ever even heard of it when I was a kid.
You know.... when everyone vaccinated their kids because they cared that they not get sick and die.
If vaccines caused autism then there would be way more amongst the baby boomers... there isnt.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Not saying California is letting in the measles with their illegals, per se, but they ARE letting in a bunch of measles-naïve, (unvaccinated, culture media) people, ready to flame the fans of any epidemic.

Infectious diseases are coming with the illegals though, like Chagas disease, among others ....

And California is having typhus problems and hepatitis in their homeless.

You would think they might change their policies? But ... uh ... not yet!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
That is one of the many reasons why it is so important for ALL of the kids to be vaccinated because it not only protects them but helps to protect those kids who are unable to take the vaccines or for whom the vaccine does not create antibodies.

That comment not only doesn't make sense, it is highly illogical.

Herd immunity is a farcical theory that is easily disproven when you look at countries like China where vaccination rates are as high as 99% and they still have outbreaks.

Measles scare-mongering (you're gonna die!!!) only became a thing when measles vaccine marketing was begun.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: confound
a reply to: Boadicea

It is extremely contagious. That's why before the vaccine it practically effected every person. 1 out of roughly 3000 die from it.

This is that ridiculous statistic that is thrown out, without considering the source.

Sorry, but lumping in the death stats from third world countries - where people are starving and dying from malnutrition, AIDS and other diseases - with those from the US and other 1st world countries, is disengenuous at best, outright criminal fraud at worst.

I remember my grandmother talking about it as if it was just a thing every kid caught.

Exactly, and it was nothing to be afraid of, because virtually no one ever had serious complications from it, much less died.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What is wrong with people. This is nothing ti do with illegal immigrants. It's because of anti vaxxers not giving a # about their kids. Dear lord some people are such sheeple.

posted on Mar, 2 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Measles was never eradicated. There are outbreaks every year in North America. Most diseases wax every 2-3 years. This is that year. Two years ago it was mumps. I think the elephant in the room is that most cases, about 70% were in fully vaccinated people. They're declaring it an emergency so they can push legislation through. So instead of dealing with the fact that the vaccine is ineffective, they're pushing it on everyone, and I for one will love to sit back and watch as people will STILL get measles, and finally realize the vaccine doesn't work very well. Heard about the Scarlett Fever outbreak last year, THOUSANDS of cases in the UK. That's not an emergency? No, you didn't hear about it because there's no vaccine for it that they can push.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is an article of interest. Now this article states that it increases our risk to viruses, but also leaves open increased risk to many other diseases. medicalxpress.com...

It seems that the FDA does not even do much research on the chemicals it allows then also promotes people to get vaccinated. Read this article, I am sure there are other chemicals used that do this too. TBHQ does not have to be listed on the label so it is hard to know what it is in. But one of the companies that sells it in the USA, called TBHQ, sells a hundred twenty metric tons of it in this country, and it is not the only company that sells it.

I read some other articles that show that most people, ninety percent of the people in the USA from one article, exceed the daily maximum to this chemical. It is water soluble so you do pee it out as long as you have proper electrolyte levels in your body. There may be a lot of people getting the flu because of the presence of chemicals like this in our foods. Even some food colorings contain quite a bit of this chemical.

It probably needs a thread of it's own but I am not much for starting threads, I usually will start one if it is unrelated to anything, but this is directly related to this thread and it is not an old thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: confound

If you want scientific evidence, please refer to "Miller's Review of Critical Vaccine Studies". No propaganda; just 400 published studies.

edit on 27-4-2019 by drussell41 because: xyz

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I think what is most instructive in the hype is what is not being said...

How many have died? None.

How many have suffered debilitating lifelong effects? No mention.

It's just handwringing over how contagious it is... fear mongering... and who benefits? Merck for one.

Vaccines and Autism: Expert Exposes DOJ Vaccine Fraud

The charts everyone posts make it pretty clear that no scientist would correlate the up and down to any vaccine trend or anti-vaxxers though the media has no problem doing that.

If anyone wants to go back and see what the general feeling about measles in the US was, go watch the Brady Bunch episode where they all got it and you will see that it wasn't treated as some scary disease wiping out kids left and right.

If anything, the flu is far more deadly killing 20,000-80,000 in the US annually as opposed to single digits if any from the measles.

I am not anti vaxx, but the hyped up scare-tactics are incredibly market driven and can be traced right back to Pharma. Chicken pox and measles were no big deal when I was a kid, and now the language used in the media makes it out like ebola.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have always straddled the fence on vaccinations but one thing I have noticed is that the Pro Vaccination crowd is always the first to start throwing venom and hatred around.
Its nearly impossible to have a conversation on the topic.

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Interesting though that even WHO admit there have been more cases even though more people are vaccinated.

www.euro.w... ho.int/en/media-centre/sections/press-releases/2019/measles-in-europe-record-number-of-both-sick-and-immunized

posted on Apr, 27 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I forgot about the Brady Bunch measles episode!!! And right you are. Not exactly the health crisis we're made to believe it is today. But just look at the comments here. Once us old folks are gone -- those of us who actually remember the measles and actually had the measles -- there will only be those left who have been programmed that measles are an automatic death sentence.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join