It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

britain buys military hardware from america it is not aid, it is trade, we don't need you here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i was in another thread, fiercely smug american spoke of 'military aid' to britain, what a load of bollocks, it is trade. i asked do they call it aid when buying something at the gun store. same thing, we buy american hardware, we also sell to saudi, that is not aid, it is trade.

we don't need you, most dirty russian money is tied up in london and putin wants us to buy his gas, he ain't invading anytime soon so go, i am not grateful for any american bases here i would prefer you to piss off.
the only power russia has is more nuclear weapons than us, but if they attacked we would take out moscow with ours and putin knows that, he also knows in a straight fight the royal navy would crush russia's leaky crap navy.

oh, and if putin tried an invasion by dropping paratroops, good luck flying enough in to battle our 80,000 regular army, and 20,000 reserves, RAF would make a field day taking out transport planes, he hasn't got enough lol, we don't need you america, you need our strategic location, I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

You Europeans sure like to complain.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Not sure how you buying weapons is considered aid by anyone..

But to be honest I dont want American troops or weapons in your country either.
I believe we have certain obligations under NATO to remain in Britain.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Alright then, have a pint and forget about that guy.

Also don't say you don't need us. You're gonna need a trade partner when the EU goes full blown fascist authoritarian.
edit on 18 2 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

if i was trump i would pull them out of germany as well, get them on the southern border defending your country

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
i was in another thread, fiercely smug american spoke of 'military aid' to britain, what a load of bollocks, it is trade. i asked do they call it aid when buying something at the gun store. same thing, we buy american hardware, we also sell to saudi, that is not aid, it is trade.

we don't need you, most dirty russian money is tied up in london and putin wants us to buy his gas, he ain't invading anytime soon so go, i am not grateful for any american bases here i would prefer you to piss off.
the only power russia has is more nuclear weapons than us, but if they attacked we would take out moscow with ours and putin knows that, he also knows in a straight fight the royal navy would crush russia's leaky crap navy.

oh, and if putin tried an invasion by dropping paratroops, good luck flying enough in to battle our 80,000 regular army, and 20,000 reserves, RAF would make a field day taking out transport planes, he hasn't got enough lol, we don't need you america, you need our strategic location, I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

I get where you are coming from!

I always thought it was stupid to have a war with a country to gain our independence and then turn around later and save it from being bombed back into the stone age.

We should have let Hitler roll through and then mopped up after.

At least then we wouldn't have to deal with the crappy attitude now.

But hey... hopefully we as a country have learned from our mistakes and we won't get into your silly wars next time.

Then when your island is wiped clean, we'll come back after and put a few nice theme parks there.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

looking forward to trading with you guys after leaving the eu, i am glad trump is your president, a businessman, sure he will drive a hard bargain but he is hungry for the trade and can get stuff done fast

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

classic smug attitude lol, britain doesn't need your bases now, you just need us for strategic location, we can defend ourselves from russia, he ain't gonna try it, and without american troops on our soil, go home smug yanks

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

if i was trump i would pull them out of germany as well, get them on the southern border defending your country

As I said above, we have certain obligations under treaty to keep troops in Europe as part of nato.
That and the president cant put troops on our border without permission from the states.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Alright then, have a pint and forget about that guy.
haha that is exactly what i am going to do now, will be back later to see how many americans have got angry with me over the op lol. remember, attack the post not the poster

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Your current OP seems a departure from some of your previous OP's

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

seems like the nato rules are screwing you guys then, britain certainly doesn't need you here

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

i am all for maga, this is just specific about american bases in britain which we don't need, in the other thread which inspired this i was even supporting trump. still the smug american came in giving it all military aid and we should be grateful, we don't need you here and us buying hardware from you is not aid.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Plotus

i am all for maga, this is just specific about american bases in britain which we don't need, in the other thread which inspired this i was even supporting trump. still the smug american came in giving it all military aid and we should be grateful, we don't need you here and us buying hardware from you is not aid.
Yes, Agreed...

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I always thought it was stupid to have a war with a country to gain our independence and then turn around later and save it from being bombed back into the stone age.

But hey... hopefully we as a country have learned from our mistakes and we won't get into your silly wars next time.

Then when your island is wiped clean, we'll come back after and put a few nice theme parks there.

You are kinda right but just as wrong as the OP, he was being a bit silly and you just did the exact same silly thing
There were so many wiser humbler and decent comments before yours, pity you didn’t learn a bit of what your country men had written

Britain has always stood by the US, been a solid trade partner, will always help and should be helped.

But they are a bunch of whiners and have always been, well mostly
Bit sad really

Oh, I am in Australia, we don’t need you but love good company, friends, and any beer you bring. Shrimp on the barbie, don’t be strangers.
If you have some spare aid, could probably find something to do with it, not going to say “no”
edit on 18-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'd worry less about defending yourself from russia, staring intently at them while waiting for "their move" makes it so you can't see the soldiers walking in through your back door.

America will be there again, in the future, if britain decides it wants to de ME itself.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
britain buys military hardware from america it is not aid, it is trade, we don't need you here

Alright then.

Deal with Russia and China all by yourselves.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

As usual, a typically incorrect and biased viewpoint of history gained through watching far too many Hollywood movies and reading far too few history books.

You saved us from nothing.
For two years the US was quite content with profiteering from both sides of the war.
It wasn't until Japan and then by extension Germany forced your hand and declared war on you that you actually did anything.
War was forced upon you.

Sure, once you had no option you went all in and without your aid the war would have dragged on for years but you were hardly the Knight in Shining Armour.

That is in no way intended to disrespect the huge service and debt of gratitude we ALL owe to those who served and for the too many who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

After the war the US helped rebuild Germany whilst demanding huge repayments from their so called UK Allies.

He'd already given up on Operation Sea Lion, conceded defeat in The Battle of Britain prior to the US's forced entry in to the war.

The crappy attitude is from Americans who believe the world owes it some sort of debt....fortunately I know enough of them to know that this isn't typical of all Americans.

No, you've become quite adept at carrying out your own and even coercing other nations into joining you.

Ha ha.
Many have tried, none have succeeded.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

classic smug attitude lol, britain doesn't need your bases now, you just need us for strategic location, we can defend ourselves from russia, he ain't gonna try it, and without american troops on our soil, go home smug yanks

Like you could defend yourself from the Nazis?

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For the record; I like America and I like Americans.

I think the world would be a far worse place without them and the role they have chosen to play on the world stage.

Sure, they've made mistakes....but its a thankless job and one where choosing the lesser of two evils is sometimes necessary and doesn't always paint you in a good light.

I dislike the 'we saved your ass' bollocks....but all in all I like them and wish to continue trading with them and continue with our mutually beneficial agreements.

Eventually you'll return to the family fold and we'll welcome you with open arms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join