It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

britain buys military hardware from america it is not aid, it is trade, we don't need you here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

Well, I would take us over Gyppos or Eastern Europeans. Or Jihadi teenage baby factories.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

the average American IQ it's not a number anymore, it's a bunch of cartoon characters screaming out "America fhuck yeah!' The ones who blindly scream the loudest are the smarter ones and so on.

Dont expect any rationale in criticism

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

lol, i get on with the polish, czech, and slovakians, lithuanians as well, but romanians and bulgarians not so much, they seem a tight knit group and stereotype i know, do the most crime here, even the other eu folk don't like them

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Well, I would take us over Gyppos or Eastern Europeans. Or Jihadi teenage baby factories

Every single #ing time mate.
I couldn't possibly agree any more.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

what about canadians? they are pretty cool as well when they stop being all polite and start having a laugh, if it wasn't for america defending them we could take them in a day, reclaim it, loads of natural resources lol

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?
Speaking as a person of English/Irish/Finnish descent I love my European brothers and sisters. I would very much like to visit the homelands of my ancestors and immerse in the rich cultural and historic atmosphere.
I for one apologize for the ignorance displayed by some of my countrymen and pray for many more centuries of peaceful and prosperous coexistence.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeropinion

i think we do get along, just one guy wound me up in another thread, classic cocky and smug american, he's like it in every thread, thinks we should be grateful lol, but me saying we don't actually want american bases here damages his narrative.
i have spoken to loads of mates and we all agree, britain doesn't need american forces here, you need the strategic position of being here.
we are a nuclear power with a navy which can easily beat the russians in a straight fight, and they haven't got enough transport planes or paratroops to do an air invasion, we don't need american bases here at all so telling me we should be grateful is just bull#.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse . . . . we don't need you, . . . . we don't need you america, you need our strategic location, I'd be happy for you to piss off, so away with your smug posts like we are clinging to your skirt tails, we ain't.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

lol you twat

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I don't mind US bases being here in the UK.
They don't do us any harm so I don't see the problem.

I don't know anything about their capabilities etc but I think I'd be more than a tadge annoyed if they used them without our knowledge and approval in operations that could draw us into a world war or nuclear conflict.

As members of NATO we have a duty, we shouldn't take the responsibility that goes with it lightly.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

seriously though, trump move your forces out of britain, we don't need you, waste of money for your taxpayers

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

we don't need them though, and i'm never gonna be grateful to smug US folk telling me we should be grateful for their support, we don't need them.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yeah, the arrogance and ignorance of some Americans really pisses me off some times and I'm never slow to have a go back at them.

But I'm sure your casual dismissal of them and all that they have offered over the years pisses them off too.

NATO and MAD are the only things that prevented another major war during The Cold War, don't know if you can remember those days but I sure as hell can.

Abandonment of US bases here in the UK and elsewhere in Europe would herald the end of NATO, that's not something I wish to see.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
a reply to: DBCowboy

lol you twat

When I was stationed in England (RAF Bentwaters, Ipswitch) the locals had a saying.

Over-sexed
Over-paid
Over here.

We don't need to be there. Agreed. If anything, we need to turn the bases over to the British military and just be guests.

Tolerant, kind, unobtrusive guests.

If you don't want us there, please kick us out.

I'll be cool with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I certainly wasn't criticizing you, I see this all the time from fellow Americans, too caught up in the ego trip. Always prattling on arrogantly about one thing or another, especially annoying when aimed at allies.
I agree that American bases are not necessary in the region.
We've been there for each other before and will be again.
Frankly Russia doesn't have enough military resources to raid a pantry, all the hype about the Russian threat is total BS propagated by the political establishment in the US to keep Trump from normalizing relations and make him look bad to an ignorant populace.
Instead they seem to want to re-establish the cold war and stampede Russia into an unwanted alliance with China.
Quite stupid IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You Europeans sure like to complain.

Talk about hypocrisy! A citizen from the most complaining nation around the world, that lives out of complaining, talking about how other people complain

Maybe you should return all your troops home and shutdown all your international bases. Then we would never hear the end of how the world is so much unfair and how little you mean and how much other countries ignore you. You got your Trojan horse all across Europe, based on lies, you take it back then see what happens

Looks like you missed real history lessons in middle school

Poor little boy, crying wolf, reminds you of something?
edit on 19-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I get where you are coming from!

I always thought it was stupid to have a war with a country to gain our independence and then turn around later and save it from being bombed back into the stone age.

However, sad as it may be to you, it was not the US who did that

We should have let Hitler roll through and then mopped up after.

At least then we wouldn't have to deal with the crappy attitude now.

The US did just that, it wasn't until that side of the war had been won that the US decided to really go into battle

But hey... hopefully we as a country have learned from our mistakes and we won't get into your silly wars next time.

Clearly that has not happened, you create your fake ones now, in hope of looking like something you have never been

Then when your island is wiped clean, we'll come back after and put a few nice theme parks there.

Which will never happen. Because as before, i am very sure the ones coming to help will not be the ones that pretended to care but helped as little as possible until they saw a way to fake win because the battle was mostly won already, at which point they came to really help, once the war had been mostly won by the UK and the USSR

Oh please tell me stories from your fake history book, i would love to listen to them

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I find it very funny, on this thread, how some Americans are so triple panty twisted about how some UK citizens think about the forced "friendship" between the US and the UK, in terms of weapons and who buys from who and so on

But as it turns out, you all get very arrogant at this point and look down on UK citizens, how arrogant you are

Let's think about what would happen, for example, if the UK would drop all business with the US and buy weapons from China and Russia, or India and others

We would never hear the end of the fake story about how the UK is a rogue state and soon we would be watching Venezuela 2.0

Stop being fake guys, you make yourselves look so silly and naive

Arrogance is not how you show other people you are a person who should be respected

Arrogance, also, comes with a price. You have to live up to that level, where you can actually stand for it.

But if all you have is words and fail to produce results, then you are a fake, and i'm afraid to tell you but you may be close to the latter rather than the former

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Let’s be honest for a minute
The Brits would never have been able to set foot on the European coastline without the US, well probably not for a very long time. If Germany had have got the oil. US bombing stopped mass manufacture of arms, huge degree of arms and munitions were destroyed by bombing raids.
Libya, US victory, Sicily, US victory, Italy and they did a reasonable job in the Packfic after the Brit’s gave up Singapore

It really was an Allied victory, it was not one by one country, one community, one faith or belief

The West has stood together for the betterment of their society. Nothing is perfect, people, governments or allies but, so far it hasn’t been that bad.
Stop bitching like children, it could be far worse.

We could all be speaking French or Spanish

edit on 19-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: BoneSay

The Brits would never have been able to set foot on the European coastline without the US, well probably not for a very long time. If Germany had have got the oil. US bombing stopped mass manufacture of arms, huge degree of arms and munitions were destroyed by bombing raids.
Libya, US victory, Sicily, US victory, Italy and they did a reasonable job in the Packfic after the Brit’s gave up Singapore

It really was an Allied victory, it was not one by one country, one community, one faith or belief

The West has stood together for the betterment of their society. Nothing is perfect, people, governments or allies but, so far it hasn’t been that bad.
Stop bitching like children, it could be far worse.

We could all be speaking French or Spanish

I already was. However, this is a very very specific matter

And yet Americans think mostly:

I always thought it was stupid to have a war with a country to gain our independence and then turn around later and save it from being bombed back into the stone age.

But it was a group of countries, so it is very ridiculous and shameful to claim this as written. It simply turns out that the majority of the US population believes this is true, when it never was, no matter how much the books are rewritten to fake it.

Let's have some honor here, the US did not fix that problem, and they turned into full war mode once most of the war had already been won. History is clear on this

Agree on that? Because universal history does

So regardless of that aspect you mention that has a few weaknesses, Germany was so worn down at that time, that it would still lose no matter what. Let's remember for example that Germany was already down by the time the war ended

Somehow, i find lots of Americans believing that the US won against Germany and took Berlin on their own, instead of the USSR and allies, fake history is it?

You can spin it in several ways, the reality is that the US did not save the world, as meant by some people most of the time. It was the allies and a lot of people who never get mentioned, as clearly shown by that comment i quoted, who won but are with no real credit in history. Unless truth is called up that is. If not, then we go with the alternate history

And that's shameful

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join