It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican oxy hits Arizona hard/aka fentanyl

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I understand what you are saying, but I need to add that chronic pain is not a guarantee for addiction. In fact adequate treatment of chronic pain will stop addiction from occurring.

Chronic pain may create a dependency on pain medication, but it does not have to cause what has come to be known as an addiction.

Making it very difficult, overly expensive, or near impossible for people with chronic pain that has no cure, is what forces some people into the use of illegal drugs.

The war on drugs is causing a number of people to become addicts when it does not have to be.
edit on 15-2-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and have been for quite a few years. You're preaching to the choir. I take nothing now and have not taken a pain killer other than while in the hospital during the three surgeries I've had in the last 4 years.

I was actually replying to CharlesT who said "After all of the dopers are dead from overdose, I guarantee the death rates will drastically decline."

My pain level hovers around 7 to 8 and if you are knowledgeable you know what that means. There is no question as the cause is clearly visible on CT Scans or MRI's.

One issue right now is that those who legitimately need some relief, can't get it anymore because the government punishes the innocent for the actions of drug abusers. That policy instead of making it better, drives innocent pain sufferers into the drug dealers hands. It makes it worse. I've had this same discussion with multiple surgeons and MD's and they agree. The decisions need to be in the doctors hands, not politicians trying to score points. The government is causing and creating addicts out of innocent people for votes. It's just how it is right now.

edit on 2/15/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm in the same boat, pain wise (lower back issues, L4/L5, L5/S1), and like you I don't take pain meds either.

I think the issue goes a little deeper though, and is not just politicians / government trying to score votes. Sure, it's partly attributed to this, but I think there's more, and that is society itself. So many people who are well connected abuse the medical system to get pharmaceuticals to use recreationally. How many times have we heard of some star or elite personality dying as a result of overdose on drugs which were legally prescribed to them by less than reputable physicians (Michael Jackson, Prince, Tom Petty, etc.). Then there are the people who intentionally see multiple doctors to get the same prescriptions. And the list goes on. Add to all that the people who feign pain with some elusive but politically correct 'illness' to skirt the system. Bottom line, it's not just the politicians, but the people themselves who make it harder for people with legitimate health issues to get the meds they need.

In this respect, I agree somewhat with CharlesT. Responsible people are going to do responsible things like seek professional medical care, including treatment for addiction. Irresponsible people will self medicate for recreational or addiction reasons, and they won't seek professional treatment for these problems. In other words, if pain meds were free and uncontrolled on the street I am still going to go to my medical professionals for the correct diagnosis and associated prescriptions. I suspect you would do the same. It wouldn't matter to me if I could go buy those same drugs on the street corner because I would have no idea where they came from, what was in them nor what strength they were.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, I've seen that among my own peers. I had an employee who did a lot of doctor shopping for imaginary pain. She would get what she could and then move on. I eventually had to fire her when it became just too much. She even one day dropped her purse, a container fell out, the lid fell off and right next to her on the floor was a baggie of heroin and one of meth.

Since that time she's been arrested multiple times, skipped court dates and right now is a wanted felon for not showing up for remand to serve her sentence. Her life is over. Even sadder because she was actually my best person.

The solution to that though is a simple data base to keep track of prescriptions, so doctor shoppers get caught quickly. Not to make it impossible for innocent people to get help. The government can do far better without punishing the innocent for the actions of the guilty. They never will though. They live in a black and white world with no shades of gray.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I have suffered long with chronic pain from 2 cervical fusions and lumbar injuries but have refused to become addicted to pain medications. If ever there was a person susceptible to addiction, I am that person but I resisted. If a person doesn't have the sense or intestinal fortitude to recognize the dangers and prevent their addiction, I pity them but I have no sympathy for their allowing themselves to succumb to their probable alternative desires to pursue the highs associated with the drugs.

They entrapped themselves and have to live, or die with the consequences.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Chronic pain is a weight that many grow weary of carrying, especially when the additional weight of life's baggage is added.

Everyone's tolerance to pain is different. I am one of those people that has an extremely low tolerance to pain, but I have amazing strength of endurance and determination. So though I am more sensitive to pain, my stubbornness prevents me from giving in to it. I can easily see how those with less fortitude can succumb to the constant battle of incurable pain.

Those that abuse drugs for recreation, are in a different category, and people with chronic pain should not have to pay for the actions of others.

I also realize that chronic pain can become a trap for some, and narcotics are just another trap if they are used to escape instead of being used to fight back.

I refuse to judge others, because I don't know what they are going through, and I don't want to be judged. Another reason I avoid narcotics, because you will be judged.
edit on 15-2-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Because it's cheap and much easier to smuggle, you would need 100x less volume to smuggle vs heroin.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Everyone's tolerance to pain is different. I am one of those people that has an extremely low tolerance to pain, but I have amazing strength of endurance and determination.

I beg to argue that point. I'd say you have a high tolerance if you can endure the pain and the incentive to take the easy route by taking narcotics. I don't judge others but I don't accept that they don't have the strength of character to reject drug use knowing that it leads to their ultimate destruction. For many people, especially those that earn their living in heavy manual labor occupations, have to endure pain at some point in their life. Most accept it as just a cruel fact of life and persevere without the addictive drugs knowing they will lead only a purely destructive state.

I guess it all boils down to a persons strength of character, self worth and self respect.

Edit: I don't make much of an impression to other people but I know, I AM A GOOD PERSON and my heart is good.
edit on 15-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I know it sounds odd, but my senses are heightened due to a craniopharyngioma. It affects my hypothalamus, my optic nerve, my auditory nerves, and my olfactory nerves. I am hypersensitive to changes in temperature, smells, taste, and touch.

My doctor tells me that he sees me as a walking miracle. That the average person would be bedbound and writhing in pain.

It is hard for anyone to understand that what is not noticed by most, can create pain that brings tears to my eyes. But after three months of lying in bed writhing in pain, I decided that was not the way I wanted to go out.

Pain meds are a joke, so it makes no sense at all to take them. I have to use the power of my mind to get through those things that the average person does automatically, without thought. Simple things like recognizing anything that has been moved or rearranged in my environment without my knowledge. Drinking or eating something hot and having the sensation that I was scalded. A scratch often feels like I am being skinned alive.

Yes, I use my mind to overcome the abnormal sensation, but I would not call it increased tolerance. I call it increased determination, not to give in.

We may be saying the same thing, but I feel it differently.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wait.

Many say there is no border crisis !! 🤣

Please don't be so naive, it hurts to read

There is no border crisis, it comes from other places and other ways, it was caused by the CIA in the first place. Stop being delusional, it sucks but it's the truth, the entire ecosystem is controlled from the US and the drug cartels receive help in several ways to keep it going, under the facade of helping other people and through other means.

Stop lying to yourself, you only hurt yourself by doing that

Yeah also if you going to look at something about me to point out, instead of the thread context ,just pretend i did not said anything in the first place

edit on 15-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

Oh and also, "prove it" in this case is old word, it has been proven by history, everyone knows and if you don't then you are hte problem not the people telling you about it

And also don't say "we don't have proof this is the same" or "this time it is them not us" because as the people back then said the same things, you can bet you will find out one day it was still going on. US buying cartels to send drugs to the US, just like it happened before.

I guess you should look into who were the US gov agents spending money on that and punish them, instead of hiding the head in the sand and always trying to fake being a good american. Because, how good a "good american" can be if they allow their own country to rot in their face because it is easier to just pretend it is not happening? Just so you can be happy and hopefully die before the country ends up death?

The truth is that the drug crisis in the US was started by the own US, it did not come from anywhere else, stop lying to yourself

It is a shame that all this blah blah blah goes on when instead you should all be discussing solutions, instead of the dumb arrogant comments. you live like slaves and act like kings and queens, unless you are told to act like slaves by a cop of course, because then you go down to the floor and follow orders like little afraid puppies!

Reality is so fragile in the US, a dumb move like crossing the street on the wrong part can lead you to a cop and if you talk back then you go down. Freedom for all

Your government turned you into zombies, you are not even aware of your own status anymore and just think you know how things work

Sad!

You should all stop complaining about the things your own government does to you and act on it instead. But don't shoot! I'm just saying!
edit on 16-2-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Mexico is getting their fentanyl and chemicals to make meth from China. China is at war with us and trying poison us from the inside out. Instead of going after our own citizens we should be going after the cartels. If it were up to me I'd be sending militarized hit squads into Mexico. Anyone from the cartels would have a target on their back. My family and friends have made some bad choices doing drugs and I've seen them suffer because of it. If it were up to me I'd take it out at the source.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Mexico is getting their fentanyl and chemicals to make meth from China. China is at war with us and trying poison us from the inside out. Instead of going after our own citizens we should be going after the cartels. If it were up to me I'd be sending militarized hit squads into Mexico. Anyone from the cartels would have a target on their back. My family and friends have made some bad choices doing drugs and I've seen them suffer because of it. If it were up to me I'd take it out at the source.

Have you ever seen a dog poop and he/she turns and looks you straight in the eye and keeps pooping and you have to look away for some reason while you can feel the dog's eyes still focused on you?

I bet that's how most Americans feel like, when they try to pretend their own government is not crapping all over them.. Just look away..

If the US gov wanted, no drugs would go in, at all. They don't want to, learn history

Also, it is easier for them to let other people bring them than raise the farms inside the US, they just need them drugs in the US for reasons. You learn about that, it is all over the place, easy to find for everyone that doesn't hide the head in the sand

Good luck man

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Damn people, stop popping fricken pills to get high.
I understand how someone could get hooked while taking a prescription but dont take crap you dont need off a dude at a party.

That's not how it works for the most part. The people who are buying on the street are already addicted from prescriptions. Either they were on a opiate prescription that was taken away from them or stopped so they have to get elsewhere or they still get their prescription but since they abused their 1 month prescription is all gone within 1 week just so they don't get sick and then they have to look elsewhere to buy.

So ya sure there will be a few people taking these at party's for fun.but the vast majority that are buying already have a full fledged addiction.

Also what is happening is the guys making the fentanyl use an "Oxycontin press" to make the pill sp when the guy is buying he thinks he's buying Oxy 80s, when really he's been straight up fentanyl that is way more powerful. Joe blow takes 4 Oxy 80s at a time normally so he buys these "fake Oxy fentanyl pills" not knowing this because they look EXACTLY that same as a real OXY 80 and you know the end of the story, he ends up ODing and dies.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

That's not how it works for the most part. The people who are buying on the street are already addicted from prescriptions. Either they were on a opiate prescription that was taken away from them or stopped so they have to get elsewhere or they still get their prescription but since they abused their 1 month prescription is all gone within 1 week just so they don't get sick and then they have to look elsewhere to buy.

No, that's not accurate. The overwhelming majority of these deaths have nothing to do with prescription meds. They are deaths as a direct result of recreational, illicit and illegal drug use. Period. Don't let the liberal "open borders / free drugs for everyone" crowd (including the MSM) fool you. That's not what's going on.

In the most recent case which made the MSM earlier this week, the victim was a Mexican anchor baby born to an illegal alien mother who was deported two years ago. He wasn't on prescription meds for some malady (just like the majority of others). He was an illegal drug user. He went to a party to get high with some of his buddies, he knowingly bought illegal drugs and wound up OD'ing on them. That's what happened, and it's what continues to happen around the country. Don't try to make it into some sob-story about prescription meds run rampant causing addiction and pursuit of illegal drugs in the absence of legal ones.

He was irresponsible, he knowingly bought illegal drugs, and now he's dead. That's what happened.

Making arguments like yours is part of the problem, not part of solution. And, it only makes it more difficult for people who rightfully need prescriptions to get them. Why? Because it inspires law makers to pass legislation restricting doctors to prescribe these meds based on your exact argument.

So ya sure there will be a few people taking these at party's for fun. but the vast majority that are buying already have a full fledged addiction.

Please source this allegation. Your statement is completely inaccurate. (underline by me). In fact, the exact opposite is true.
edit on 2/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Same manufacture as usual,the CIA must of had them up dosage,that way people will ok a big cash payment for"War on drugs" this is very transparent,just like the last 50 yrs,players are the same

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

They are making the actual Fentanyl itself. The cartels are buying the raw ingredients from Chinese factories and are creating it in their own labs.

It's not as pure as the Chinese version but it is still Fentanyl.

And three, the deaths are unintentional. It is stronger than expected due to its manufacturing (each lab has its own methods for creating the final product) and its suppose to be cut with an opioid and filler.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join