It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican oxy hits Arizona hard/aka fentanyl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If you listen to what most of the authorities say, you will notice that very few claim it is possible to stop these drugs. Instead they try to control them.

Not only do they try to manage the harm these things cause but also to pick who gets to sell them. Needless to say this increases opportunities for corruption.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Damn people, stop popping fricken pills to get high.

That is not going to happen. Rational thinking and history tells us that.

Perhaps a better answer is to give people options to get their drugs legally and affordable.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I lived in AZ for a couple of years; 2007-2009 to be exact. I lived in a nice neighborhood, Gilbert.

I had a brother in law who lived in Tempe, unfortunately he hooked up through his job with some guys who actually had connections with a cartel (don’t know who, don’t care).

I went to his apt a couple of times for a cookout and these guys were there. I told my ex we are never going there again.

In short, these young men were very respectful and extremely dangerous at the same time. If you walked by them on the streets of Phoenix you wouldn’t think they were capable of major drug dealing.

All carried guns, and would at any given moment be able to pull pounds of marijuana and coke out of their proverbial a$$ while working regular jobs.

I wouldn’t go back to AZ if You offered me a free House next to Alice Cooper. Sorry Alice, you rock.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The idea is not the make the same amount of doses but 10x stronger. It is to make 10x more doses the same strength as the original. The reason so many die is because of the difficulty measuring such a small quantity as micrograms.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I hear that caking is the big problem when mixing such. Meaning you have a pound of filler and throw in your active and mix it well but the active cakes and then you get some pills that are bunk and some that are killer.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wife runs a small town funeral home and last spring 3 deaths of people under 21 in 3 months. The whole town was up in arms anybody selling either quit or was arrested in short order. Now it's people in their 40's about every other month. The kids have either quit or gotten a better dealer.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A very good friend of mine's 19 year old son was killed by this stuff.

It is truly evil.

He left behind a 6 month old baby boy and a wife.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Oh, I understand what you're saying, but look at the edit in my other post on page 1.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Open the drug spigots and let it flow. After all of the dopers are dead from overdose, I guarantee the death rates will drastically decline. No more dopers, no more drug problem...

Quit trying to save people that don't want to be saved...
edit on 15-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Well, that's certainly one approach.

As it stands right now, illegal drug use is akin to a game of "Russian Roulette" with 3 cartridges in the cylinder.

Maybe it will now be called "Mexican Roulette"

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think most of us suspect who the major heroin supply is...

Think the fentanyl connection is any different?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
now say how many people get addicted from American Fentanyl and "Oxy" created and pushed by the so-called US Medical Cartel

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
now say how many people get addicted from American Fentanyl and "Oxy" created and pushed by the so-called US Medical Cartel

Links?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think most of us suspect who the major heroin supply is...

Think the fentanyl connection is any different?

The Clintons?

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Smart.

Pain management is quite doable, and safe when the pain is legitimate.

Most people with legitimate chronic pain are aware that nothing is going to relieve all their pain without unwanted and dangerous effects.

Their goal is to treat pain to the level closest to their ability to function normally. The trick is to learn to live with your chronic pain, while reducing it to a tolerable level. It can be tricky for some, that is why I was so glad my mother had what had to be the best pain management doctor in all of South Florida. She still experiences chronic pain but has not taken a narcotic in over three years.

Narcotics are not a cure. If the cause of the pain cannot be fixed, the only alternative is to manage the pain. It is rare that chronic pain is ever completely eradicated. I think it is also criminal to handicap those people with chronic pain because of the illegitimate use of pain meds.

There is a way to protect both, if we stop throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is an American drug addiction crisis. Supply and demand. Eliminate the demand and there will be no need for a supply. Drug addiction falls within mental health and the United States is doing awful in that department.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

You will never eliminate the demand for drugs.
Never have and never will

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For once you say something sensible!

a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
For once you say something sensible!

a reply to: TinySickTears

Twice
I said it earlier too

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Open the drug spigots and let it flow. After all of the dopers are dead from overdose, I guarantee the death rates will drastically decline. No more dopers, no more drug problem...

Quit trying to save people that don't want to be saved...

If it's your sibling, your spouse, one of your parents or a close beloved friend?

Think about the person you love most in this world. Now imagine they get addicted after developing chronic pain. Let them die or treat them, pick one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join