It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican oxy hits Arizona hard/aka fentanyl

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Fentanyl deaths from 'Mexican oxy' pills hit Arizona hard

The article tells about how people are taking one drug thinking that its another.

Fentanyl instead of oxycodone.
Way more dangerous.

"It's the worst I've seen in 30 years, this toll that it's taken on families," said Doug Coleman, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration special agent in charge of Arizona. "The crack (coc aine) crisis was not as bad."

"CDC figures for Arizona show the statewide deaths involving synthetic opioids excluding methadone, largely from fentanyl, rose from 72 in 2015 to 123 in 2016 and then skyrocketed to 267 in 2017."

Damn people, stop popping fricken pills to get high.
I understand how someone could get hooked while taking a prescription but dont take crap you dont need especially from some random guy at a party.

www.abc15.com...
edit on 15-2-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

People will never stop.

Few things that will never stop.

Gambling
Sex meaning prostitution
And drugs.

Never going to stop people from those things.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Wanna bet?
Lol

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: TinySickTears

Wanna bet?
Lol

Not really

But people will never stop those things

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Okay, so I was concerned by the title, until I read.

Three others at the party in Tucson also took the pills nicknamed "Mexican oxy" and police flagged down by partygoers saved them by administering naloxone overdose reversal medication. But the treatment came too late for Chavez, who died at age 19.

the People taking the pills are not taking anything like Oxy. You should change your title. To "nicknamed Mexican Oxy"
edit on 15-2-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

The parentheses dont show in the headline.

I modified the title...
That better?
edit on 15-2-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You are correct, but leaving the title as is, is very misleading.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

You are correct, but leaving the title as is, is very misleading.

Was not my intention

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just say No.

Drugs are bad people.

Every time I have pain med prescribed.

I do my best to refrain from taking it, only if it becomes unbearable.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I know it wasn't. I believe you totally. It just made me think, people were trying to buy street Oxy, and died.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I know it wasn't. I believe you totally. It just made me think, people were trying to buy street Oxy, and died.

That's exactly what happened.
These men thought they were buying oxy and it was actually fentanyl.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wait.

Many say there is no border crisis !! 🤣

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I dont think a wall will stop the drugs as long as there is a demand.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They need stronger gates and bigger locks !!😬

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I don't understand the Fentanyl thing, maybe someone can explain it.

Most illegal drugs are "cut" with some inert substance to generate higher profits, particularly at the street level. It's the exact opposite with Fentanyl, it is being added to powders and pills at the production level. Plus, Fentanyl is actually more difficult and labor intensive to manufacture than the base drug. So, why all of a sudden has it shown up on the illegal drug circuit? It doesn't make any sense...that is, unless producers and dealers are trying to kill their customers.

I was reading some of these articles yesterday, and have been hearing more and more about this lately. Nothing I've found so far fully explains why Fentanyl is being added to illegal drugs other than to say it is used to make them more potent. Okay, that makes sense, by why add it illicitly?

Fentanyl is said to be 100x stronger than opium/heroin and a lethal dose is smaller than a single shake of a salt shaker, so it is extremely difficult to measure without sophisticated laboratory-grade measuring apparatus. Derivatives are up to 10,000x stronger.

China was thought to be the #1 producer of illegal Fentanyl, but recently it was discovered Mexico is likely the largest source of illegal Fentanyl making it into North America.

This stuff is really, really, DANGEROUS in all but microscopic dosages. It just doesn't compute why it is being used.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe this is natural selection. Anybody stupid enough to put this stuff in their mouth would probably best be eliminated from the gene pool.

I read a quote I've that was assured to Benjamin Disraeli: The result of protecting fools from their folly is to fill the world with fools.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Over prescribing opioids has created a lot of drug addicted people. Cronic pain doesnt stop just because the prescription runs out.

There isnt enough rehab help available for people who are so addicted, the dr just says, sorry, "although Ive been giving you these meds for yrs, you get no more". These same people are forced to look for black market drugs. Weather to deal with legitimate pain or just because their addicted.

In my opinion, abruptly stopping these prescriptions, has created a huge black market and more people will die from overdoses.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You answered your own question. "Fentanyl is said to be 100x stronger than opium/heroin"

If it is 100x stronger, you can get 100x the number of doses from the same amount. Therefore you make 100x the amount of money when you sell it.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Correct...

The wall won't stop the importation of drugs, not when you can buy a drone for under $100 dollars at SamsClub.

and Actually the wall won't stop people coming across the border. The majority come in legally with a tourist visa and just never leave. The Wall is just a symbol.
edit on 15-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Okay, your statement makes sense, but I still don't understand (from a chemistry and weights/measures perspective).

If you have a substance which weighs let's say 9mg (for easy math)
And you add to it another, more powerful substance, which weighs 1mg...you don't wind up with 900mg, you wind up with 10mg. In other words, this stuff is so powerful that not enough of it can be added to some other chemical to drastically increase the volume of the base substance.

ETA - And another way of saying it is...they don't seem to be selling the Fentanyl itself, but another illegal drug with the Fentanyl added to it. Yet they can't add enough Fentanyl to make the net volume/weight change anything more than a negligible amount.

To illustrate my point, here's an image of a lethal dose (from Wikipedia)

Wiki Link

So, something else is going on.
edit on 2/15/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join