It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slippery slope of racism/blackface Tate Reeves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.diversityinc.com...

Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Tate Reeves is the latest politician connected to racist yearbook photos. Reeves is the front-runner to become the Republican nominee for governor.

This guy is headed to become the Republican nominee for Governor. There is controversy stirring because his fraternity was seen as
racist. Keep in mind, there are no photos of him doing racist things, but now just because he stood too close to people that did, he is
deemed racist.

One of the topics the article mentions is that the frat held Robert E. Lee in high regard...........Ummm hello, how many Southern schools still are named Robert E. Lee high?

This is just crazy and scary. I'm not saying Reeves is or isn't racist. That isn't the point. This is in my mind a modern day witch hunt.

Oh and just for fun, did you know shoes can be considered blackface now:

boingboing.net...
Nevermind that the shoes also come in gold.

edit on 12-2-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Feb 12 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I graduated from West Point, and we held Robert E. Lee in very high regard there (even though he technically led the Army that fought against 'us' in the Civil War). Still, he was certainly considered a distinguished graduate. I wonder if my association with Lee as alumni of my school would be used against me in a race...lol. That should be a joke, but sadly today most likely is not...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Wait a second, I just responded on another thread and saw something. Is this
blackface!?

ATS is a RACIST organization!!! I'd boycott you but then what would I do all day?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Its alright, because apparently since the VA Governor is really sorry, the Progs say it doesn't matter what someone did in their 20s.

So it will definitely not be a thing. Right??

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
None of the people causing the uproar over this blackface stuff were even alive when the actual practice of white people wearing blackface to mock and portray black people was even a thing.

I mean, if you want to talk about a slippery slope. Let's all get offended over crap that has nothing to do with us today. Everyone get out your 23andMe reports and start sorting out what percentage of outrage you're allowed to feel for all of the past slights on your various people.

Why are progressives so obsessed with going backwards? Can we all move forward already?

What color you are doesn't matter. What you do with your sec organs doesn't matter. It won't make you any less or any more of an individual -- but allowing others to profit off of you by manipulating into segregated groups will. It is the fastest way to move back toward a time when people oppressed and judged people because of the color of their skin.

Hell, the "progressives" are already back in that place. I don't plan to join them on their journey to Ignoranceville.
edit on 12-2-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Its alright, because apparently since the VA Governor is really sorry, the Progs say it doesn't matter what someone did in their 20s.

Well, he IS doing a "listening" tour of the state, wants to put up some statues of black people and will attend sensitivity training. He apologized!!!

So ya... he's off the hook because they need him in that seat.

/facepalm

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Blackface doesn’t even exist anymore. That’s what is weird about it.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Well, he IS doing a "listening" tour of the state, wants to put up some statues of black people and will attend sensitivity training. He apologized!!!

So ya... he's off the hook because they need him in that seat.

/facepalm

lord.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

AWSOME, so when is the Planned Parenthood going to get burnt to the ground????

If blackface is racist, statues are racist then an organization who's goal was to kill black babies sure as hell should be racist right???

edit on 12-2-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Was Sammy Davis Jr a Self-Hating Black?
If these new age SJWs looked back just a few years they could see that such things were not always construed as racist.
They would litterally blow their stacks to watch this. It's long but you only have to watch a few minuets to get the disparities? between then and now.

edit on 12-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

AWSOME, so when is the Planned Parenthood going to get burnt to the ground????

If blackface is racist, statues are racist then an organization who's goal was to kill black babies sure as hell should be racist right???

Now now, there are rules to this...

Democrats, the party that owned slaves, started the civil War, brought the KKK into power and fought against every civil rights bill in their history....

Like abortion so now it's not racist.

And you are a toothless stinky Walmart person for even bringing that up.

See how easy that is?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Don't EVER insinuate I shop at Wal Mart!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Holy Cow! I just watched the first 3 minutes of that roast and, just...wow! It's funny, if someone said those things today they would literally burn them in the street...Great find.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest
It was posted in one of Paul Craig Roberts blog.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Mate that cracked me up. I've watched most of the roasts over some years. But at the end of this one, when Sammy has his say, about 1.18. He touches on a very interesting point that is lost nowadays.

I won't repeat it because he says it better.

Cheers for that,

bally

new topics

top topics

join