It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Chapo Guzmán found guilty on all counts in US trial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Will he? I'm not 100% sure he will. I would figure due to his history of escape..he will be put in a supermax, not a cushy/fun place in any way.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If he's sent to a super-max, he's not breaking/being broken out of there.

This isn't San Quentin, or Rikers, or any other prison we may have heard of.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Does any prisoner in a supermax run anything? as far as I know they are locked up in their own cell 23 hrs a day.
And I'm speculating he ends up in a supermax.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Solitary confinement for upwards of 22-23 hours. Exercise yard is a solo excursion, while being closely monitored.

He'll have little to no outside contact--I'll venture to guess, and that's all it is, that he'll have none, due to the very real risk of flight.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That is how I understand a super-max runs. Only the worst, or highest security risks end up there, and life is over once you enter.
No cakewalk!

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Why do we allow our government to create monsters?

Ummm...our government...is...a monster...

Thus it begets monsters...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I kept a bit of an eye on this case.

El Chapo was one sick psycho. Murderer, torturer and rapist of young teenagers. Not to mention the mayhem and horror that circulates around drugs, so that trendy in-things can snort coke as they compare their good deeds.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: WeRpeons

If he's sent to a super-max, he's not breaking/being broken out of there.

This isn't San Quentin, or Rikers, or any other prison we may have heard of.

There better not be any disgruntled employees that have grand ideas of early retirement or that el chapo finds where their family lives at.

More likely i wouldnt be surprised if he commits suicide with two shots in back of the head before he makes himself to comfy in a cell.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I give him three months before he succeeds in escaping again, this time maybe an imposter who looks just like him will be found dead, even dental records can be forged, people can be bought.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I bet he didn't think this would happen to him-after all the US Authorities made a deal with Sinaloa,allowing them to operate in the USA,as long as they informed on other cartels...

www.businessinsider.com...

Now you have the Authorities being all holier than thou and making out that they got the worlds biggest drug dealer-wel yeah because they enabled his cartel to operate.

Sure el chapo is an evil piece of #,but the US authorities also have blood on their hands IMO.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I still don't trust that even in the highest security US jail, that he has lost all his power.

If I was on the list of all the people that the prosecution was boasting about and thanking today, I would ask to please be left off the list.

The prosecutor / lawyers against him will gain fame, but maybe short lives. They are as much narcissists as El Chapo is.

The crime cartels that spawned Guzman and everyone else like him have been NOWHERE NEAR eliminated.

Sorry, but I am a pessimist? Truth kinda sucks sometimes.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the people want drugs, they will get them no matter what. No doubt the guys not an angel but what happens if the government makes all drugs legal like in other countries his list of criminal activity becomes a legal and social normality. I think the drug thing is very out of balance simply because I believe in personal choice.

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I really feel he should be put to death. I know they can't with these charges. I'm actually not sure if federal courts have the death penalty, if not the should make an acception.

I would love for all these people that want open borders to take a trip to theync.com and watch the THOUSANDS of videos of people being dismembered, beheaded, tortured ect. Not to mention them doing the same thing to WOMEN and CHIlDREN while laughing and making fun that death is imminent.

It's not going to end because el-chapo is locked up for life. I truly feel if they see with there own eyes what is going on down there and what they want to let in, there would be a plan in front of Congress real quick for a wall and a 1 mile no-man's-land.

It really is sad what's been done under his rule. I'm glad they got him though.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol, see my previous post.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sorry man, your wall will not make the slightest difference when it come to drugs..not one iota

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Please go to theync.com and search "cartel" watch the first idk maybe 20-40 videos. Then you let me know if you still believe the wall will make no difference. F' the drugs, think about other human beings life's. Keep a bucket around because you will puke.

Ask yourself if Trump's wall stops just a single death on American soil is it worth it?? The answer should be an obvious yes. If not.... Have a long hard look in the mirror. Could you imagine something like that happing to your child? Could you imagine your son having his legs then arms chopped off then throat slit for NO REASON at all? Really image it. Then imagine it happening to an American because your hate for Trump is so strong you want to "win" no matter the cost.

Wake up!!!! And open your eyes, you are truly blind.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi
Oh, I'm wide awake..and realistic! I only make comments regarding the fantasy that the wall will make some dent in the drug problem..whatever else a wall may accomplish I'm not concerning myself with.
I speak as a former addict, I know a bit about it, this has sweet FA to do with Trump. It does not matter how many vids, 20, 40, doesn't matter. More than enough drugs are coming in via ports of entry, and now with the Fentanyl..coming from China, it's even easier to supply.
Your wall does not stop even 1 addict from getting what they want.
Sorry but it's the truth..I will check out the site you posted about though.
edit on 13-2-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Time will tell on that one , humans are easy corruptible especially low paid ones like the guards

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Average corrections officers, who are considered LEO's, fyi, are paid, nationwide, around 45,000 dollars a year. Not exactly underpaid...

Avg. Salaries

It doesn't say what super-max salaries are, being federal, I suppose they're paid more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join