It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago PD Intend TO CHARGE JUSSIE SMOLLETT IF a false report was filed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks like music and TV star' account of a hate crime might be under scrutiny.

It looks like there's reason to believe that the crime may have been orchestrated and is illegitimate.

Jussie Smollett is in the hot seat after there have been several reports that the openly gay actor may have possibly filed a false report to police. If that’s the case, the Chicago Police Department promises to charge Smollett for making a false police report in regards to the alleged hate crime perpetrated against him on January 29th.
The investigation is still ongoing, but with the Empire actor refusing to hand his phone over to authorities, the 36-year old actor will have a hard time proving his case and avoiding jail time as his alleged assailants have managed to do.
In the meantime, Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson vehemently states on social media that if Smollett is found to not be telling the truth he will be charged.

link

Whichever crime was actually committed I hope all parties are charged to the fullest possible extent.

edit on 9-2-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So why should he have to hand in his phone? It seems to me that if the event happened he could just forward the recordings to the police or get a third party to extract the recording and forward to police. The police should give him that option and that would get them closer to the truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like Smollett might be nearing the end of the line with this agenda driven hoax 😀

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

He should be charged if it's false, this is the same in my mind as women who falsely accuse men of rape. Someone who falsely accuses anyone of attacks mental or physical needs to be punished for it. Now if it happened then I'll take his side but it's not lookin good for the guy plus adding the they were "Trump supporters" nice job making it worse.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yup, been following this story in the thread, "Empire star involved in possible hate hoax?," where the possibility of Smollett being charged has been spoken about since at least three days ago.

The big problem here is, if it does turn out to be a hoax, will all of the media and celebrities that spent so much time demonizing anyone who supports Trump spend the same amount of time excoriating Smollett should it turn out he has perpetrated a false story?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hell no they won’t. Even if he is charged it won’t be reported nearly as much as his accusation. Most will never even hear of it. We all know this. Why did I even bother to reply?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Smollett is just a victim of Trump hate.

He's a victim. Even if he engineered the whole thing, it was only because of Trump. If Trump had been impeached or had lost (as he should have *sobs*) then this would have never had happened!

So it is all on Trump and is in all likelihood, an impeachable offense.

edit on 9-2-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
So why should he have to hand in his phone? It seems to me that if the event happened he could just forward the recordings to the police or get a third party to extract the recording and forward to police. The police should give him that option and that would get them closer to the truth.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Of course he doesn't have to. It is just stupid and strange for him not to. If you personally were raped or beaten, and you said you didn't remember exactly where it happened, but you were talking with someone while it happened and they could corroborate, why on earth would you not turn your phone over to help them use the GPS and call info to nab the attacker(s)?

Why would you not do everything humanly possible to help the police? Why? With the GPS info, they could get exact surveillance timing and location and potentially eliminate thousands of hours of perusing random feeds. Why wouldn't you help?

And if you choose not to help, you have to accept the the fact that your attackers may just get away because the police just don't have enough to narrow things down.

They only ask for you phone because that is the easiest way. If he said he couldn't do without it, but would sit with them and show them everything they need from his phone, GPS, phone call records, etc, they certainly wouldn't object.

edit on 9-2-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Looks like he got the attention he was obviously looking for when he made up his story.

Trump hat wearing white dudes with bleach at night in the middle of Chicago? Plus subway is closed at 2am. So many obvious holes in his story

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

why on earth would you not turn your phone over to help them use the GPS and call info to nab the attacker(s)?

Maybe he does not want to give them access to everything else in his phone other than what they want. Once they have it they have the right to everything and that is why i suggested they should offer a third party to retrieve the info specific to the case and then if he still does not agree then it further shows that he may be pulling everyone's leg.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Halfswede

why on earth would you not turn your phone over to help them use the GPS and call info to nab the attacker(s)?

Maybe he does not want to give them access to everything else in his phone other than what they want. Once they have it they have the right to everything and that is why i suggested they should offer a third party to retrieve the info specific to the case and then if he still does not agree then it further shows that he may be pulling everyone's leg.

That is a ridiculous excuse. They aren't going to care if he gives them the phone directly. Any person who was attacked, or say your daughter was kidnapped, would happily sit down with the police and go through the phone with them over your shoulder and show them everything they could possibly need. It is done all the time. He hasn't offered. The location info alone could be a huuuge help.

Of course if you are lying then you don't want them anywhere near it...

edit on 9-2-2019 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

There are 4 Subways within walking distance on the same side of the river as Smollett's apartments. Three of them are open 24 hours:

Google Maps

To be sure, I've thought Smollett was full of # since the story broke; too many things don't add up. But like I told another ATS member, we need to make sure we as accurate as possible when calling him on his bogus claims.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would hope lack of evidence wouldnt cause them to charge him but rather evidence of planning to make a false claim.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They originally asked to just see his call logs to prove he was actually on the phone with his manager. He of course refused. Now that it has become very clear this was all a hoax, they are going to get a warrant for his phone records to prove who he was or wasn't talking to and his location at the time of the attack and before the attack. They possibly want that information to pinpoint what stores he was at before the "attack" as there has been talk he bought the rope from a CVS type store before hand.

Having said that, I will say I've been in a situation where the police wanted to see my text messages and I could hold the phone while I showed them, so they said. I never showed them anything, but that was because I had something to hide. If I didn't have anything to hide I would have just let them look. And they knew it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They think it may have evidence of some sort of coordinated stunt, now his refusal to cooperate is intensifying the suspicions.
edit on 9-2-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

They think but do not have enough evidence or else there would be a search warrant. I likely would not want to hand over my phone to someone that has assumed guilt either. If that is the case then even if they do not find what they are looking for they will find something.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Looks like music and TV star' account of a hate crime might be under scrutiny.

It looks like there's reason to believe that the crime may have been orchestrated and is illegitimate.

Jussie Smollett is in the hot seat after there have been several reports that the openly gay actor may have possibly filed a false report to police. If that’s the case, the Chicago Police Department promises to charge Smollett for making a false police report in regards to the alleged hate crime perpetrated against him on January 29th.
The investigation is still ongoing, but with the Empire actor refusing to hand his phone over to authorities, the 36-year old actor will have a hard time proving his case and avoiding jail time as his alleged assailants have managed to do.
In the meantime, Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson vehemently states on social media that if Smollett is found to not be telling the truth he will be charged.

link

Whichever crime was actually committed I hope all parties are charged to the fullest possible extent.

I told someone at work, from the beginning his story sounded shady.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They will put him in the cage on Homan st. And sweat him good.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
He obviously hates white and straight people

His hate has to be prosecuted.

Does his show support hate for straight white peppers???

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They think but do not have enough evidence or else there would be a search warrant. I likely would not want to hand over my phone to someone that has assumed guilt either. If that is the case then even if they do not find what they are looking for they will find something.

For the record, a search warrant is specific. They CANNOT use extraneous things they might see/find while under a search warrant if it does not relate directly to that scope. Anything found outside the scope of that warrant is inadmissible in a court of law and would like result in the case being thrown out on that technicality due to "fruit of the poisoned tree".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join