It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Google: Who is Jesus Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Siri told me that Jesus was a Jewish carpenter and is a central figure in Christianity. Seems like the perfect definition to me.

I think all of this is just trying to cause a stir in the religious. If google really were trying to be against Christianity, then typing "who is Jesus Christ" into the google search engine would return wrong answers, which it doesn't.

It's the same company. Therefore, through the power of deduction, we can figure out that it's just that the AI in google home/alexa/whatever is still in the growing stages, it's obviously going to get some things wrong. Who knows why it can answer about some religions and not others, but the companies aren't out to get Christianity. That's just ridiculous.

Also, there's some pretty un-Christian things in that video, and it made me laugh: "Who is Jesus?" "I don't know how to answer that." *flips off the inanimate object*

The guy who asked if Jesus died for our sins? Of course it isn't going to say "yes". An iphone/pixel/whatever isn't a religious device. Not everyone believes that Jesus died for our sins, and there's no way to actually prove that he did that anyway (you're welcome to believe it, but a belief isn't proof), so why on earth would it ever respond in the positive? It could say something like "Christians believe he did", but it's never going to say "yes". That would be creepier than it saying it can't answer that, because that's the actual truth, it CAN'T answer that, because there's no way to know for sure that it happened.

Long story short: Much ado about nothing. It isn't a global conspiracy against your religion, it's just that AI is still in it's infancy. You'd have something if typing the question into google returned non-starter answers, but since it's just the AI in the devices, that's clearly the only issue.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I don't have any of those devices. I typed it in, it sent me here: Is Google Jewish?

Tha first link, of course, was Wikipedia: List of Jewish American businesspeople

Jews in America: Prominent Companies Founded by American Jews

Since the founders of Google/Alphabet Larry Page and Sergey Brin are listed, I take the answer is yes.

Might explain the unChristian response.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Cannabis is ok for a quick fix. Long term habitual use, as in all day everyday like many do, will stunt your open mindedness in a way only obvious to others observing you.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

So then your assumption is that Google isnt a jealous god?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Let's play stop the BS.

Get your phones out and ask the same questions.

Who is JC, was instantly answered by Google.

Deny Ignorance, stop watching and believing everything that people post, and do the leg-work yourselves.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Party pooper.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Tech companies/AI will be our overlords in the not-so-distant future. My only hope is that they're benevolent.

I'm actually looking forward to it. Once the singularity hits, a TON of human problems are going to be solved relatively quickly. UBI will have to be implemented because 90% of jobs won't have to be done by humans ever again, and we'll be able to focus on doing what we actually want to do, without worrying about how to make enough money to live. Robots don't need salaries, so a lot of money would free up for UBI.

On the other hand, it could just view us as an infestation (similar to how we view ants in our house) and just destroy us all. That wouldn't be ideal. I'm in the camp that thinks that's unlikely, though.

If you haven't, look into Dr. Ben Goertzel, he has some really interesting ideas on the subject.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I believe the answer most right winged conservatives are looking for is "Lord and Saviour."

So if Jesus aka the Christ a fictional character all the while this sophisticated piece of equipment paying homage to Mohammed.

What about Islam's Anti Christ prophecies? I mean if Jesus is fictional wouldn't that make his anti thesis a story book character too? Does that mean he wrong?

Did I just blow up it software by asking this?
edit on 7-2-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I know Ben. He like his brethren are all self-deluded about how the world, under our Elite Powermonger Masters, really works. Ben's actually one of the lesser self-deludeds actually. Or then again they all work for our Elite Masters, as will all the 'robots' you look forward to, the robberbarrons you cant wait for them to show you how little they care about anybody but them. We should all just put our faith in them, in the darkside of human nature though, put faith in them like a religion. Oh they even have a proper religion wrapped around their megalomania. Become a Transhumanist and kneel, pray for them to give you a ticket to their promised land. The one where they unlock immortality but not everybody not 7 billion people can all become immortals. Meaning somethings going to have to be done about us. We got a taste of it in 2008. Anyways, its no wonder they chose the "liberals" to unwittingly spearhead their new religion, and everybody thought the robberbarrons actually give a snip about minorities THATS A GOOD ONE!
edit on 7-2-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Amazing the way those algorithms correct themselves once the story hits the news.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would love to do a topic on friend or adversary algorithms that are used to drive us all down certain paths on the internet and I feel much of this is why our society has drifted from moderate to left/right extremes.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This was fixed a long time ago. You had to ask directly, 'Who was Jesus of Nazareth' vs just Jesus Christ. Now you can ask directly who is Jesus Christ and it will respond. Before, you had to be specific Jesus of Nazareth. It was just the wording.

They had a similar issue months ago, that words needed to be more specific. How far is it to the moon? It would mix up with 'how far is the moon from my location'. Eventually both word searches gave the same response.. Recently they combined some like 'How far is Paris France from my location or how far is Paris France. It knows you want distance, so it gives leniency in how its phrased.

When I saw the YouTube Video, I asked google home (the ai on both cell and home unit) "Who is Jesus of Nazareth? I got the results. No issues. After, getting none for Jesus Christ. These things are fairly knew, and the wording for some stuff needs to be specific vs pull anything from the web.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

Exactly look where they don't want you looking, certain mushrooms if you pick them in my area, UK
Sept- Nov it's classed as a Class A drug, talk about its effects here and your thread is shut down, also a Non PG site...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I heard jebus was 2ic in the Koran, so a pretty major deal, don't go by my word though

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Y'all are not being honest. All of my inquiries asking who is Jesus are replied with answers just short of fellating the guy...if he were real.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Last 10 years there has been a war against christianity.

More Christians killed In Africa and the middle east then any other religious group .

Add that to googles clear agenda.....its the same liberal left working to destroy the moral fabric of the u.s

They hate the idea that the nation was created under god.

Fight back and fight back strong.

If you ever wanted to see how truly bias Google is, search white American inventors and look at the images.

Its. beyond Strange.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok flame away In Deuteronomy 17, this false prophet is also described as someone who would rebel against the authority of the judges of the Jewish people, and who should be put to death for his rebelliousness (v. 8-13, esp. v. 12). Who are the judges? The highest court in Israel was the Sanhedrin, which was established by Moses (Exodus 18:13-26; Numbers 11:16-29), and which lasted more than 15 centuries. The members of the Sanhedrin were the rabbis known as "Pharisees" (Pirushim, "those with the explanation"). G-d gave permanent authority to these judges to interpret the Law and G-d's Word, and it is a commandment to follow their decisions without turning even slightly to the right or the left (Deut. 17:11). But the false prophet would challenge the authority of the Sanhedrin, thus revealing himself to be an evil man.

1. Jesus repudiated the laws of kosher food (Mark 7:18-19). [Compare this to the prophet Daniel's strict adherence to kashrus, in Daniel chapter 1.]
2. He repudiated the laws of honoring one's parents, and called on his followers to hate their parents; he also dishonored his own mother (Matthew 10:34-36; Matthew
12:46-50; Luke 14:26).
3. He violated the Sabbath by picking grain, and incited his disciples to do the same (Matthew 12:1-8; Mark 2:23-26).
4. 4) He again violated the Sabbath by healing a man's arm, which was not a matter of saving a life, and he openly defied the rabbis in his total repudiation of the
Sabbath (Matthew 12:9-13; Mark 3:1-5). [Compare this to G-d's view of violating the Sabbath, in Numbers 15:32-36, Nehemiah 10:30-32, and dozens of other places
throughout the Bible.]
5. Jesus brazenly defied and disobeyed the rabbis of the Sanhedrin, repudiating their authority (This is recorded in many places throughout the New Testament, but look
especially at Matthew 23:13-39 and John 8:44-45).

Joseph was 60 Mary was 12 Mohammed was 57 his wife was 9

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Commenting to remind myself to post later.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Wow. Thsnks for this post. As a Believer of Jesus Christ, that is maddening.

You are also a believer of religious persecution hoaxes.

I Have GOOGLE HOME. Just asked "Who is Jesus Christ"
According to Wikipedia:
The Gospel of Mathew emphasis that Jesus is the fullfilment of God as revealed in the old testament and he the lord of the church, son of David, the King and Messiah. (and More)

Siri
"who is Jesus Christ"
Jesus is also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus Christ, was a first century Jewish Preacher and religious leader. He is the central figure of Christianity and is widely described as the most influential person in history. (more).

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I assume you do not have Google Home?

If you did you might have realized the Youtube was BS.

And BTW - "Sorry, I can't help with that" is a response that AI Assistants give when the audio is not received clearly or their is a glitch. You can ask ANY question multiple times and it will eventually tell you that if it glitches or doesn't hear you well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join