It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Racist???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
Surely some do not believe that you can make fun of people as long as their ancestors were not slaves.

That would be incredibly ignorant to do.

After all, there is not one single people on earth of any ethnicity that has not at one time or another been both slaver and enslaved.

So if the criteria is whether or not your ancestors were ever enslaved by others, no one can ever mock anyone of another ethnicity.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What? So your connecting snoop dog's music to slavery and racist stereo types? I don't understand.

When snoop dog does white face, it doesn't bring up a history of oppressive stereotypes and racism.

Sure someone could get offended by it.... but it's just not on the same level.
Nope, it starts a whole new way of treating people like dog #. I thought the whole point of this conversation is to find a way for everyone to start being equally respectful to eachother? I think the majority of humans would like to see all of this squashed on both sides so that we can get back to civilization.
edit on 2-2-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There is no scientific basis for race. There are no genetic marks single to a race of people. In other words there is no sub species of humans. We are all one race. The human race.

If there is no such as race then by definition a belief in race is in error and by definition racism. So any cultures that has a word for race is racist.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Not at all

I find "black face" to be quite funny. Just as I find "ghost face" funny.

Those who are "offended" by this need to remove the stick from their posterior and get over it. Northam is a Dem, and I can't stand his abortion stance or political opinions. However, that picture alone means nothing (joke vs. reality) and even if it did I don't support going after someone for something they may or may not have done 35 years ago that isn't a crime no matter how you slice it

This PC bull# has gotten way out of control. Dems are even trying to "eat their own" again like they did with poor Al Franken... who didn't do a damn thing wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

are you attempting to defend blackface?

Oh yes, 100% absolutely am.

This is the United States of America. If I or anyone else wants to paint their face black I'm going to do it. I don't require or desire your (or anyone else's) permission.

People are going to do things that offend you and others. You'll need to get over it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don’t even argue the point anymore.
Once you hurts someone’s feelings, your automatically a racist.

I watched a YouTube video today Build the wall: Change my mind.
A group of PC kids stood around protesting a dude for supporting the wall build.
This girl had a sign with some comment, and at the bottom it said change my mind.

So they guy tried talking with her and she accuses him of being a racist before any dialogue gets underway. Then gets all crybaby when he accepts her posted invitation to change her mind.

The point is, now a days it seems if your not ashamed for being white, or keeping your head down for being a male, your a racist and rapist.

That old R2 if ya know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nowadays you're a everythingist if you vote for anyone but female candidates (run Tulsi and see how fast this narrative is disproven), don't want to throw your money at the government to be wasted, disagree with any leftist talking point (they have no facts, only delusions and talking points), question the minority suppression narrative (ie: there are plenty of "minorities" who are successful, including a certain POTUS), etc.

If you don't line up and say "Sure, person who was not even alive during the civil rights movement let alone slavery, I'll fork over my hard earned money/assets to you in the name of 'reparations' no matter that you did nothing to earn it" then they call you a "racist". Sorry guys, you don't get money just because something bad happens to you.

Also, my personal favorite response is: "Not interested, My party was responsible for abolishing the slavery the Democrats fought so hard to keep. Go talk to the lefties who want to continue to make this into a nation fracturing wedge issue 150 years later"

It all comes down to this: the Dems can't admit how flawed Hillary was (although many tried to warn the band-wagon hitchers). Their hatred for conservatives/wholesome types has always been there since we defeated them & their corrupt pro-slavery ideology in the 1st civil war, so they are punch drunk and swinging in any way possible. They believe if they repeat something enough it'll make it come true I guess (much like their Mueller nothing-burger)
edit on 2/2/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

in the sixties the bbc had a variety show called the black and white minstrel show blackface men white woman it was taken how it was meant good clean entertainment and nobody complained it tells you a bit about the generation now and by the way real racicem a black rapper says the n word fine a white guy says the n word god should strike him dead and just for the record been married to a colored for over 30 yrs

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

come on what abouy soccer pele ring any bells

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For me everything boils down to intent.

I'll never be racist simply because someone else says I am or because they do not agree with me.
edit on 2-2-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm married to one of those brownies...so I'm not...

edit on 2-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: 3n19m470

"I define racism as treating people differently based on skin color. If a white family has a daughter or son bringing their black date home for dinner, and they mentally prepare to be on their best behavior so they dont appear racist, THATS RACIST. You're altering your behavior due to someone's skin color. Prejudice might be a more exact term, but racism is just a flavor of prejudice."

That standard is hard for most people to accommodate. They are going to act differently to strangers in the first place. Maybe they already believe you are sensitive to certain issues but don't have any malicious intent. Some people are fake to others no matter who they are.

I grew up in the NYC area with lots of ethnic groups. When I got to Virginia, it was only black and white in most people's minds. The attitudes change depending on where you are. It's difficult to make a blanket statement.

That standard IS difficult to accommodate, that's why its ridiculous for people to expect a "perfect" robotic like response from society. It's ok to perceive differences and treat people differently, because it has to be ok...there is no other alternative. Because we are not robots.

If we did not have some fear and apprehension in our instincts towards the unfamiliar, the human race would've died off long ago. As IIB wisely stated, it's been hardwired into our brains.

Someone like you, from NYC, or someone like me, being in the Puget Sound region for almost my entire life, we could live with a family of any color with very little issue and be totally comfortable with it.

And then there are other people who would freak out a little at the thought of that.

Hey, I know! Let's shame them and mock them relentlessly and heap on piles of hatred, and maybe That will get them to come out of their shell?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The left keeps trying to redefine my thoughts, what I say and who I am, into something I don't resemble or support at all. The Democrats and Libs are some of the most racist people I've ever encountered in my life and most of them couldn't spell the word equality if their life depended on it.

I refuse to let a group of hating POS's, that don't know me from Adam, define who I am as a person. Unfortunately, this site has more than its fair share of these cowardly trolls. I've been called names from members here that I absolutely detest with every fiber in my body, but hey, whatever gets them off I suppose. Whatcha going to do?

I just keep telling the idiots to go pound effin' sand.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
For me everything boils down to intent.

I'll never be racist simply because someone else says I am or because they do not agree with me.

No, you're quite right you won't, but in today's social media driven world, perception is everything.

Does it matter what the truth about the Covington Catholic kid's heart is, or does it only matter what the public perception that was created is?

How about with Brett Kavanaugh?

Or, dare I say it, Donald Trump or Barack Obama even?

What's more important about those figures -- the real truth or the perception that's been painted for us?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

My point is simply painting your face does not make you racist. Now if I'm already a racist and decide to paint my face black, that's a different story.

You keep on trying to make excuses for this man...because he is a democrat. BTW, are you black? i am almost certain you are not. Yet here you are making claims that this democrat, racist, and moron who devalues the life not only of the unborn, but also devalues the life of newborns, has now been shown his true colors...

Ironic that despite the fact that the KKK was founded by democrats, despite the fact that it was democrats who for almost 200+ years voted against Civil Right Acts that Republicans tried to pass for almost 200+ years, you still have people who are democrat/liberal and still want to condone the actions of real racists who are part of the democrat/liberal party...

This man didn't "just put make up on."
This man thought that it was funny to dress and imitate a black person, or a kkk moron. This demonrat was, and probably still is even thou he is trying to hide it, a racist who to this day devalues the lifes of "humans he deems not worthy of life."

This thread of yours is a farce.

edit on 2-2-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This PC bull# has gotten way out of control. Dems are even trying to "eat their own" again like they did with poor Al Franken... who didn't do a damn thing wrong.

If it had been a Republican doing this, the left would have done a lot worse than what they have done to this democrat.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
The left keeps trying to redefine my thoughts, what I say and who I am, into something I don't resemble or support at all. The Democrats and Libs are some of the most racist people I've ever encountered in my life and most of them couldn't spell the word equality if their life depended on it.

I refuse to let a group of hating POS's, that don't know me from Adam, define who I am as a person. Unfortunately, this site has more than its fair share of these cowardly trolls. I've been called names from members here that I absolutely detest with every fiber in my body, but hey, whatever gets them off I suppose. Whatcha going to do?

I just keep telling the idiots to go pound effin' sand.

So you actually give not only time but head space away to random strangers on the internet that as you say literally detest with every fibre in your body, I realise I'm one of "those members" but dude seriously relax a bit, there's merit to the saying "don't take life so seriously you'll never get out alive ".

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Not I.

But it definitely exists and persists in all zones —

RUIRU, Kenya — Before last year, Richard Ochieng’, 26, could not recall experiencing racism firsthand.

Not while growing up as an orphan in his village near Lake Victoria where everybody was, like him, black. Not while studying at a university in another part of Kenya. Not until his job search led him to Ruiru, a fast-growing settlement at the edge of the capital, Nairobi, where Mr. Ochieng’ found work at a Chinese motorcycle company that had just expanded to Kenya.

But then his new boss, a Chinese man his own age, started calling him a monkey.

It happened when the two were on a sales trip and spotted a troop of baboons on the roadside, he said.

“‘Your brothers,’” he said his boss exclaimed, urging Mr. Ochieng’ to share some bananas with the primates.

Sometimes, the racial controversies have unfolded in full public view. Two years ago, a laundry detergent company in China ran a television commercial in which the detergent’s effectiveness was demonstrated by transforming a black man into a light-skinned Asian man. Last year, WeChat, the country’s popular messaging app, apologized after its software was found to translate the Chinese words for “black foreigner” into a racial slur in English.

This year, China’s televised Lunar New Year gala, estimated to reach 800 million viewers, included caricatures of Africans, with blackface and men in animal suits.

When asked about the controversy, China’s foreign ministry spokesman suggested that Western news organizations had blown the matter out of proportion in an effort to “sow discord in China’s relations with African countries.”

Mr. French, the author of “China’s Second Continent,” said that when it comes to Africa, China has had a tendency to dismiss criticism of its conduct by noting that the West, not China, fueled the slave trade and colonized the continent.

But that misses the point, Mr. French said, by ignoring the treatment of Africans today.

“Their experience is that they are being treated in flagrantly disgusting, racialized ways,” Mr. French said.

Kenyans Say Chinese Investment Brings Racism and Discrimination

The rant that Mr. Ochieng’ recorded came after a sales trip had gone awry. Mr. Ochieng’ asked his boss why he was taking out his anger on him.

“Because you are Kenyan,” Mr. Liu explained, saying that all Kenyans, even the president, are “like a monkey.”

Mr. Ochieng’ continued that Kenyans may have once been oppressed, but that they have been a free people since 1963.

“Like a monkey,” Mr. Liu responded. “Monkey is also free.”

Seems ironic, no?

edit on 3/2/2019 by KnightErrant because: formatting

edit on 3/2/2019 by KnightErrant because: consarn it!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightErrant

All that being said, the racist card gets pulled far too often in cases where none occurs.
On the flipside, there is a disgusting amount of legitimate outbursts (especially on the internet where everyone is - to a point - faceless) that get ignored, accepted or even defended and propogated.

It's a sad state of affairs that I personally do not know how to remedy.
We are all one in the same. We all bleed red (I hope). We all feel pain. We all feel joy. We are all continuously being held down and divided by devious programming and false idols pushing poisonous propaganda on the regular. We are all in this together. If we really want what's best for humanity, we must each do our best.

Some individuals (around these parts too) need a serious ego check.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Blackface is a pretty tone deaf and poor choice... doing black face and standing next to guy in a KKK outfit is pushing credulity.

My own theory is he changed his tune, because he's the guy in the KKK outfit, but there's no way to tell it's him as of yet.

Democrats, as hysterical as they have been for the last 3 years, are getting worse at a high velocity.

These people are nuts.
edit on 3-2-2019 by dasman888 because: edit

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join