It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Racist???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Racist is an overused word.

More times or not people should use....

Discrimination - to treat someone differently for gender, race, ethnicity, creed ect.

Offensive--doing something that would offend any of the above.

Or stereotyping- assuming or projecting based off of perceived tendencies.

Good point. Those words are far more appropriate, but doesn't have the same impact is "racist". Everyone suffers from discrimination, everyone has been offended and everyone has been stereotyped.

But racism? Do you not know history!!?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Being that its impossible to look at someone who looks and acts differently than the people you grew up around as "the same", I would have to say everyone is racist.

I define racism as treating people differently based on skin color. If a white family has a daughter or son bringing their black date home for dinner, and they mentally prepare to be on their best behavior so they dont appear racist, THATS RACIST. You're altering your behavior due to someone's skin color. Prejudice might be a more exact term, but racism is just a flavor of prejudice.

Using the definition in the OP, someone "who believes one particular race is superior to another", still works for my purposes, because treating another race as being better than your own is still putting one race over another.

Even if your behavior is well intentioned or has "good" consequences, you are still not being yourself and that is due to a person's skin color. That is a barrier just as much as someone who has a Negative reaction to other skin colors.

A lot of people who think they are fighting racism are actually promoting it.

And of course any sane person knows that paint on your face, paint on your crotch, paint on your garage floor like in Breakfast Club and your dad burns you with a cigarette, etc, is not racist.

It takes a special kind of IQ to believe that. If I go to a day spa and see non white women with white cream all over their faces, am I going to be offended? Of course not. If I go to a basketball game and kids are wearing their school colors on their faces, is that racist? zof course not.

This is just morons being morons. It just feels good to the primitive minded to point that finger because it just reaffirms that they are not the evil racist ones, no that is some other person...in fact hey its that guy right there! 👉

GoshDAMN it must feel so good to just have that reassurance, knowing beyond a reasonable doubt that You are definitely Not "the problem" with this world, and you found tangible evidence that it is, indeed "someone else" who is "The Problem". No need for self improvement we can just continue our current behaviors, and there is nothing more comforting than that. But those Other people... boy have they got a Lot of work to do. Im just glad I'm not one of them. Nope. I have identified the problem, and it definitely isnt me.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder what actual black people think of this. Other than Don Lemon who is paid to express a certain opinion, I have not seen any actual black people complain about this. It's all others that feel they should be enraged for them.

I think they should do some "man on the street" type interviews.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Racism is but one of the higher orders of tribalism. And the urge to "fit in" to tribes (of any and all forms and sizes) is hardwired into our brains so deeply its only rivaled by the likes of the human sex drive.

And since hardly anyone ever seems to want to get real and deep about discussions of how our brains are by in large in control of our conscious minds, hardly anyone is too much in control over this effect, where racial tribalism is hardly rivaled by any other except for the likes of religion and 'world identity'.

Now this doesnt mean people are inherently prejudice against their other racial groups.

Then you have people like the modern "liberals" who have been hardwiring their brains to over-compensate with these ploys like hating their own race, and screaming in defense of minorities. But the problem is they most of all I find arent trying to hear the slightest about the way tribalist psychology works, and none of it is explained to them in this terms by their social engineer propagandists (who cant because its hardcore tribalism they're being indoctrinated with so to reveal the underpinnings of this stuff would undermine their mass mind control objectives).

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: highvein

I never said that... White face doesn't have a history of oppression. Black face does.....

It all started somewhere.

Great input there buddy. Real intellectual.

When you can't argue logically, attack your opponent.
Intellectual indeed.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I've said it before and I'll say it again, why hate someone for the color of their skin when once you get to know them there are so many better reasons to do so.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There must be two kinds of racism. The normal kind that helped us survive by showing caution in the presence of unfamiliarity. And the other kind that has moved beyond showing caution and has identified this "other" as a threat rather than a potential friend and ally.

Theres nothing wrong or evil about expressing your natural instinct to show caution around the unfamiliar. It CAN help you grow as a person to take some risks and expose yourself to unfamiliarity. But there is nothing necessarily immoral about preferring to stay within the perceived relative safety of your known boundaries. It's when you actively make excursions beyond that boundary to lash out at that Other and then run back to your shelter, that you begin to become a nuisance to society.

I remember seeing a show, back sometime around year 2000. There was a black guy living in the south, in our current time, who made it his goal to reach out to known KKK members and Just start a conversation and figure out (i think mostly he was helping THEM figure out) what made them think and feel this way.

He would start on the phone and gradually have them meeting him at a waffle house for coffee and face to face, man to man, one on one discussions.

This is a man who understands people arent just born evil. It is taught. He knew that deep down under the facade, each of these KKK guys was a Human Being.

Im gonna go see if I can find him. I would not be surprised if he was killed by the government for attempting to seek racial harmony.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

"I define racism as treating people differently based on skin color. If a white family has a daughter or son bringing their black date home for dinner, and they mentally prepare to be on their best behavior so they dont appear racist, THATS RACIST. You're altering your behavior due to someone's skin color. Prejudice might be a more exact term, but racism is just a flavor of prejudice."

That standard is hard for most people to accommodate. They are going to act differently to strangers in the first place. Maybe they already believe you are sensitive to certain issues but don't have any malicious intent. Some people are fake to others no matter who they are.

I grew up in the NYC area with lots of ethnic groups. When I got to Virginia, it was only black and white in most people's minds. The attitudes change depending on where you are. It's difficult to make a blanket statement.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now that was an awesomely delivered thought containing quality information. I am sure hardly anyone will like it because it removes illusions.

How much easier is it to blame guns instead of the person pulling the trigger? It is so much easier to just blame an object compared to the person's motivations and intentions, especially when they are biological in nature.

It is so much easier to blame people who want to be with similar people and similar morals, instead of asking why they feel threatened in the first place. If they actually look at true motivations, most of the impulses wouldn't be from a source of hate, but a source of simple self preservation.

If the real questions are asked in a honest manner, those who throw out the terms of racists and bigot will find those labels apply to them as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Even suggesting that races are different makes you a racist today.

Look at marathon runners.
Why do so many Kenyans win marathons?
Do we believe they just train harder or is it a genetic trait?
Why are most NBA players black?

Anybody can see we are different physically so is it a big stretch to say maybe there are differences mentally?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You never addressed my point beyond random one liners that didn't mean anything..

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What? So your connecting snoop dog's music to slavery and racist stereo types? I don't understand.

When snoop dog does white face, it doesn't bring up a history of oppressive stereotypes and racism.

Sure someone could get offended by it.... but it's just not on the same level.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I’m the same way, ie I try to treat people equally and respectfully. However, I expect the same. I don’t put up with bull.

The problem is that now days a lot of sjws think that they can talk at me or down to me, because I’m blonde, white, and male. When I don’t put up with it, it’s shocking to them as if I’m the one being a bad person.
a reply to: rickymouse

I understand totally what you are saying. Some people think you are a jerk if you do not follow their distorted beliefs. I will never adopt only one point of view broadly, I judge each individual incident as a specific case. I learned long ago that just because you do not agree with someone on one thing, there is usually common ground. But the sjws think you are either with them or against them most times, yet when those same people who cut you down need something only you can offer, they will put their beliefs aside temporarily and act like you fit in. As soon as they get what they want, they will banish you because you are not all in in their beliefs. They would be an extreme fair weather friend. I actually know dozens of people personally in my community like that.

I wouldn't work for these people when I was a contractor, I was racist I guess against this type of beings. One tried to tell me I have to work for her because I am a contractor and I have to work for anyone who wants my service. I never turned in the estimate to her and if I did, the cost would have been ten times the cost it should have been. I do not have to work for anyone, I have the right as a Builder to choose who I do work for, it is not like discriminating against someone in a store by refusing to sell them something.

I tried giving a person like this a high estimate one time and it backfired, the person was related to others I know well, they said I should have just told him I was too busy. They knew he was the way he was, the one friend of mine said he himself would never work for him because he wanted everything his way and complained about everything. He didn't say I should take the job only that I should have done it differently.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Are you a racist?

Depends whether I'm packin hot sauce when I'm out and about campaigning in super-predator territory.

Ones skin colour is irrelevant, for instance, I don't like Don Lemmon due to the content of his character, same goes for the likes of Mad Max, Kathy griffiths, Pelosi, Schumer, Sarah Silverman, Keith Ellison - all have disgusting holier-than-thou attitudes and are extremely hate filled and intolerant. Many more like them too.

If that makes me a racist, so be it. Tell someone who gives a fluck.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I think it's a mix. Genetics, training, and culture. Yea it's a taboo subject though. It's possible that living centuries of hard laboring lives in Africa created something in the genes.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think I may be racist, not intentionally though. I'm from an area in England where there is very little ethnic diversity.

I don't hate, nor do I bear ill will towards people of different races and cultures, however, seeing a black person walking the street makes me go "oh, a black person, cool", and where possible I try to strike up a conversation and make them feel welcome.

I do have an admiration for black folks, given all the crap they have endured over the centuries.

My attitude though, I have came to realise as of late, is probably racist.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You would think that they would be great at all sports but it's only running...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

My point is simply painting your face does not make you racist. Now if I'm already a racist and decide to paint my face black, that's a different story.

Does it though? What if you are indeed a racist, but in this case, you're a Raiders fan headed out to the game on Sunday?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What? So your connecting snoop dog's music to slavery and racist stereo types? I don't understand.

When snoop dog does white face, it doesn't bring up a history of oppressive stereotypes and racism.

Sure someone could get offended by it.... but it's just not on the same level.

So? He still does it as a mockery. Jimmy Kimmel did what he did as a mockery, but no one called him racist for it either. Apparently, he did comedy, not blackface even though he did paint his face black and mocked a black person.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Surely some do not believe that you can make fun of people as long as their ancestors were not slaves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join