It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tool Album Update, January 2019

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Maynard tweeted this:

Update- Midway through mixing. Most likely be a few recalls. Then some arguing. Then Mastering, Artwork, Video, Special Packaging, etc. Best Ballpark Guess- Release date somewhere between Mid May and Mid July. More focused updates to follow as we progress. @tool #simplemath

@mjkeenan

So goodbye to April.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Getting in the mood. Soon. Maybe.
New Tool Album Update May 2019

Tool's new album will be released in May of 2019. Or June. Or July. Or August.

posted on May, 6 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tool - D E S C E N D I N G

Tool - Descending (Live Premiere May 5th 2019). On May 5th 2019, Tool performed the full version of "Descending" for the first time at Welcome To Rockville 2019. The new song will feature on the new Tool album, which will be released at the earliest in August or September.

posted on May, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They just posted an update to their FB page, indicating something will be happening on August 30th.

Will it be the album drop date?

Will it be the day they come forward and let everyone know that the date is?

Who knows, I just know it's there

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
They just posted an update to their FB page, indicating something will be happening on August 30th.

Will it be the album drop date?

Will it be the day they come forward and let everyone know that the date is?

Who knows, I just know it's there

Well, August 30th would be Allright. It’s the day before my birthday...cool little gift. But I’d rather have a New Tool album for a Memorial Day gift.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

That would have been sweet! Kicking back in front of the fire, beer in hand, getting experienced in a Tool scenery for 10 minutes just sounds like the perfect way to start the long weekend.

Alas, August 30 is the most likely date.

The next question is, "Do you download or buy a CD"? The immediacy of the download is tempting but I can always rip the CD. And you don't get cool 3D glasses like last time should they try something like that again!

2 months?! Pffttt! I can wait. Waited this long so what is another 8 weeks?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The new album title is Fear Inoculum

There will be a listening party at Maynard's in Jerome, AZ, on Thursday, August 29, the day before the official release.

It is now August 1!!!

Hold onto your butts!!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Wahoo! Finally!! 😎🍻
Look for TOOL's catalog coming to streaming services on August 2 and their new album "FEAR INOCULUM" releases on August 30.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Two weeks!!

Woot!

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Five days!!!

Prolly do iTunes download. Although I just saw that Taylor Swift is the only artist still selling CDs...

Tool... CD... screw Taylor Swift!!

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I like Tool, but there's no way this album's gonna live up to the hype.

I'm sick of the album already....
edit on 27 8 1919 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

A friend of mine claims to have the album. 7 songs, 80 minutes. He’s a lifelong tool fan and says it’s their best album yet.

Fact or fiction, I don’t know. But I don’t have any reason to question his integrity.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have been a tool fan for more than 2 decades.

I can honestly say that I am not really impressed with the two songs I have heard so far.

I was hoping for more of a raw sound like old times. But they seem to be stuck in some sort of effects loop. Sounds like their last album.

Just my opinion on the songs I have heard so far.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
I hear you.
The title track, whist pretty good, just sounds like sampled snippets of parts of Ænima to 10000 Days.
I mean, there's only so many times you can play slight variations of the same riff before people start noticing...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well it's a pretty damn good album. It certainly doesn't top anything else they've done though.
Is it just me or does it seem like Maynard's heart isn't really in it. Like he'd rather be doing Puscifer
edit on 30 8 1919 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

A friend of mine claims to have the album. 7 songs, 80 minutes. He’s a lifelong tool fan and says it’s their best album yet.

Fact or fiction, I don’t know. But I don’t have any reason to question his integrity.

If he seriously thinks it's a better album than Ænima, then I would question his sanity...
edit on 30 8 1919 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If he seriously thinks it's a better album than Ænima, then I would question his sanity...

Could have just been his fandom for Tool and 13 years of pent up excitement getting the best of him. Or, he genuinely loves the new album more than the older stuff. He’s entitled to how he feels about it.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Could have just been his fandom for Tool and 13 years of pent up excitement getting the best of him. Or, he genuinely loves the new album more than the older stuff. He’s entitled to how he feels about it.

Of course, I was only messin'...

Admittedly, it's getting better and better with each listen. Definitely a grower.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Did iTunes and downloaded.

I am going to wait until my guitar playing buddy gets off work to listen.

Now to check my email and get my shoes shined! lol...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Of course, I was only messin'...

Admittedly, it's getting better and better with each listen. Definitely a grower.

I was kind of wondering how many people would need some time to warm up to it. I gave it a listen and enjoyed it and immediately thought it was the kind of music that grows on you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join