It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tool Album Update, January 2019

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

YouTube - Tool Album Update January 2019

7:00 minutes of intro with some live breaks including drummer Danny Carey saying, "The new album will be out in mid-April. That's the plan anyway..."

Then there is a 4:00 minute discussion about the Opiate re-make they recorded a while back and what Tool means to them to make it this far.

Is this the best news? Is it too late? Is it, "I liked Tool back in the day but...." or a solid, "Meh?" I know there are some vary pointed opinions out there about this band (including, "They don't rock hard enough"!), so let's share them all!

This came out Jan. 28, surprised a certain few individuals haven't already shown the initiative and posted this!! :rawk:

Me, I will plop down the money and listen until I can't stand it anymore! Btw, I was listening to Opiate last night so I am kind of a fan!

Hope this not another Maynard stunt!!

Remember, T&C still apply!!
edit on 1-2-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Add YouTube comment up front

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I certainly hope they do release soon. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they delay.

Either way when the new album does release I imagine it will be as good as all the others.

Good find and thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can't wait

I have been saying that for years though

Ta op

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Loved their music in the 90’s, back when I was angry at the world.

Now, I just drink Maynard’s wine. He actually just won a bunch of awards last week for them. Did very well in the competition.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hooray!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yeah, they said the same a couple of years ago! Actually, the bassist said they were done recording and Maynard said they haven't even finished the vocals! Hope this announcement is not one of those.

a reply to: KKLOCO

We have some weird alcohol laws here so I don't get to order stuff off the net. One day, have make it back down to AZ!

I like interesting music and Tool is that!

If anything, I will buy it just so I can hear something else besides what is blasted on the radio every hour!!

(have some Caduceus Cellars for me!)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Since the release of Tool’s fourth studio album, 10,000 Days, mankind has discovered water on Mars, invented the iPhone, legalized gay marriage, gone through three presidents and built an entirely new World Trade Center. For more than a decade, a new Tool album has eluded fans, who are looking more like Maynard James Keenan by the day, thanks to ripping their own hair out in frustration.

Loudwire.com - Why has Tool’s fifth album taken 13 years to make?

Add to the list, "Hemp moved off Schedule 1, MJ legal in many of the states, been to the Kuiper Belt, and Breaking Bad"!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Didn't even know they were still alive. I always did like them.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

(have some Caduceus Cellars for me!)

Will do. And if you ever find yourself back in AZ — free wine tour on me! I own a wine tour company 🍷

I’ll take you to Jerome, where Maynard lives. That place is worth the visit alone! Endless ghost stories. 🍻

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Now, I just drink Maynard’s wine. He actually just won a bunch of awards last week for them. Did very well in the competition.

I got a bottle one year for Christmas. It was the Judith. Best wine I ever had.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I got a bottle one year for Christmas. It was the Judith. Best wine I ever had.

He is really refining his craft.

For all you Tool and wine lovers, I’m going to include this documentary Maynard made. It’s about his journey in wine making — and a whole lot of his dry sense of humor.

It’s called Blood Into Wine made in 2010. It’s 1 hour and 40 minutes long. It well worth it if you’re a tool fan. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Oooohhh! Something to watch before the game!!

Awesome!

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'll probably give it a listen

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

So many people I know will be playing it that I won’t have much of a choice!!

Keep on rocking in the free world!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ooooh, LOVE Tool!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
As long as they put out a legit tool album, I’ll wait. If taking their time means not rushing out a terrible album...then I’ll happily wait.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Itd be nice if they returned to their opiate and undertow sound. That's why I liked Tool. The sinister rage. If Maynard isn't shouting with power throughout this album, I ll be a tad disappointed.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can't find it at the moment, but I heard an interview with Adam where he said the same thing, "sometime in April".

Words cannot explain the happiness I feel

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

The way the last three weeks went it won’t be a long wait!!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So Maynard is denying the reports of an April release for the new album. April makes sense because they start touring in May. Makes me think if it’s not out before the tour starts, it won’t come out till after the tour is over.

Maynard says No

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join